“It Was a Nice Stay and I Slept Great!”
Review of The Osprey

and 1 more site!
The Osprey
Ranked #271 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I went to Blackpool for my annual trek to the Rebellion Punk festival. After last year’s fiasco of a leaky room and people pulling the fire alarm (for fun) in the early morning hours, I decided to try new accommodations for 2012. So I read the reviews and decided upon the OSPREY to see if I could upscale for the same price of 25 British Pounds a night. The results: success!

Dennis and Sally run a small, family and PUNK friendly B&B. The room was clean, the shower and bathroom sufficient (lots of hot water with good pressure), and the bed was comfortable. In fact, I slept great the whole five nights I was there. One night there was a thunder storm and even with my window open, I slept right through it. I had friends staying in the larger rooms and these quarters were also of good quality and of course much bigger to accommodate more guests per room. My friends were happy, in particular two of them stayed on my recommendation (based on Trip Advisor).

I stayed in a single room at the inn and I will say that Dennis was right when he said it was small. Two people would not fit, but for me it was sufficient. I had everything I needed.

The breakfast was traditional British and filling. You get a full plate with a fried egg, sausage, back-bacon, beans, tomato, a hash brown (the British version, I think), four pieces of toast, tea or coffee, and of course a selection of cereals and juice. I did not ask for anything special, but the hosts are accommodating and I’m assuming special diet needs could be met.

There is a small self service type bar in the front room with some pub table top video games (not gambling machines) and large TV. I was out at the shows most of the time so only used this space in the mornings to finish my coffee and chat with other guests about the bands we saw. Several times during my stay I would nip back to the Osprey for a nap so I would not crash and burn for the headline bands.

One of my main “must haves” is wi-fi. I travel with an iPAD and this is my main way of keeping in touch with family and work as I’m coming in from overseas. The wi-fi router was sharing space with other appliances for plug space and a few mornings and late evenings it was unplugged and no service was available. Otherwise, the signal was always strong and a few times I even streamed NetFlix.

Getting there was pretty easy. I flew into Manchester and then took the direct train to Blackpool and walked to the inn (10 minutes). Map it out on MapQuest in advance so you don’t get lost. There is a service that requires you to change trains, but I thought the direct was better, and I arrived in time to catch it as it was leaving.

If your destination is the Winter Gardens (concert venue for Rebellion and other large events) then the Osprey is about a seven minute walk. Just up the road is a laundrette which came in handy as I was living out of a carry on based on too many times that my checked bags have been lost in the UK.

I booked my accommodations by contacting the Osprey directly. Dennis replied within hours and I had my room reserved and deposit paid.

So, if you are looking for a nice and comfortable, well run, and well kept B&B for Blackpool, you really can’t go wrong with the Osprey.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gwijie
superden23, Owner at The Osprey, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Hi David,

thank you for choosing to stay with us after your previous experience in Blackpool last year and we are very pleased that you enjoyed it and were comfortable.
we also thank you for your very constructive description of your experience on the hotel and I am sure that many people will find it very useful.
we look forward to seeing you and your friends next year and until then wish you all the best.
regards, Dennis and Sally.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed over night with a group of friends, Dennis and Sally are so friendly and make you feel very welcome. The rooms were nice and clean, and the beds are extremely comfy. Great choice for a night or two in blackpool.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Hi Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TA.
we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Osprey hotel on your recent visit to Blackpool and found it to be clean and comfortable.
we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
regards, Dennis and Sally.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great value for money. nice clean rooms no bad smells. bar prices very reasonable and Dennis and sally are very friendly and really do make you feel welcome. great location near the winter gardens/ and the tower. i would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to everyone. it also has to be said the curry they made us was very nice..

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just stayed 3 nights at the osprey great hospitality very welcoming. We stayed due to a dance competition at the winter gardens. Dennis and sally were very accomodating and did breakfast to suit. The kids loved there stay and dennis and sally were brilliany with them. Defo going back.see you soon
Brett&Claire

• Stayed: June 2012
superden23, Owner at The Osprey, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

hello Brett, Claire and the kids,
thank you for taking time out to post your review on TA.
we are glad that you and the kids enjoyed your stay with us at the Osprey hotel.
it was our pleasure to look after you for the children's dancing competition at the Winter Gardens.
give our regards to rest of the party and see you all in November.
best wishes Dennis and Sally.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Excellent value for the money with prompt and courteous attention from my intital telephone contact to the end of my stay.
Dennis and his wife were warm and friendly hosts, anxious to please throughout my stay.
It is an ideal spot, being clost enough to talk comfortably to the main shops or promenade and yet far enough away to ensure a quiet nights sleep.
Being able to park off the road was an addedd bonus.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Hello Tony.
Thank you for your recent stay here at the Osprey hotel during your conference at the Winter Gardens. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for posting this constructive review on TA.
We wish you all the Best and hope to see you again ext year for your annual conference.
Regards, Dennis and Sally.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Another exceptional stay in this 1st class traditional hotel.I brought my dad for a short break of
3x nights from 21st June to the 23rd June.We stayed in room 8, which is a twin double.As
usual Dennis made us really welcome as he does with everyone,young or old!Sally again did a
1st class breakfast each morning and nothing was too much trouble.This is our 3rd visit in
18months and we"ll certainly be back again soon.Well done! and Thankyou. Brian & Derek from
Wakefield.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

hello Brian and Derek,
Thank you for taking the time out to put on review on TA.
Again, it was a pleasure to welcome you and Derek at the Osprey hotel during your recent visit to Blackpool. We are glad that you both enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the near future.
Until then take care and best wishes from Dennis and Sally.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

1st class service in this traditional Blackpool hotel.

If you stay in Osprey hotel you will meet some very nice people who truly are interested in your comfort and pleasure in your stay at their hotel.

1st class service,
Thank you very much Dennis & Sally for making our stay in Blackpool lovely.

Jørgen and Grete

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

hello Jorgen and Grete from Norway.
It's nice to hear from you and thank you for posting this review on TA. It was our pleasure to look after you when you were here for your dancing competition in May at the Winter Gardens.
We wish you all the best in your future competitions and hope to see you again next year.
Regards Dennis and Sally.