“Great stay”

and 1 more site!
The Osprey
Ranked #232 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Dennis and sally were very nice on arrival, great breakfast and very helpful. Excellent service and hospitality! Nice rooms and great location for tower e.c.t parking is available on the first come first served basis but plenty parking across the road

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 14, 2012

we were made to feel very welcome from the moment we stepped on to the door step. the room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. it was just a short walk to blackpool front and the shops which was ideal for us as we did not have a car. we will differently be back again next year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Very welcomed from the start. Shown to the room at advised on the facilities. Great breakfasts and always friendly hosts in Dennis and Sally. An excellent holiday made all the better with our hotel which is close to the centre of Blackpool. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
superden23, Owner at The Osprey, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Hello Tony,
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review on TA.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here at The Osprey whist on holiday last week and found the hotel in centre of all the ammenities. Also very pleased that you had a wonderful weather to enjoy even more.
We hope to see you in the near future and until then take care and give our regards to the family.
Dennis and Sally.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hi, every one I recently stayed at the osprey hotel over the weekend of the allumination switch on for 2012< sally and dennis the hosts were so welcomeing and freiendly, the breakfasts were really nice.the room was nicely decorated and clean, I stayed in room 7 where we had a lovely view of the tower allumninated at night. thank you so much dennis and sally for making our weekend stay so enjoable.
B willaims (cumbria)

Room Tip: ring dennis and sally if u are not able to book online, very helpfull and pleasant
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hello Bena,John and Bryony,
Thank you for staying with us at the Osprey GH on your your recent trip to Blackpool and this review on TA. Yes, it was a great Illumination switch on and we are glad that you enjoyed it very much. We hope to see you you soon and until then wish you all the Best.
Dennis and Sally.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great location, Great value, Great breakfasts, Splendid hosts and basically an all round great place to stay in Blackpool.

We will definitely be back soon for another stay. Many thanks to Dennis & Sally for being such lovely hosts. Also to top it off the weather was very kind to us which made it even better.

Dave & Abi.
From Nottingham.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Dave and Abi,
Thank you for your review on TA and choosing to stay with us at the Osprey GH on your recent visit to Blackpool. We are glad that you found the hotel location perfect and that enjoyed the breakfast very much. We look forward to your next visit in the near future and yes, bring the sunshine with you.
Regards, Dennis and Sally.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I went to Blackpool for my annual trek to the Rebellion Punk festival. After last year’s fiasco of a leaky room and people pulling the fire alarm (for fun) in the early morning hours, I decided to try new accommodations for 2012. So I read the reviews and decided upon the OSPREY to see if I could upscale for the same price of 25 British Pounds a night. The results: success!

Dennis and Sally run a small, family and PUNK friendly B&B. The room was clean, the shower and bathroom sufficient (lots of hot water with good pressure), and the bed was comfortable. In fact, I slept great the whole five nights I was there. One night there was a thunder storm and even with my window open, I slept right through it. I had friends staying in the larger rooms and these quarters were also of good quality and of course much bigger to accommodate more guests per room. My friends were happy, in particular two of them stayed on my recommendation (based on Trip Advisor).

I stayed in a single room at the inn and I will say that Dennis was right when he said it was small. Two people would not fit, but for me it was sufficient. I had everything I needed.

The breakfast was traditional British and filling. You get a full plate with a fried egg, sausage, back-bacon, beans, tomato, a hash brown (the British version, I think), four pieces of toast, tea or coffee, and of course a selection of cereals and juice. I did not ask for anything special, but the hosts are accommodating and I’m assuming special diet needs could be met.

There is a small self service type bar in the front room with some pub table top video games (not gambling machines) and large TV. I was out at the shows most of the time so only used this space in the mornings to finish my coffee and chat with other guests about the bands we saw. Several times during my stay I would nip back to the Osprey for a nap so I would not crash and burn for the headline bands.

One of my main “must haves” is wi-fi. I travel with an iPAD and this is my main way of keeping in touch with family and work as I’m coming in from overseas. The wi-fi router was sharing space with other appliances for plug space and a few mornings and late evenings it was unplugged and no service was available. Otherwise, the signal was always strong and a few times I even streamed NetFlix.

Getting there was pretty easy. I flew into Manchester and then took the direct train to Blackpool and walked to the inn (10 minutes). Map it out on MapQuest in advance so you don’t get lost. There is a service that requires you to change trains, but I thought the direct was better, and I arrived in time to catch it as it was leaving.

If your destination is the Winter Gardens (concert venue for Rebellion and other large events) then the Osprey is about a seven minute walk. Just up the road is a laundrette which came in handy as I was living out of a carry on based on too many times that my checked bags have been lost in the UK.

I booked my accommodations by contacting the Osprey directly. Dennis replied within hours and I had my room reserved and deposit paid.

So, if you are looking for a nice and comfortable, well run, and well kept B&B for Blackpool, you really can’t go wrong with the Osprey.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gwijie
superden23, Owner at The Osprey, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Hi David,

thank you for choosing to stay with us after your previous experience in Blackpool last year and we are very pleased that you enjoyed it and were comfortable.
we also thank you for your very constructive description of your experience on the hotel and I am sure that many people will find it very useful.
we look forward to seeing you and your friends next year and until then wish you all the best.
regards, Dennis and Sally.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed over night with a group of friends, Dennis and Sally are so friendly and make you feel very welcome. The rooms were nice and clean, and the beds are extremely comfy. Great choice for a night or two in blackpool.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Hi Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TA.
we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Osprey hotel on your recent visit to Blackpool and found it to be clean and comfortable.
we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
regards, Dennis and Sally.