See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 1, 2016

I had the misfortune to stay at this disgrace of a B&B last year with family and friends, and I can safely say it's the worst accommodation I've experienced anywhere before.

When we were let in, we were met with the overwhelming stench of wet dog! Once we'd paid cash, as the credit card machine was broken, we were escorted to our room up two flights of narrow and dirty stairs. There were electrical wires hanging from cupboards on the way up the stairs.

Once we got in the room it smelt damp, and none of the bedding had been provided for the bunk bed we requested for our daughter. We requested this to be told it would be brought up later

The room was dirty as were the windows, and the window did not close properly. The Kettle was in a dangerous place near the TV and had not been Portable Appliance Tested for some time, approximately 6 months out of date. I checked the other devices and found these to be similarly out of date. The bedding and room both looked like they'd not been changed since the last occupant.

I would have left there and then, but we'd already paid in full and it would have been tricky to get suitable accommodation at short notice elsewhere.

We had a two night stay and on neither night would my wife sleep under the covers as she was very unhappy with the cleanliness of the room.

On a positive note the Breakfasts were pleasant, but the rude language and tone used by the landlady were intimidating to the children present.

The one thing in its favour is its central location to the sea front and entertainment.

But sadly this is not enough to make me stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Tyrone M
Reviewed October 21, 2015 via mobile

I have to echo the last few reviews I'm afraid. This was the worst place I've ever stayed! At the time of booking TA reviews were good & their own website made the place sound good, price was around midrange, not the cheapest but not luxury. We only wanted a weekend in Blackpool to see the illuminations before going on to a caravan holiday on the Monday so the Tam O'Shanter seemed to fill the bill. I think we must have been there on the same weekend as the previous reviewer.
I started to get worried in the week before when I tried all week to ring B&B to let them know our approximate arrival time as it's quite a long journey from Kent. No reply all week & no reply to my email direct to their website. After looking at more recent reviews I said to my husband that I thought maybe it had changed owners & the new owners didn't have access to website? I think I was right with this as it has changed owners although all the info in the room was about its previous existence, and it still sounded lovely!
The owner, Tricia finally rang me on the Friday evening to find out what time we were arriving - I said approx 3.30 and she said that her husband might be there to let us in. She said they had changed telephone number so I asked for a contact number and she gave me her husbands mobile number. Well thank goodness she did because when we arrived at 3.30 there was no one there, place was all locked up & looked dreadful on the outside. There was a note taped to the door giving a mobile number to ring so someone could let us in but no reply, what a welcome after a long journey! Luckily I had the other number so rang that & she finally arrived to let us in. It was just as described in previous recent reviews, dirty & stale smelling. She just showed us straight up the grubby stairs to our 'king size ensuite' room with tv & refreshment facilities. OMG I've never seen anything like it! As previously stated, whole place was filthy, Windows disgusting, certainly wouldn't use the kettle or the one dirty mug although the water wasn't suitable for drinking, not the owners fault but I think they could have supplied an initial small bottle of water. As it was she didn't even tell us, luckily I had brought my own. The bedding seemed clean enough or I would not have stayed & the shower worked well although it wasn't clean and did have the rusty nail on the floor to avoid! Such a very tiny bathroom though. Also the same view over the disgusting back yard.
The owner just let us in, took our money - cash only- and I had to tell her how much the balance as she tried to charge me an extra £20 & then said breakfast was at 9.30 and left.
The advertised lounge bar area was locked until opened for breakfast in the morning & locked again after we were hurried out after finishing breakfast.
It's a shame because it's in a great location & there were some nice looking b&bs nearby but I think it's just easy money to them because they obviously don't put anything in to the place or do any work on it, it's probably not even been cleaned since the previous owners left if the summer seasons cigarette butts outside are any indicator!
I was very glad to leave & get to my nice cosy caravan in Fleetwood on the Monday. It was my first visit to Blackpool & at first it put me off but on the whole i liked it. Will stay somewhere else next time though!

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingnankent
Reviewed September 14, 2015 via mobile

Booked for a long weekend and left a day early, arrived on the Friday afternoon to be greeted by the owner in her pyjamas. Showed us to our room but that was all, didn't get shown where the toilet or shower room was. The room was dirty and the B&B smelt of alcohol and cigarettes. We didn't have any towels in our room and the bottom of the kettle was black!! We were woken up on the first night by the owners arguing at 2am in the morning and could here nothing but swearing. Wouldn't advise families to book this B&B as its totally inappropriate for kids to be around. The shower was absolutely disgusting and was turned off from someone half way through taking a shower. The toilet roll wasn't replaced so we had 2 days with no toilet roll. Very bad experience and would definitely not be back to this B&B.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Chloe1523
Reviewed September 8, 2015

I booked this place for a weekend away celebrating an anniversary. Plus paid more for a ensuite, I booked it mainly for the price that they were offering that was great. I did not get the best of welcomes and when I entered room "3" the bathroom was grubby and had a black film over it, and also the toilet roll was non exsistance.
Breakfast was okay, but was covered in grease and the cereal looked past it cell by.
The location was fantastic and if this place just got refurbished I would come back again!

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Leany04
Reviewed September 3, 2015

Stayed the weekend with my partner. walked through front door smelt like stale fags with dust and hairs all up the stairs. the room was ok but the bathroom it had mould all over floor and shower. i fetched my own bed good job i did as there was hairs on the sheet with stains.Puuting my own bedding on i took the pillows out and the pillows was stained yellow the lamps were broken and the window had mould round the frame. we had no towels when we arrived so good job i fetched my own. put it this way i wouldnt visit again room number 3

Room Tip: Don't book there book next door
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple