“Great fun not worth the money”

Sandcastle Waterpark
Ranked #14 of 85 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandcastle Waterpark, in Blackpool, is the UK’s largest indoor waterpark, with 18 slides and attractions, open year round and fun for all the family. Amongst the slides and attractions are Master Blaster - the longest indoor Roller Coaster waterslide in the world, Sidewinder, Aztec Falls, Montazooma, Thunderfalls family slides and more!
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

When we went it was 14.99 to get in for adults which we though ok that's alright then we found out it's an extra £6 for wristbands for the slides and an extra £3 for spa wouldn't say it's a cheap day seen as it's a waterpark.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Brilliant day out ..there is lots to do for everyone .there is a charge for some rides once your in !! I got to wrist bands for the boys .. u really need to get these for older children!! .. I took some lunch and drinks as I know the boys wont leave.. in fact we were in their 5 and half hours!! ha ha .. they just love it x

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Our Visit to the Sandcastle!
On Thursday 24th of April my granddad and I went to the sandcastle. When we arrived at 10 o’clock we went in, and I gave the mascot a high five! Then we went into the changing rooms, got changed and went into the waterpark.
First we went on the ‘ toilet’ ( Montezuma's Revenge) ride which I was first on. I like the toilet because it was pitch black which was really scary and I liked going down backwards through the toilet hole! I also liked it when I went down the really steep hill with my eyes closed.
The second ride we went on was the sidewinder which was really fun! I went down three times on a double ring forward, and there wasn't a big queue which was very good. Then I went down on a single forwards , and after that I went down backwards on a double and I screamed when I went down because I felt like I was flying! Granddad didn't scream though. These were my favourite rides.
I also went on the masterblaster which was great fun. I liked the bit at the end when I went backwards down the big hill, and water splashed all over me! As well as all that we went on the blue and yellow slides, green and red slides and in the wave pool. The blue and yellow slides were fun but they were busier because it was late in the morning about 11:30.
The green and red slides were quite exiting because I went fast with my eyes closed and I made a big splash at the end. I liked the big waves in the wave pool and I went up and down in the pool.
We went to the family changing rooms and we had a shower which was nice and hot. We got our clothes from the lockers which was no problem, got changed and went home.
I love going to the Sandcastle and I come here every time I come to stay at my Grandma and Grandads. Usually my brother Henry comes as well, but he went back to school before me.
Lily Smith. Age 8.
Lily as usual was most impressed. We found our visit a great experience, and very well staffed. The changing facilities were clean spacious and well equipped. Our only disappointment was that the Master Blaster didn’t open until 1100hrs. It’s a pity Henry wasn’t with us,as they always enjoy their fun together. Grandad.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We've been going to this waterpark every easter break. No need to worry about the weather as it is indoors. Tesco clubcard voucher can be used here which is the added bonus. There is a small restaurant inside and the food price is reasonable. Big shower/changing rooms one for ladies, one for men and one for families. Locker rooms for your stuff but don't worry about the coin as the receptionist will remind you or offer change if you don't have one. Plenty of waterslides for all ages. Just an advice. Go as early as you can, preferably as soon as they open, to avoid long queue. That way you can try all the slides without queuing for a long time as it really gets busy especially on school breaks. All in all a good way to spend the day with the kids. My 6-yr old especially likes the "wave" in the big pool.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The price was advertised at £14.50 for an adult but you have to pay £5 to use the water slides. Everything is very clean and we had good fun but I feel they should charge £15 for the lot instead of hiding a £5 fee to use the bl**dy waterslides!