“Never again!”
Review of Happy Return Hotel

Happy Return Hotel
Ranked #37 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Everyone knows that Blackpool is a bit run down and me and my friend expected this when going there. Having seen the pictures and the reviews on-line we decided this hotel was perfect for what we needed. On arrival the owner was helpful and all was fine. We left the hotel to enjoy our day and came back to relax, or so we planned. The tiny size of the "bathroom" meant that there wasn't even room for a full sized shower door and instead two half doors that you had to squeeze between. After exiting the shower all fresh I came face to face with a wall growing mould! Safe to say I instantly felt dirty again. I went straight downstairs (now 10 o'clock at night) and informed the manager there was mould all over the wall to which she replied "well there should be"... uh duh! why do you think I am complaining?? When we told her and her employee they we're welcome to go and check the state of the already dingy room, they said they didn't need to and said we could move into a smaller room. It appeared that they were completely aware of this situation and thought that because we were young and on our own they could fob the crap room off on us. When we moved upstairs it was like entering a different hotel, although still slightly run down, this room was far cleaner and far more modern. We cannot fault the breakfast staff and the actual food and think the place would do brilliantly under their leadership. If you get the right room I'm sure this place may be suitable. They never should have allowed us to even go into this room. Forgetting the fact that mould is dangerous let alone considering my friend has asthma and I was struggling with chest infection, it is something that would far from impress health and safety, if this is what these people deem clean enough for occupancy there are clearly some major issues. I am not discrediting people who have given this hotel a good review but our experience did not leave us "happy" or wishing to "return", in fact it put a dampener on the holiday right from the beginning

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Laura_Maire11

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for the 4th time, fantastic service, really nice and friendly, nothing is too much trouble, very welcoming. Would recommend this to all. Right in the town, great location to all in Blackpool.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Happy Returns hotel for two nights. We were welcomed, registered and shown our room. The room (No 6) was quite spacious and comfortable, as was the bed. We had a view of the quiet road outside, and just over the opposite roof tops we could see Blackpool Tower top third, which at night all lit up is lovely. The tea/coffee facilities were fine. We could come and go as we pleased. The breakfast was excellent. I had porridge first followed by most of an englsh breakfast, then toast and marmalade (Duerrs). The staff were friendly and helpful. We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

A great time had by all for the new year celebrations. lovely clean hotel right in the centre of it all. great food but could of done with a children's choice as my 4yr old little boy wouldn't really eat the choice's on offer. fab entertainment. would highly recommend & hopefully will be returning in the new year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank joanne1972_12
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My daughter, husband and me have just got back from our New Year stay at Happy Return, realy enjoyed it. The food was the best ever. Owners realy friendly, right in the center of Blackpool, but also quiet in the evening. Realy clean. Entertainment and Quizzes. Will definately return .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed November 20, 2012

excellent place, standard is very high and working in a 4* hotel in the housekeeping dept myself i could not fault it whatsoever, very clean rooms,lovely hosts,food was awesome and the location is fantastic, right next to the shops pubs etc...well worth a 5* and will definitely only stay here the next time i'm in blackpool

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tracyjayne1964
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed for the weekend on recommendation,absolutely fantastic its warm,spotlessly clean,very friendly and the breakfast was faultless, piping hot and as much as you like. The owners are lovely and really welcoming, would definately go back... couldn't be any nearer to the centre either.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family