“cheep skates ?????????book somewere else”
Review of The Roker Hotel

The Roker Hotel
Ranked #809 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2013

manager was friendly (a bit slimey actually) but did his best but his English was very poor obviously hadn't been in our country very long he showed us to our rooms not the best iv stayed in but definitley one of the worst , the room was a total miss matched of furniture but I can live without the colour coordination no tv remote but that did not matter because the tv did not work friends tv did not work either ?? , sink was blocked and toiled did not flush urghhh ,coffee stains down the wardrobes manager told us breakfast was between 8am and 8.30 whaaaat !!! who put the fast in breakfast full english brekkie consisted of 1 egg ,1rasher bacon 2 horrible sausages and a few beans cold tea and 5 half slices of toast between two yuk wish I hadn't bothered on our first night it was cold and wet so we decided to go back to the hotel for a drink in the licened bar and a game of pool ha ha ha everything was closed locked up and hotel was in total darkness felt like packing up and going home

Room Tip: go somewere else these cant be bothered
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank barry j

Reviewed October 26, 2013

After reading many of the reviews we were a bit apprehensive,but needn't have been.We found the manager very friendly and upon arival as it wasn't busy he upgraded us to room with a sea view,Without us asking for it which was a bonus. So it's not the poshest of places but what do you expect for the price you pay!!!!! Breakfast was great a choice of cereals,toast,cooked and Tea,coffee,juice or all three what more could you want? If we holiday in Blackpool again the Roker would be our first choice,it's a good honest cheap hotel,if you want more from your holiday Accommodation then pay twice as much for somewhere else!! If you want somewhere cheap just to lay your head at night that will give you a good breakfast to keep you going through the day then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view lovely sunsets,also go onto the Blackpool resort website and book a travel pass a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I know this hotel wasn't expensive, but I thought it would be much nicer than it was. The manager was nice and helpful and polite on arrival but not overly friendly or welcoming.
Our room was very very tatty, all of the furniture was very old, with handles falling off, it all looked like it would have all been picked up at the tip.
There were two wall lights in the room and neither worked. The tv was fixed to the wall which was side-ways on to the bed, so you could barely see the screen from the bed which was the only place to sit.
The bathroom window wouldn't shut. The toilet didn't have a lid. The bathroom door didn't have a handle on the inside, so it couldn't be closed.
Our bed sheet seemed clean but the duvet cover wasn't clean.
The cooked breakfast was average but I wouldn't want to eat it again.

The location was good though, close to the pleasure beach and away from all the noise, with a tram stop right outside. We were allowed to leave our car parked outside after we checked out, but decided not to in case we were blocked in as the parking is just a grid of 12 or so spaces.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeamGlee
Reviewed October 3, 2013

After travelling for such a long time , I found the hotel a little disappointing .
I managed to change My room was from a twin to a double, with no problems at all, I couldn’t find the hotel at first but after phoning they gave me great directions.
The sign for the Hotel was a little misleading , I thought that it was a Italian restaurant , I was looking for the Rooker but when on arrival and double checking the sign to me it looked like Poker.
so I had to park and ask the next door neighbour who informed me that it was the hotel.
Parking for the hotel is very limited but there was room , I imagine in the height of the season not a lot of the paying customers can park in front of the Hotel
The hotel Manager plus porter was very helpful on arrival and checking in
He informed me of the breakfast room and hours that they served.
My room faced the back of the building so if your looking for a sea view then you had no change but for one night it was very adequate ,
It had a TV tea , Coffee facilities and a on suite bathroom containing a shower .
All in all it was clean and pleasant .
Waking in the morning and missing breakfast I got ready to depart , very disappointed the shower never worked ?
So I checked out and left, If I would stay again yes , the location for the pleasure beach is spot on and if I had a choice of rooms I would recommend the front of the hotel for a room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Cheap and cheerful, depends how easily pleased you are. The staff were very friendly and
Helpful and rates are cheap.
Only stopped overnight so expected nothing More as most b&bs in Blackpool are similar. Old fashioned and decor is bad but warm and bedding is clean. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family & I recently stayed at The Roker Hotel for a week. Needless to say, after reading the reviews on here I was deeply worried about what we were going to find once we got there but I needn't have worried. We were made very welcome on arrival. Rooms & beds were clean. Plenty of hot water throughout the day, excellent service from staff, cereal, fruit or cooked breakfast each morning. Yeah you can nit pick at things but like its been said before, its a B&B, a very welcoming one at that & I would encourage anyone to stay there & we will be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

At the end of the day, no disrespect to the place but you are stopping in a bed and breakfast in Blackpool. For the money we paid I have no problem advising people to stay here.

Beds where clean, food really nice, staff friendly, free car park of which unlike other reviews I had no problem in parking in. Room fine, bar brilliant.

All in all a great stay would have stayed longer but ran out of cash lol

Room Tip: We were in room 4 fantastic sea views and as you would imagine of the illuminations too, he didn'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family