“Too Busy”

Sandcastle Waterpark
Ranked #14 of 83 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandcastle Waterpark, in Blackpool, is the UK’s largest indoor waterpark, with 18 slides and attractions, open year round and fun for all the family. Amongst the slides and attractions are Master Blaster - the longest indoor Roller Coaster waterslide in the world, Sidewinder, Aztec Falls, Montazooma, Thunderfalls family slides and more!
Reviewed April 30, 2013

was way too busy queues for slides were way too long they should only let a certain number of people in so you can enoy yourself for the money you pay,we were just falling over people because it was too overcrowded,wont be going again.

There are newer reviews for Sandcastle Waterpark

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Was really surprised on arriving here, as a disabled visitor, I did not plan to swim but boy I wish I had, lower ground is made for the disabled visitor, easy access and plenty to do, well covered by lifeguards, because I didn't swim I was taken into the viewing area by a very kind member of staff, who made sure I was looked after and staff made aware I was there and may need help, there is plenty to do for the able bodied and great fun, cannot fault anything except cheaper sandwich bar was not open due to it being a quiet day, if you have forgotten anything, including swimwear, shop covers it plus childrens swimming aids, a really good time there was enjoyed by my Family, thank you all.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

our 5year old daughter loved it, we had trouble getting her out! being six months pregnant meant I couldnt go on anything but seeing her face was more than enough! staff couldnt do enough for us, were helpful, friendly and keen. the food inside the waterpark wasnt over priced, average takeaway price id say. definatly an enjoyable day out for families. people who moan about price need to realise nothing is free, never mind the water, heating, electric bills etc that place have, think of the lifeguards that dont take a seconds thought in getting into the water to save your lives when your out of uour depth, they need paying too!! nothing these days is free and I know id rather pay a little extra and have a good day out :) x

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We paid £27 for me & my husband to take our 2 year old in but when we got in we could only take her on 2 slides! There was a couple of ones she could go on herself but she was a bit nervous going on alone so she didn't use them. The 2 pools weren't anything to write home about and the only saving grace is that after reading reviews on here about how busy it can get, we decided to go on a week day so it wasn't busy - I cant imagine it would be unbearable with loads of screaming kids.

Not somewhere we'll bother visiting again!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went with my partner and 2 step daughters 11 and 4 years old for the youngest's birthday. I loved it and paid another £6 for wristbands for the fast water slides. Well worth it!!! there are 4 fast water slides that are ace. One is in pitch black darkness and is quite scary first time as it is quite quick and you will get hurt if you come off it. But well worth it We must have gone on each 15 times. Queues were a bit long as the day went on but if you like adrenaline rides you will love the sand castle. My mrs didnt love it quite so much as she was with the 4 year old all day so she ended up in the bar. But our 11 year old loved it, as did I. Food was very expensive as were the drinks but I'm going back for sure. 9/10