“FANTASTIC HOTEL!!!!”

Ranked #237 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Rotherham
“FANTASTIC HOTEL!!!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

FANTASTIC HOTEL AND LOVELY STAFF!!!!!
We stay in this hotel about four times a year and never have any issues, the rooms are clean and tidy all the beds are changed regular, down stairs the bar and dining room is very clean and welcoming. Great service from all the staff always happy and welcoming and would move mountains for you. The food is great breakfast and evening meals. Entertainment is good there's always something on at the weekend... Don't listen to the bad reviews because we never have any problems with the hotel or staff I think some people just ask too much, they don't realize what pressure and stress it puts on the staff trying to satisfy 40+ guests I couldn't do it, so me and my family give the manager and his wife a round of applause!

Room Tip: Rooms 33 and 34 aregood sea front family rooms!
1 Thank Stella S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
rochdale
Reviewed August 14, 2012

A little while back myself and some friends chose to stay at the New Promenade for its location, what a massive mistake?! So I've read some of the reviews on here and it's all true, the hotel is horrible, dated and unclean looking. Quite frankly I wouldn't put my worst enemy in there but all that was far from the worst thing that happened while we were there. As we only get one key between my whole party we decide to leave our door unlocked in case we got separated when we went out figuring with a 24 hour reception and cameras it'd be safe. When I returned back to the hotel alone at around 2 in the morning, having left my friends, I was shocked to find the front door of the hotel wasn't even locked and anyone could walk in. I then proceeded to go to my room to find there was A MAN IN MY BED!! A drunken man, who I later discovered wasn't even a guest at the hotel, had managed to walk drunkenly in to this hotel, up two flights of stairs and in to MY bed without raising any alarm in this hotel! Luckily when I screamed he staggered out the room and disappeared leaving me terrified and deeply shaken. Luckily the man just left, but coming home on my own I dread to think what could have happened to me because of the blatant lack of safety in this hotel and I dread more the thought that there were children in this hotel who could have been the recipient of this strange man coming in their room! I beg of any woman, family or in fact anyone thinking of staying at this hotel to quickly change the mind, if not for the horrible state of this dilapidated hotel, but then for their own safety. THIS PLACE SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank travellerjane032
leicester
Reviewed August 13, 2012

From the pictures I thought myself, my partner and our two year old daughter struck lucky when I booked the New Promenade Hotel. I couldn't be more wrong, I am not too sure how five parking spaces can be classed as a 'car park' for the first instance. First impressions of our room went downhill from there onwards, Their was a bunk bed provided for my daughter upon which the top bed railing was hanging off and to add to the disappointment the bunk bed was situated in front of the bedroom mirror so we could only use the bathroom.
Our bed linen was not a gorgeous black and white, it was a dingy red covering what felt like a extremely aged mattress. The bathroom door had a hole in it which was covered by a picture and the door handle was broken, my partner had to bash the door in to get me out of the bathroom as the door jammed! On our first night the fire alarm was constantly going off and the noise outside was that to be expected from blackpool. The shower leaked onto the bedroom carpet and you had to wait a good 5 minutes for the hot water to come on, all in all very disappointed with the room but the staff was nice.

Room Tip: I am unable to say that a good room exists in this hotel.
Houghton Regis, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights.The staff are great BUT.... Room not ready on time, No wi-fi in the room, Room needs alot of work ( ceiling tiles broken, floor tiles broken. sharp metal on the door, Cant read in case of fire card) No iron or ironing board in family room. Beds well used. Car park a joke space for 8 cars on the side of hotel right by the road. Management never around or didn't make them selves know. The location is great & breakfast was good but way to much wrong.

edinburgh
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We are just back from a fantastic 5 days in Blackpool. When we arrived there had been a leak so we did not have room of our choice which was not a problem but giving a full round of drinks on the house for the inconvenience, which there wasn't any as rooms were lovely, bright, roomy and most of all clean.
At any time we needed anything staff were more than happy to help. We travelled as family of 6 between ages of 41 and 7 and every one of us were happy. The owners have a lovely son who is very well mannered and encourges other children playing in bar area to be same while playing with them which was warming to see.
We had clean towels every day, tea and coffee tray was re-stocked daily, extra toilet roll put in rooms and breakfast was yummy.
The bar/staff were great, entertainment very good but sadly only lasted an hour which i felt could have lasted bit longer. I did question this and it is because its a family hotel and they have to consider there other guest who want to sleep early. In saying this i was in hotel bar till 2am one night and we had music on just not to loud and had great laugh.
I have read other reviews and dont get how they can be so negative as that is not what we experienced.
I would recommend this hotel to friends and will be going back next year for sure.

north east englad
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and myself stayed here 3rd aug for two night along with our friends 2 other couples and i must say we had a fab time. Hotel staff were wonderful and couldnt do enough to make our stay any more enjoyable. Rooms were basic but clean n fresh. Its a typical blackpool hotel. Breakfast was served quickly and was red hot both mornings and very tasty. The night doorman even looked after us coming in early hours a little worse for wear (big thank you). We are seriously thinking of returning for the illuminations taking our son along too. a lovely hotel in a fab kocation!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank clairabelle7627
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2012

hotel was in a prime position which i think the owners rely upon, photographs were vary misleading , our curtains were red not as pictures show hanging off did not draw properly. photos show lovely crisp black and white linen, ours was a dingy orangy colour as old as the hills, i have throw better ones. did not try to accomadate my disabled husband at all. PLEASE NOTE this is not disable friendly as stated, nowhere to hang towels ,loo roll holder none , and i did not like looking at myself on the loo as that was where the mirror was, nowhere to hang towels either.