“Just perfect!!”

Ranked #193 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Selkirk, United Kingdom
“Just perfect!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My partner and I chose Blackpool as the destination to take the four children we have between us on our first joint holiday together. We arrived at the Bamford House to a warm and friendly welcome from the owner Helen. After checking in she showed us to our rooms, 1 family room for 4 and a twin room. Both rooms were clean and bright, the twin room was the more modern of the two rooms, the decor the family room being just slightly tired, however very clean and comfortable for a family of 4.
Helen gave advice and info on all the local attractions and restaurants, and also offered discount vouchers on some of the attractions we may like to visit.
The children felt very at home in the hotel with the two younger ones often going on their own to find Helen for a chat. They were always ready to tell her about their day as she always remember ed where we had been that day.
Breakfast every morning was a choice of cereal and fresh fruit and fruit juices. The cooked breakfast was delicious freshly cooked every day. Everyday we were offered extra toast, tea and coffee. Eva was an absolute delight each morning and obviously following in Helen's footsteps with her people skills. Nothing was too much ttrouble for either of them.
All in all we could not fault the Bamford House hotel. It made our first joint family holiday together a memorable experience for all the right reasons.
Well done to Helen and her team for all their hard work it really has paid off into a successful family friendly hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Helen M, Owner at Bamford House Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for The Bamford House. It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. We hope you visit Blackpool again very soon and would love to welcome you back to The Bamford House.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Two years have passed since our previous visit to the Bamford House Hotel, Blackpool and we were both pleased to find everything at least as good as last time if not better.
The Bamford House Hotel is an extremely well presented B&B and stands out on the street. Their easy and updated website makes booking very easy, or you can simply pick-up the phone and talk to Helen.
On arrival we were shown a optional local convenient car park in a safe easy spot just around the corner less than a minute away. As we had travelled to visit Blackpool we were both ready for some refreshments on arrival before going to the room. This was available from the bar area which is on the ground floor adjacent to the dining room which we found to be both fresh and spotless. The bar has a wide choice of cold refreshing drinks, Coffees etc, a TV and a great little steam train that runs around the high level track which is a great novelty feature.
The free Wi-Fi was also a bonus as we both like to keep up to date with our networking sites and keep in touch with home.
As on our previous stay the room although different, was light, fresh and very clean. This included the en-suite bathroom which had all that you need for a holiday or break away. The room has tea and coffee making facilities and a TV.
The lovely weather that we have been able to enjoy this summer meant that we were out of the hotel most of the day but it was lovely to meet the other guests and compare stories in the evening whilst having a few drinks in the air conditioned bar.
I was thrilled to see that the fabulous home-cooked breakfast hadn't reduced in size or quality.
The hosts Helen & Rick could not have looked after us any better, many thanks for making our weekend a great weekend to remember.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It was great to welcome you back to the The Bamford. Thank you very much for your lovely comments and taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again very soon.
Co durham , n.e England
Reviewed August 5, 2013

A brilliant exceptionally clean good value for money hotel in a great location !very reasonable charges for room rates , and also on there range of bar foods and drinks , we were made to feel very welcome , Katie had a wonderful time and felt very relaxed and at home . Nothing was too much trouble , more than sufficient towels tea/ coffee items and breakfast was enjoyed by us all . The rooms were decorated in a modern colour scheme and tidied to a brilliant standard by Helen , the en suite bath room was a very good size . We enjoyed our stay so much we enquired if we could add an additional night to our stay an Helen was very helpful and sorted that out for us with no problem at all and she arranged our parking on arrival with was much easier for us . All together a very enjoyable stay had by us all , we felt very welcome and had many conversations on a night with rick and Helen in the bar and looking forward to returning next year for another visit . Well done Helen , rick and family your hotel is a lovely family run business x

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Helen M, Owner at Bamford House Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We are delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Bamford House, your comments are much appreciated.
CRAIGAVON
Reviewed August 3, 2013

me my fiance & son had the worst experience ever at bamford house hotel blackpool. we were booked for 5 nights but checked out after 2 as we have never come across a hostess (helen) as unwelcoming & rude. yes its clean enough although our room was definitely in need of a makeover but the hostess would do well 2 spend more time on her people skills rather than cleaning.....dont think ive ever seen anyone turn from pleasant enough to down right nasty as quickly as what I experienced at this establishment...it borders on disturbing. firstly when we arrived on the evening of our stay we asked about ordering food which it stated they did do but we were advised by the host to go to his recommended fish & chip shop as they only served sandwiches. now rick was fine with us & he wasn't rude but we were made to feel like had we ordered food we would be putting them out. at breakfast we were given 2 slices of toast between the 3 of us on both mornings. the pure orange juice was warm & you only got 1 glass as they only quarter filled the jug each time which meant you had to ask for more. the final straw was on the second morning. we had joined my family at a nearby hotel the night before and got home a bit late. I fell asleep with my make-up on & it had rubbed onto the sheets so after breakfast I approached helen at the bar and explained & apologised well.....she flipped, she said- you got make-up on my pristine linen sheets? if I change the sheets will it happen again? I have my pristine linen sheets and then I have my other not so good sheets that I use for residents who use FAKE TAN, MAKE-UP ETC and for those who have BLEEDING & FLAKING SKIN CONDITIONS (now isn't that a lovely thing to say and a nice way to speak to a PAYING guest) this was said to me in a tone a headmistress would use on a pupil. there was a lot more said and by pure coincidence or luck as I now believe the conversation ended up being recorded on my phone so as soon as I figure out how I will upload it somewhere with a complete review, its an eye opener - it is in the publics interest after all. you to could end up paying this hotel for a service they claim to provide & does not. so needless to say we left our son with family & they sorted us with another hotel as we had travelled with 35 other people. we returned to check out. helen never asked why we were leaving off course she did already know but she made no attempt 2 resolve anything or offer me an apology. in fact while avoiding any eye contact with me she was very happy we were leaving. we are not difficult people & easily pleased so all of this was because of make-up on her pristine linen (THERES MORE TO LIFE) you would also need to invest in a bed to match your linen as the mattress topper does not hide the used old disgusting mattress underneath. all in all I would describe the place as having potential with a different owner. helen dominates the mood and that was never a good one. the small street its situated on is quite nice and it is close enough to central pier but the surrounding area is dodgy at night. im sure helen has the refund were owed in the post.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank NUALA236
In response to your recent review I appreciate you admitting that it was you who soiled the hotels bed linen. You and your partner were happy to settle the bill and left without giving any indication of being dissatisfied with your stay therefore I took it your reasons for leaving early were personal, private or sensitive. We regret you did not enjoy your stay at The Bamford House.
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

An enjoyable 3 night stay was had at Bamford House Hotel. The owner was very polite and helpful, breakfast was good and the room was thoroughly cleaned. I would highly recommend this hotel. Thanks for an enjoyable stay :)

• Stayed July 2013
Helen M, Owner at Bamford House Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of The Bamford House. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My uncle, sister and my mum and I have stayed at this hotel every year for roughly six years now. We go every September weekend and always look forward to our stay. Helen and rick have always been great with us and rooms and hotel are exceptionally clean. The hotel's location is great too as it is close to everything. Rooms are spacious and the service we receive is brilliant. Breakfast is also great and nothing's ever too much trouble for the staff. My uncle who is 80 also loves this hotel and we refuse to stay anywhere else. I always look forward to coming and we can't wait till September!

• Stayed September 2012
Helen M, Owner at Bamford House Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hi Lara, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you and your family every September to The Bamford House.
Brighton
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at the Bamford House this week and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room we stayed in was very contemporary and a good size for the price we paid. Additionally the cleanliness of the room was an extremely high standard. The attention to detail was clear from the finishing touches such as the crisp white bed linen, fluffy towels and co-ordinating cushions and curtains. The owners were really welcoming, friendly and only too happy to go the extra mile when we had stupidly forgotten to bring our shower gel and provide us with some free of charge. We had a cooked breakfast on the first morning and my fiancé was very impressed with the size and quality of ingredients provided - he especially enjoyed his sausage. On the morning of our departure we only wanted a light breakfast and the staff were only too happy to prepare scrambled eggs and poached eggs on toast especially for us. Obviously nothing was too much trouble and we would definitely stay here again. Thank you so much Helen and Rick for being so inviting and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Helen M, Owner at Bamford House Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Bamford House and we are delighted your enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to welcome you back again very soon.