“Wouldnt go back”
Review of Waverley Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Waverley Hotel
Ranked #749 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I first tried to book this hotel on late rooms it was priced at 100 pounds for a family room. I decided to ring hotel direct. Arranged the booking with the owner. I explained there was only 3 of us not 4 she said the room would still be a 100 pound but this was fine with us and we booked. The week before we were due to go another friend tagged on. Obviously no prob as the room was for 4 anyway. However on the day when we arrived the owner decided to charge us another 20 pound! We were not impressed. Especially when we spoke to other guests who go every year and are only charged 20! Hotel is being renovated very small room with double bed and bunk beds. No central heating. Mirror in bathroom was on the floor. It was clean, breakfast was edible but we have stayed at far better for far cheaper the beechfield being one of them.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gmarsh43
There are newer reviews for Waverley Hotel

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Waverley, 95 Reads Avenue (be aware there are two Waverley’s in Blackpool). We have just returned home 30th November 2012. My daughter was on with an intensive driving course. We also met another lovely girl there.

I read revues on Trip Advisor and was dreading what we would find! I can honestly say that I loved the character and charm of the Waverley Hotel. It was very clean and homely. I often look around my project of a house and despair myself. I just could not understand the negatives and still don’t.

As an addition on to my daughter’s stay I paid just £15 a day/night and was offered a full breakfast which was of the best! The land lady was quite happy for me to spend hours in the room which is essentially her house whilst my daughter attended her driving course and was polite enough to knock on the door and ask me if we needed any cleaning done or topping up with tea, coffee, sugar and anything else they provide.

When I stay in Blackpool again I would certainly go back there again.

We did the Blackpool tower, given my dread of heights, but a lovely bit of history and also Sealife, I love the Sea and all that swims and lives in it. The fish all look so happy. Definitely worth a visit. To eat, we ate in Wetherspoons most nights, The Albert and the Lion good value and yes I have stayed in 5* hotels but nothing beats reality :o)

Jo

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jo L
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Decided to go to Blackpool for the last weekend of the lights and came on the internet to find a B & B. As you can imagine alot of the B & B's were fully booked but Waverley Hotel came up with a price of £50 for bed and breakfast for one night. I looked at the photographs on the website and was very impressed so i went ahead and booked.

On arrival we were met by what can only be described by a headmistresses landlady, we paid for the room before we were even shown it (no card machine - get in the modern world!!!). We were then taken up into our room as soon as she opened the door the smell of damp just hit you and to say it was disgusting is an understatement. Pictures will show what I mean

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andybenco
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed for one night cost £60 decor very poor holes in ceiling on landing. Room basic needs refurb. Bed was awful. Shower was tiny some people wouldn't get in its that small. The taps on the sink didn't work you had to keep turning them and they made an awful loud noise and all brown water came up the plug hole in shower when using the sink not nice at all looked like sewage. Breakfast was ok but took 45 mins to get it as apparently she was on her own not a good way to run a B&B. Smoke alarm went off at 3.30 am no one came to inform us what was happening and had no apology for it going off. Glad I was only staying here for 1 night as I think I would have checked out earlier. Would never go here again and would never ever recommend. Not sure what pictures are on website as they certainly don't match where I stayed.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Stagecoach2000
Reviewed October 15, 2012

First off, I shall give them props for the full english breakfast, but really, how hard can that be?!

On arrival, we had to wait over an hour because the woman was 'out shopping'. On the way to our room, it was comforting to see the damp and the big gaping holes in the ceiling, really set the tone for what to expect out of the rooms; There was damp on the wallpaper, the en-suite sliding door was a challenge to open... I literally had to lift it to slide it across, the en-suite was covered in limescale, mildew and mould, and let's not forget the shower which only had two settings - boiling and scoulding! A friend of mine who had a different room, her en-suite even had what appeared to be toilet roll to cover a hole in the roof, and to boot, stale water in the kettle from previous customers!! It was shocking.

The bar? There was a bar??!! Saturday night and it wasn't even open.

And let's not forget the electric being tripped off every 2-5 minutes, that was 'fun'. A lot of this could possibly be overlooked if the hospitality was somewhat apologetic or at least welcoming, instead I was made to feel like an unwanted inconvenience by a face that was the epitome of attitude.

If you are looking to be ripped off, go nuts. Frankly, I'd rather pay triple to stay at a leper colony next time.

Room Tip: The bench outside is quite possibly cleaner.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Tellitlikeitis82
Reviewed September 18, 2012

sergeant steve came up to our room at 9.15 to ask if we were coming down for breakfast even though it was till 9.30 very rude make sure you eat everything on your plate or he will ask you why and tell you he does not like waste and when we found no soap in our room he told us there was and was again very rude do not think about puting up a do not disturb sign because this will really upset him make sure you are on time leaving because before you have finished your breakfast he will have the car ready out the front he likes to keep all car keys not a realaxing stay too controling and its his way or no way and she is no better

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mark n
Reviewed September 4, 2012

stayed in this hotel for 2 nights from friday 31st august till sunday 2nd sept, for the illuminations and found it to be ideal for us, it is a quiet family hotel, no noise of people comming in late waking u up, not to far from shops and bars, we had the four poster bed room , which was big enough for two, tea and coffee and biscuits in the room, and plenty to eat at breakfast,all in all we had a a lovely weekend, and would go back again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple