“A great guesthouse”
Review of The Merginn

The Merginn
Ranked #368 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I will say it how it is and this place is superb for what you pay for, and Steve and Dawn are an easily approachable, polite, respectful and friendly couple the guests are in their best interests and I just wish that more people were like them, so book here you won't regret it!!! Yet another satisfied guest who stayed at The Merginn for my holiday :)

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Kevinlangford1990

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was looking for somewhere to stay for one evening only in Blackpool. I chose the Merginn due to the excellent feedback left by others. I would just like to say a big thankyou to Steve and Dawn for making me feel very welcome. Shame about Steve supporting Derby though :). Thanks Paul

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We have just got back from a two night stay. I can honestly say that our stay was faultless. I was greeted by Steve as soon as we pulled up. Within literally 5 minuites the kettle was on and Dawn was making us a lovely cuppa. We felt at home right from the start. The rooms were lovely and clean and beds were very comfortable. Our reason for staying in Blackpool was for my Daughter's first ice skating competition for which both Steve and Dawn showed so much interest. The breakfast was second to none and cooked to perfection. Thank you so much Dawn and Steve for making us all feel so welcome. See you again next year for the next competition if not before. Whenever we are in Blackpool would not contemplate staying anywhere else.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed March 6, 2014

we stooped here for 4 days in feb 2013, steve and dawn were excellent and all you had to do was ask,good transport link,bus and tram stop 50 yards away,very clean accommodation and the breakfast was cooked fresh and excellent,definately go back again,i was a bit worried cause I was treating my parents and have had bad experiences of blackpool,but I needn't have worried

Room Tip: all rooms are good and clean
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Niel W
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The MERGINN is simply the best! – This is why we have been back 7 times!

We have nothing but the highest respect and praise for Steve and Dawn!

As with previous visits to the MERGINN, the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms as well as the place itself, the quality and variety of breakfast, along with the attention, the friendliness and treatment shown and given by Steve and Dawn make the holiday memorable for all the right reasons!

To Steve – as always, you are the brightest illumination in Blackpool, your friendliness, helpfulness; information giving and attention to detail allowed us to do what we set out to do – have a really good stress free holiday.
To Dawn – Many, many thanks for the kind help, as well as the care and consideration you gave to us regarding the personal crisis we suffered two hours prior to our arrival! Fortunately with your help we were able to enjoy our holiday.

Once again, to both of you, thank you for yet another brilliant holiday in Blackpool…………………………………………………We will return!

Diane & Ian
West Yorkshire

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shayman-Dylan
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I'm here at The Merginn, sat in my lovely warm room. I was greeted by Steve when I arrived, and like the last time, he made me a warm drink and we sat down and had a good long chat with himself and his lovely wife Dawn. This is the best budget accommodation that money can buy, it's cheap and cheerful, as well as being, clean, friendly, warm, and homely. I'm into my 2nd of 5 days now, and nothing at all has been too much trouble. I'm here as a solo traveler having a carer respite break, and I feel very very welcome. I certainly recommend The Merginn and would/will certainly come again. Keep up the good work Dawn & Steve.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2013

exelent hosts made us very welcome good food good rooms we stayed there for three nights steve and dawn even acknowleged our sons birthday and gave him a card definetly would return and stay there again mark jannete & stevie boy

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family