“Perfect for short stay in blackpool”
Review of Village Hotel

Village Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Village Hotel
Ranked #606 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We booked in advance and ended up at the village because they were the only b & b we could find that would accommodate 10 of us (mixed sex couples) for one night over the weekend during the illuminations. On arrival, Donna couldn't have been friendlier. The rooms weren't huge but big enought for couples just wanting a bed for the night. Rooms were clean and the bedding immaculate, plus lovely big clean fluffy white towels! Ensuite was v small but adequate, shower didnt look great, but WAS AMAZING!! very hot and powerful!! (room 3) Bar downstairs very nice and cozy, good for a few drikns before heading out. Cooked breakfast next morning was fab!! And had veggi sausages in within us needing to pre warn them! Over all, really good b&b, will def go back there again, perfect location. close enough to bars without being too close...9/10 Thanks Donna and Chris!

• Stayed: October 2009

Reviewed August 23, 2009

this is the second time i have stayed at the Village Hotel, the staff there are always very friendly and helpfull, the rooms are very clean they have a good choice of breakfast , i would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2009

The Village Hotel is truly a gem of a find. I went there with friends,2 of which had their children with them,and Chris and Donna couldn't have been more accomodating and friendly. When I mentioned I'd brought champagne to surprise one of the friends with,I was asked if I had glasses-and answered that I had plastic glasses. Next thing I knew,champagne flutes were delivered to my room with a smile,telling me I should serve the champagne properly!
Breakfast was beautifully cooked-and I overheard a guest requesting an alteration to her breakfast-which was done cheerfully.
I am soon to visit Blackpol again,and this is the only place I'd stay. I recommend The Village Hotel wholeheartedly!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2008

We have stayed at the village on more than one occasion and it is the first place we try to book when visiting blackpool,Chris & Donna are great girls and excellent company, the quality of breakfast is great and a night in the bar is a superb way to end your evening.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2008

the accommodation was what you pay for. clean rooms, cheap, and good service

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed August 27, 2007

me and my partner stayed the weekend. chris and donna have not long taken it over and nothing was too much trouble, the rooms were basic but clean and comfortable breakfast was superb, the hotel bar was well stocked and reasonably priced .
all in all we really enjoyed our stay the girls were great and we are looking forward to going back

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank magdo
Reviewed April 15, 2007

Just returned from a one night stay at the "Village Hotel" on Springfield Road in Blackpool. It is in the Gay area of blackpool and is specifically for Gay visitors (However as we were on a hen do, they allowed for the hens straight friends to stay too, Which is good, as I dont think alot of the Gay hotels usually allow this.

We were in a room for three people, and paid £25 each for the privalage, it was a very small room, with a very tiny en suite.
So in total it was £75 for this room. (Not value for money at all)
We could have booked a travel lodge and had a very nice comfortable room for less money)
The springs were sticking out of the mattresses, and was a very uncomfortable night indeed.
Having said all this, it wasnt unclean - it wasn't pristine...but not dirty to be fair.
The weather was boiling, and we couldnt even open the windows (he said the keys had snapped inside the locks)... three girls in a tiny room, with no air, was a bit of a nightmare.

The hotel advertises that there is a bar.
When we asked if we could go to the bar, he said well there isnt any thing in it! so its pointless...

The breakfast left a lot to be desired. Very cheap ingredients...Un-edable really.

There is car parking at the front of the hotel, but only enough room for around 4 cars. Luckily we got one of these spots.
Others had to park on the main road, and the traffic wardens were around all the time.
Cars on the main road needed to be moved at 8am.

Personally would not go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2007
5  Thank em_fletcher
villagehotel, owner at Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2008

we have now been running the village for just over 12 months, its not a gay hotel anymore tho it is gay friendly. The bar is now well stocked and guests that come down into the bar love it because its so comfortable, we have a pool table and fuit machine also darts etc.. We have been told by the majority of our guest that our breakfast is the best they have sampled in any b and b.