The Greenmount Hotel
Lyndene Hotel(Blackpool)
Alumhurst Hotel(Blackpool)
Ruskin Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfour poster bedpac manstay there againpool tablecooked breakfastmonday to fridaychoice of cerealsbar areamy partnercouldn't do enoughlovely hotelnext yearfantastic staypleasure beachsea frontweekendensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Been to this hotel many times now room was clean and fresh staff are wonderful and attentive breakfast is very good please dont take much notice of the bad reviews try it for yourself . I would ask where can you get bed and breakfast for £24.00 so close to all the ameneties this B&B does claim to be a 5* B&B it is a 3* if you want 5* then pay for 5* we have stayed in many rooms over the years and all have been very nice what i can say is when your their the owners treat you like old friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

will not be returning here, Stopped for 4 nights,the dining room was freezing, noticed that during breakfast there was jars of peanut butter and marmite that was out of date Oct 2012 ,one of our children was given a fruit shoot twice that was out of date, the butter had gone off and the milk cartons had curdled in the room,makes you wonder what else is wrong with the food, when we got here we were told that it was £85 on the phone then he charged us £90 ! We booked two seperate rooms and were told that one of the rooms was in the other hotel , only a 30 second walk away. But wat a difference the other hotel was, the room had just been painted and the smell was really strong there was paint all over the floor and dust on everything, I couldn't put my clothes in the drawers they were filthy, the room was tiny! And the bathroom I had to clean the toilet seat, there was loads of grubby soot or dust on the toilet, the threshold on the door had popped up and we couldn't shut the door, I did go down and tell him and he wasn't too happy, but it was all sorted on my return,except the bathroom, I asked if I could stay in the same hotel as my friends and he said yes, so why he didn't put me there in the first place??? I moved immediately, the bedroom was a little better,but torn dirty bedding ,the pool room was not open, only on a night when the bar was open, 6 pm till 11pm!!! And not on a Sunday!! we spent one night in the bar it was absolutely freezing in there, we decided to take the dog for a quick walk, when we came back 10 minutes later at 9pm the bar was shut !! and no one in site , there was no owners in the hotel we were alone! very disappionted but the waiter was lovely and the guy behind the bar was lovely. never again!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for the second time for our 3 years anniversary, Nick (the owner) immediately recognised us from our previous stay and upgraded our double room to a double room with a lovely 4 poster bed, this was the start of an amazing weeks holiday, The full continental and cooked breakfast every morning was great if not slighly straining on my waistband haha! Nick was very helpful recommending sites to visit and places to eat nearby, we paid £230 for sunday to friday which was another added bonus, just round the corner from central promenade it is an ideal location ,in the evenings after busy days visitng the site we went to the bar in the hotel and were joined by nick and his partner aswell as other guests it was a very welcoming stay and i hope to get back to the greenmount asap, hopemto see the guys T the greenmount this year or next

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My daughter and i recently stayed here.and we had a wonderful time the hitel is small but do cosy.its spotless clean and the staff were the kindest people ever.we had breakfast every morning and we had a selection of cereals and fruit and followed by a full english which was lovely.ide highly recommend here for value for money.we looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank nickibo
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here as a large party booking two double rooms and two family rooms at a total of £240.00. The family rooms were tiny with everything cramed into a double room. The room in which myself and my family stayed was in desperate need of decorating and some heating...yes heating!!! There was no heating in three out of four rooms and yes the owner did try and sort it when we complained but also and i quote said "what do expect for £24pp" erm...well heating as standard i would think!!! And no it wasn't fixed. My husband described the bed as like sleeping on a towel on top of a grate and that brings me onto the brown towels that were stained smelly and hard wouldn't dare to use them. The so called en-suite was very dirty with freezing cold water and in one of the rooms the sink was falling off the wall.
The bar had very limited drinks and what they did have were very expensive. The breakfast was ok but once again served in a freezing cold room.
Would we stay again?? Definately not!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
greenmount2010, Owner at The Greenmount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

I have read your review and to be honest just knew it was cooming. As I explained on the Saturday night the heating was on and the boiler was working at full whack. Unfortunately the pump developed a problem and was not doing its job, hence the hot water was not going to the radiators. By this time it was 9.30pm and we tried calling our regular plumber who was unavailable. However during the night the pump started again, proving that there was a fault with it. this has now been rectified. Some rooms complained that it was cold and we did what we could by getting some electric heaters.

While none of this is ideal we did what we could. As for the rooms, we have decorated most of them this year and I think there are about three left to do. We do not overcharge and at £24.00 per adult in an en suite room with full english I do not feel anybody is being robbed.

We pride ourselves on our three star visit England status and worked hard to achieve this. I feel we offer a lot of extras that you will not find in many B & B's in Blackpool including toiletries, hairdryers, flat screen TV etc.

It is easy to place a bad review, but to be honest you may have got more from talking to us in the morning.