See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 15, 2015

My friend and I planned a few days in blackpool as a quick get-away. After finding this b&b online, we were impressed with the cost of the 2 night stay in a prime city centre location.

On arrival, we were early but polite enough to ask to drop our bags while we headed into town. We had no expectation of the room being ready at 11am when check in was at 2.30pm but were rudely "welcomed" into the b&b. I feel we were stereotyped s young party girls as we stepped in the door (truth is we were bedded by 11pm both nights!!). As mentioned, we only wanted to drop our bags so we didnt have to lug them around the city. Never the less, she changed our sheets and let us be.

We stayed in the kingsize double room with en-suite and thank god we never booked the shared facilities option as originally planned, to cut costs. The room was grubby. Our clean sheets had yellow stains, the surfaces were dusty, the kettle was rank, the bathroom was dirty, the room and general entire b&b had an musty/smokey/weedy smell and top it off, poking out of the floor of the bathroom was a rusty nail, used to keep the bathroom door from hitting the shower. Now I know we went to blackpool and booked a cheap b&b on the fly, but a bit of tlc on the room wouldn't go a miss. I get the impression the owners want the business without any hard work.

There's no wifi.

Both nights we slept very comfortably in the stained sheets (!) and generally the building was very quite. Our room was located at the back of the building so we didn't have an issue with noise from the prom. However, we did have a view of their "back garden" (more of a walled in alley way) which was covered in their gorgeous dog's poo! Nice.

The shower was fab and the water hot, however, we were not provided with any towels and were scared to ask due to the unwelcomed feeling. Our toilet roll was not topped up either and our two half rolls didn't last the duration of the stay so we had to pinch some from the place we went for dinner. Currently, there is an issue with the local water supply in Blackpool and everyone has been advised not to use water from the tap for eating/drinking/washing hand and teeth due to the contamination. WE WERE NOT TOLD THIS BY THE OWNERS. We were only informed by a friend who we met with who lives in the city. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL & RISKY.

Finally, my only other issue with the place is that you can hear EVERYTHING- arguing families to hearing next door having their morning cardio in the shower behind me while I emptied my bladder!!!!!!!

Other than that, the b&b is in a prime location and the owner cooks a mean breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2015

Stayed here last week in July, 2015. No problems and will return. Owner lovely and chatty and very pleasant to be around. The cost for stay is exceptional, the location is a few minutes from the promenade and Central Pier. While we have always been lucky with car parking - it is luck to get a free space on Coop Street but don't worry as there is a number of paid car parks nearby, and other streets where you may find a free space.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank runewarden
Reviewed August 4, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here last month as definatley gone down since I was last there Emma was welcoming couldn't of asked for a better host the new owner as no manners and definatley needs a course in dealing with customers and cleaning of the B and B . My room had been double booked and when

I told I wasn't happy and wanted some money back she kicked off there was an argument and she threatened to kick us out and all the way through she blamed Emma you can only use Emma as an excuse for so long

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank slscl2003
Reviewed July 26, 2015 via mobile

Came to the b and b this weekend. In general it was an okay place to stay. It was not the Hilton but if you want the Hilton you need to pay. This a generally average budget place. I didn't mind as it was just a place to sleep. Yes, the place does need a good amount of decoration but it sounded like the owners haven't had it long and need to get it up off its feet. Breakfast was okay if on the small side (1 each of bacon, sausage, egg and fried bread, plus beans and tomatoes) but there was cereal available as well. There were some broken pieces of furniture and it would be better if all rooms were en suite but still it was all right. With us, owners were very courteous. There were other guests from the sound of it (who had really blown a booking error at fault from before the current owners time and blown it way out of proportion) who forced the owners to act in another manner but as I said it was an average stay overall.
To the owners, my only recommendations would be for better furniture in the rooms, a slightly bigger breakfast and a bit of a decoration overhaul. Oh and for wifi advertised to actually exist. There was a sign up with a code but we could not find the wifi that it said was there.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
8  Thank mscookiemonster
Reviewed July 20, 2015 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with our children. Really enjoyed our stay here and will return. Stayed in family room with on suit. Family run bnb and the lady was very nice and helpful.
NOTE: very hard to get free parking space so we had to pay £6 for 24 hours at the end of street which was cheaper than some others. Didnt stay for breakfast as we found 3 hairs on our table. But overall we enjoyed our stay great location. Will return next year

Trip type: Traveled with family