The Merginn
Maples Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsb broom was cleanhome from homehis partnerlovely hostsblackpool illuminationsmany thanksnorth shoreeach morninglocation is idealguest housetrams and buseskeep up the good workboth morningscouple of nightswarm welcomea great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2013

lovely comfy rooms in a nice area. The owners were great with the children made us feel very welcome- we travelled from ireland and forgot to change money and they even offered to help us out there if we were stuck- breakfast was top notch and went down a treat- i was not expecting this place to be as nice as it was because the price was so reasonable but it was excellent value, lovely fluffy towels supplied daily to a nice clean warm room- would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank clairesunkist
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Visited for one-night stay on may bank holiday. Booked at the last minute so didn't have the highest expectations regardless!
Steve and dawn were very welcoming from the moment we arrived. As me and my partner were only there for a quick break we didn't need much information- but it's clear to see they'd be happy to oblige if need be.
We were given a room with a double bed and a single. At a rate of £33.99 we thought it was really cheap. Breakfast was an extra £5 each, but we are veggie so opted out and went out locally instead. The room was really big, and the bathroom too. Bedding was clean, with fresh towels. my other half made me sleep next to the wall as it was dirty down the side of the bed. The bathroom floor was also a little dirty (that's just something I'm fussy about).

There is on- street parking but as the street is lined with b&b's we lost our space later in the day. But is secure parking available though at no extra cost.
The sea is only a couple of minutes walk away and the town centre just a short walk too. It's nice being away from the hustle and bustle- especially on the bank holiday as there were lots of groups of stags and hens around!

All in all a good value little place and would certainly use again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nats23
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My partner stayed here for 8 days and I came to visit him for a one night stay. The room was very clean and comfortable and great value for money. Dawn and Steve were lovely hosts and very welcoming and friendly. I would recommend a stay here to any of my friends and readers of this review. Thanks again Dawn and Steve.
Michelle and Gary.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank michellesooty
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Was made to feel welcome from the moment I stepped in the door.

Nice clean, warm room. Steve and Dawn were great throughout.
Lovely fresh cooked hot breakfast.

Very reasonable room prices too, I can spend more on a night out than what it cost for a four night stay here.

Beach is almost at the front door, and shops just around the corner.

Won't hesitate to go back and recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank diskmandave
Reviewed May 2, 2013

From the moment I arrived I felt very welcomed, Steve & Dawn went out of their way to be helpful and the coffee I received after my train journey was much appreciated, it's situated about 15 minutes walk from the town centre in the quieter North Shore so you get the best of both worlds, nothing seemed too much for Steve & Dawn and this continued through out my 16 day stay, the room was lovely and clean and i felt at home there, the breakfast was excellent, I could not have asked for a better stay at a hotel, and will certainly be going there again with no hesitation,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo