“Very overcrowded and overpriced.”

Sandcastle Waterpark
Ranked #13 of 79 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandcastle Waterpark, in Blackpool, is the UK’s largest indoor waterpark, with 18 slides and attractions, open year round and fun for all the family. Amongst the slides and attractions are Master Blaster - the longest indoor Roller Coaster waterslide in the world, Sidewinder, Aztec Falls, Montazooma, Thunderfalls family slides and more!
Darlington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very overcrowded and overpriced.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We went as a family of 7 in half term.

Firstly it was very expensive to get in, £13.50 per adult and £45 for a family of 4. Also the entrance price only includes the basic rides and you have to pay an additional fee to use the bigger rides.

WI couldn't believe how many people there were, you had to queue for ages to do anything and couldn't move in the pools!

Couldn't recommend for the price and I wouldn't return.

• Polish first
north wales
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is my second time at the sandcastle. This time without children so just adults time. We used the spa which was nice to gives us a great from the rides. This time I got to go on all af the rides which was brilliant. I left the head first ride till last which is a shame as its brilliant! well worth the money and I would book online as you get priority access so don't have to hardly queue and you also get a 10% discount too :) cant waiti to go again

4 Thank mm09NorthWales
Manchester, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Over Crowded and Very Noisy!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My family and I visited Sandcastle on a Sunday - which we expected to be busy - we were not disappointed! Queues everywhere. Also we had with us 5 month old twins, we had been told there was a baby pool area - not true! We were told to just sit on the side of one of the pools with the babies, whilst older children were rushing past frightening them - and us! The food was extremely average, and although we were told you cannot bring your own food in, we saw plenty of families who had brought their own food in. The noise levels were horrendous. My son in law and grandson did enjoy the rides so at least two of our party were ok! I certainly wouldn't bother going again.

wallasey
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“not all of the facilities used by everybody”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went to the sandcastle as it was open for one week during the half term holidays. When we arrived there was a queue of several hundred people but fortunately my son had booked tickets over the internet and we were able to walk past the queue to the internet desk where there were two families ahead of us.We all had a great time the facilities were good and the café was excellent quality. Unfortunately one facility that was under used seems to be the toilets .Although the place was packed on both occasions I went to the gents I was the only one there which may be why by the time we were leaving at about 2pm the water was so cloudy you could not see the bottom of the pool at a depth of 2 feet For this reason I don't think we will be going again

1 Thank al-and-norma
Winchester, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great waterpark visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great fun. If I were younger I would like to have gone on the more exciting flumes but at 80 and with heart problems I have to take care.

1 Thank Hantsnat