“Superb”

The Hornby Villa
Ranked #39 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Just back from a 4 night stay (literally 2 hours ago!) and felt I had to write a quick review.
We've been to Blackpool a few times and can honestly say we've never stayed in a better hotel. We were in Room 4 and it was huge and spotlessly clean. The fridge was a fantastic touch as was the freeview tele. Meals were excellent, even for someone as fussy as myself. It was no problem for David and Gill to change the menu for me. Breakfasts were fab too.
Will definitely be back (Robbie didnt want to leave!) and wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Hornby Villa Hotel to anyone. I can only think the review posted earlier this week was put in against the wrong place as there is definitely no wallpaper hanging off in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Bigseve

Reviewed October 16, 2009

Lovely hotel, extremely fresh and clean rooms.
Hosts were outstanding and Gilly's breakfasts are second to none.
Bar facilities available.
Private parking if booked in advance.
Very reasonable priced and many deals available.
All in all this was an excellent stay with friendly hosts whose sole aim is to ensure you enjoy your stay. We will certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Melgoudie
Reviewed October 15, 2009

i stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights and then came a month later with all my family and another family of 5, we were a total of 11 and dave and gill catered for all of us at short notice. this was a very pleasurable stay and will definitely stay there again when i next visit blackpool. it was comfy, clean and the breakfast was 10/10, in fact we would pop back from a fry up if we could!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linsay471
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We visited the hornby villa hotel Blackpool because of the great reviews it had. We found the place to be spotless and Gill and David were very helpful. I had planned on taking my son to Manchester the year before and when I mentioned it to Gill and David they went out their way to help me with buses, times of trains etc. Had it not been for their help my son and I would never have had plucked up the couage to go see Old trafford. We were made very comfortable, plus they have a mini fridge in the room to keep juices cool and [which was very helpful to me as I get very hot sometimes] a stand up fan which I do not know what I would have done without. Plus the usual tea,coffee hair drier clean towels. You couldn't ask for anywhere better to stay. I would definately recommend it. Bel

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank aquariusbel
Reviewed October 15, 2009

everything about this B&B was excellent. our family have stayed here twice now and we will def be goin back. dave and gilly go out of their way to make sure all needs are catered for!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank meganddu
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel 2 years running and both times have really enjoyed it, it's a home from home, you can guarantee that you are well looked after nothing is a bother to the staff and they are very friendly, the rooms are very clean we stayed in a family room and it was ideal for us there was plenty of room. I would go back there year after year.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TheBurnsFamily
Reviewed October 4, 2009

one of our priorities is cleanliness and this hotel was excellent.dave and gilly were great hosts and nothing seemed to be any trouble to them.I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in blackpool wether with family or not . I will book this hotel for my next blackpool adventure probably with the kids this time.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends