“Avoid, unless you're not bothered!”
Review of The Roker Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Roker Hotel
Ranked #805 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I know this hotel wasn't expensive, but I thought it would be much nicer than it was. The manager was nice and helpful and polite on arrival but not overly friendly or welcoming.
Our room was very very tatty, all of the furniture was very old, with handles falling off, it all looked like it would have all been picked up at the tip.
There were two wall lights in the room and neither worked. The tv was fixed to the wall which was side-ways on to the bed, so you could barely see the screen from the bed which was the only place to sit.
The bathroom window wouldn't shut. The toilet didn't have a lid. The bathroom door didn't have a handle on the inside, so it couldn't be closed.
Our bed sheet seemed clean but the duvet cover wasn't clean.
The cooked breakfast was average but I wouldn't want to eat it again.

The location was good though, close to the pleasure beach and away from all the noise, with a tram stop right outside. We were allowed to leave our car parked outside after we checked out, but decided not to in case we were blocked in as the parking is just a grid of 12 or so spaces.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeamGlee
There are newer reviews for The Roker Hotel

Reviewed October 3, 2013

After travelling for such a long time , I found the hotel a little disappointing .
I managed to change My room was from a twin to a double, with no problems at all, I couldn’t find the hotel at first but after phoning they gave me great directions.
The sign for the Hotel was a little misleading , I thought that it was a Italian restaurant , I was looking for the Rooker but when on arrival and double checking the sign to me it looked like Poker.
so I had to park and ask the next door neighbour who informed me that it was the hotel.
Parking for the hotel is very limited but there was room , I imagine in the height of the season not a lot of the paying customers can park in front of the Hotel
The hotel Manager plus porter was very helpful on arrival and checking in
He informed me of the breakfast room and hours that they served.
My room faced the back of the building so if your looking for a sea view then you had no change but for one night it was very adequate ,
It had a TV tea , Coffee facilities and a on suite bathroom containing a shower .
All in all it was clean and pleasant .
Waking in the morning and missing breakfast I got ready to depart , very disappointed the shower never worked ?
So I checked out and left, If I would stay again yes , the location for the pleasure beach is spot on and if I had a choice of rooms I would recommend the front of the hotel for a room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Cheap and cheerful, depends how easily pleased you are. The staff were very friendly and
Helpful and rates are cheap.
Only stopped overnight so expected nothing More as most b&bs in Blackpool are similar. Old fashioned and decor is bad but warm and bedding is clean. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family & I recently stayed at The Roker Hotel for a week. Needless to say, after reading the reviews on here I was deeply worried about what we were going to find once we got there but I needn't have worried. We were made very welcome on arrival. Rooms & beds were clean. Plenty of hot water throughout the day, excellent service from staff, cereal, fruit or cooked breakfast each morning. Yeah you can nit pick at things but like its been said before, its a B&B, a very welcoming one at that & I would encourage anyone to stay there & we will be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

At the end of the day, no disrespect to the place but you are stopping in a bed and breakfast in Blackpool. For the money we paid I have no problem advising people to stay here.

Beds where clean, food really nice, staff friendly, free car park of which unlike other reviews I had no problem in parking in. Room fine, bar brilliant.

All in all a great stay would have stayed longer but ran out of cash lol

Room Tip: We were in room 4 fantastic sea views and as you would imagine of the illuminations too, he didn'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We parked on the hotels hardstanding for free right outside the hotel in one of the spaces allotted for guests. But if you're parked in front and want to get out, the cars behind have to be moved. Overall the hotel looked like it could do with a sprucing up. Our room number 16, was small but as we were only staying the night we weren't that bothered. The single bed pillowcase had marks on both sides and could do with replacing and all the rest of the bedroom linen were mismatched but clean. The latch on the window had broken off and even though we tried to close it, the thickness of the paint around the window resisted us, so we had to leave it open. I'm only glad we didn't stay during cold weather. Okay, I expect an amount of noise from guests passing in the corridor but at about 2am we had a slanging match between a young girl and boy outside our window, which we couldn't close, and the language was choice to say the least. This went on for half an hour. We were first down for breakfast in the morning and the service was good and on time. We had bacon, sausage, egg, Beans and toast for Breakfast and it was delicious which set us up for our trip to Pleasure Beach which was a 5 minute walk away from the entrance. Overall if you want a cheap bog standard overnight stay close to the theme park this would be Ok if they fixed the window or even better, double glazing. Otherwise go elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

booked two nights ,only managed one, asked on booking what room preferred,said sea view,ended up with room from hell, number 6 .be warned.very close to to next hotel ,drunken yob,s all night ,made us very nervous thought they were going to get on flat roof and come over,had to shut our window,s on a warm night.floor boards all creaking in all room,s .so i think this ,,hotel is for drunken stag nights.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple