“Home from home”

The Greenmount Hotel
Ranked #636 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Home from home”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My daughter and i recently stayed here.and we had a wonderful time the hitel is small but do cosy.its spotless clean and the staff were the kindest people ever.we had breakfast every morning and we had a selection of cereals and fruit and followed by a full english which was lovely.ide highly recommend here for value for money.we looking forward to going back.

3 Thank nickibo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here as a large party booking two double rooms and two family rooms at a total of £240.00. The family rooms were tiny with everything cramed into a double room. The room in which myself and my family stayed was in desperate need of decorating and some heating...yes heating!!! There was no heating in three out of four rooms and yes the owner did try and sort it when we complained but also and i quote said "what do expect for £24pp" erm...well heating as standard i would think!!! And no it wasn't fixed. My husband described the bed as like sleeping on a towel on top of a grate and that brings me onto the brown towels that were stained smelly and hard wouldn't dare to use them. The so called en-suite was very dirty with freezing cold water and in one of the rooms the sink was falling off the wall.
The bar had very limited drinks and what they did have were very expensive. The breakfast was ok but once again served in a freezing cold room.
Would we stay again?? Definately not!!!

• Stayed November 2012
greenmount2010, Owner at The Greenmount Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I have read your review and to be honest just knew it was cooming. As I explained on the Saturday night the heating was on and the boiler was working at full whack. Unfortunately the pump developed a problem and was not doing its job, hence the hot water was not going to the radiators. By this time it was 9.30pm and we tried calling our regular plumber who was unavailable. However during the night the pump started again, proving that there was a fault with it. this has now been rectified. Some rooms complained that it was cold and we did what we could by getting some electric heaters.

While none of this is ideal we did what we could. As for the rooms, we have decorated most of them this year and I think there are about three left to do. We do not overcharge and at £24.00 per adult in an en suite room with full english I do not feel anybody is being robbed.

We pride ourselves on our three star visit England status and worked hard to achieve this. I feel we offer a lot of extras that you will not find in many B & B's in Blackpool including toiletries, hairdryers, flat screen TV etc.

It is easy to place a bad review, but to be honest you may have got more from talking to us in the morning.

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at the Greenmount for two nights from 2/11/12 'til 4/11/12 with our friends , we had two separate rooms which we found perfectly adequate and well equipped having coffee, tea and all the bathroom needs. The breakfasts were delicious and everything you asked the waiters was no trouble to them, the hotel bar was ideal for us and the other guests mingled nicely and as a matter of fact we came in on the Saturday night having been on a tour of the illuminations quite late to find Nick and several guests in the bar, well it soon got to midnight and it was my 65th birthday and Nick ( the owner) bought drinks all round and we had a great time with him, not to mention in the morning at breakfast he got the entire room which was full to sing happy birthday to me and capped it all by serving my breakfast with lit candles stuck in my sausages !!! All around an excellent stay at a very well run and clean hotel so will be staying again when in Blackpool !!

Room Tip: Room 20 with a four poster bed !!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with my 2 girls only to find there had been a mix up with rooms instead of the family room I had booked I was given a double and a very tiny single hence I had to share with my daughter as did my friend who was also staying , breakfast well !! arrived at 9am to find only 4 seats at our table I politely told the lady there was 5 of us her reply was " I didn't set the tables up " after being ignored for 5 minutes I asked where was I meant to sit I was told there was a chair at another table away from my children at the opposite end of the dinning room, service was terrible breakfast was terrible rooms were tiny in my opinion spend the extra and stay somewhere better !!!

1 Thank Gyw73
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Should point out that this hotel was very cheap,£40.00, b & b for 2.
On arrival, approx., 1400hrs, no-one could be aroused to let us in.After a little while, someone came, there was confusion as to which room we should be.we waited a while ,whilst the gent endeavoured to contact someone whom could tell him, we waited.Nothing was offered, a cup of tea or coffee might have been nice, whilst we were kept waiting.
Eventually ,he led us to a room, tha first room that he tried, had someone in.Then he took us to another room, where we were to stay.Room adequate, but very ,very small.
Breakfast was adequate, but they had this perculiar idea, that everybody should eat at the same time.That in itself didn't really help, as ,there was hardly enough room for everyone to move around.
We were lucky in one way though, area only has on street parking, we fell on our feet, as we parked right outside the front dood.

Room Tip: Ok if you want very cheap, but another time, I would try elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
West Yorkshire
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I am really not snobby at all and i dont want to write a bad review for this hotel cos the owner and staff were lovely.... Heres the but! On our first night we stayed in room 4, and it was a bit grubby and didn't feel clean, my daughters quilt was dirty so we swapped it for the top bunk one which still didn't seem clean but didn't look mucky. We reported a fault with the tv then got offered to swap rooms cos the hotel was empty that night except for us so we did and this room was much better, felt clean and fresh and we slept better in this room.
On a more positive note, the breakfast was fab, were veggie and we got quorn sausage on it which we were verry happy with.
We still had a fab time and we only used the hotel to sleep, shower and have brekkie so we didn't let it ruin our break.

Room Tip: Our second room was room 9 which was much better than room 4.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed her for 2 night really clean but the bathroom smells funny in room 20 and the shower doesn't work the heating was only on the first day not for long and if u wanted a drink from the bar u had to ring a number that was on the door so they would come and serve u. Which I don't fink is good for business. They have dogs which we don't mind you can't smell them at all but some times at night u can hear them barking. The bedding is really nice and clean. We also had breakfast that was nice but we don't get asked what we wanted we just got it put in front of us and if u didn't want it of like it u just had to put it on another plate.. but we didn't pay much so we didn't expect much

• Stayed October 2012