“HMS Llandaff Association Reunion”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Parisienne Hotel

Parisienne Hotel
Ranked #66 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Hayes, United Kingdom
“HMS Llandaff Association Reunion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Don't know where Sailorman 7 stayed but I think he has got a little confused , Ok the rooms were very tired looking but they were very clean and after all this is Blackpool !!! The only real big fault with this hotel were the size of the bathrooms and showers !!! they do need looking at if you are a size 8 or above or a guy of average size and in my own case above average , life was difficult to shower etc .
As for the rest of the place it has gone a refurbishment and is good.
The Manager Harold was one of the best , nothing was a problem to him and he was a very friendly welcoming gentleman. The staff were excellent and my hat goes off to the kitchen staff for producing great food at every meal that we had.
We had a party of 68 stay at this hotel and the only complaints I received being the main organiser of our reunions were the size of the bathrooms , would we stop at this hotel again , Yes providing they sorted out the showers

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kevin W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
poole dorset
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We arrived as a group in october and found that we had been split up all over the place, I was put on a dining table with a couple of total strangers instead of with my friends. Dont believe the advert saying that it is tastefully decorated and has recently had a makeover (it must have been the year i was born, 1942) As a retired hotelier i should know something about hotels and believe me , i was shocked to see how this hotel was run and the condition it was in. It might get a 1 star rating if it was in Bournemouth. How the tourist board rate their hotels in Blackpool i shudder to think. My room was supposed to be a double room which in reality should have been a single, The en-suite was so small when i bent down to the sink , my bottom was in the shower. I think it measured 3ft by 3ft. In the bedroom was even a bigger laugh, because the bedroom was so small as a double the bedside cabinets were up against the wardrobe.and so that the second half of the wardrobe could be used the door had been cut in half to allow it to open over the cabinet. There was plenty of food but was so badly prepared and cooked it put me off most of my food anyway, The staff were friendly but couldnt cope with more than one customer at a time and then the order didnt come out as requested. There were safes in the rooms which you had to enter your own code to open and close. If by any chance you forgot your code and wanted it opened you had to get the hotel staff to go to the Tiffany Hotel next door to get the key and open it for you. Each safe had its own key. The hotel had the nerve to say that anything stolen from your room was your fault and the fact that there were thieves around. Dont leave you windows open so they cant get in etc. They dont need to break in , just go next door and get the keys. Other problems were stained carpets and funiture

Room Tip: Just DONT go there until it has been totally stripped and re furbished
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with 11 other girls for a hen party. staff couldnt do enough for us & special thanks to anna for putting up with us all having our party with the naked butler!!! breakfast was good and service very quick x would certainly stay here again

• Stayed October 2013
Salford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here 21/9/13
Looking 3rd floor sea view room, bathroom was small though and heating on full blast but the handyman soon turned it off.
Entertainment was good food was nice and close to town centre.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank berylh852
Sheffield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, close to a tram stop on the seafront, so that was really good. And I quite like the way the hotel has been decorated. But to be honest, I didn't really enjoy my experience there.

The room was grim- could use a little bit of updating. There were some weird stains on the ceiling, a iron mark of the carpet, and it was really stuffy. Unfortunately the heating was on a timer - the receptionist said we could wait for the night porter who could turn it off - but we didn't really want to wait as it was just so hot! I managed to turn it off myself but the room remained quite warm. A bit uncomfortable.

The reception staff were so lovely, but the staff at breakfast were not. Not at all polite or friendly; they were a bit short with us for some reason. We were told where to sit, but the breakfast table was missing stuff though, like teaspoons and butter and napkins, so I had to hop around other tables taking stuff. My mate's food took a while to arrive, which isn't a problem at all, but mine was brought instantly, so we had to eat separately. Most places bring food at the same time so you can eat together.

I did feel a bit let down overall and probably won't be going back. But the location is good so if you just need a bed for the night then you'd be alright here, but not for a nice weekend away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Polly_Louise
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed in the Parisienne with my boyfriend for a week . We enjoyed our stay and would return to the same hotel . The staff were lovely and very helpful . Im a fussy eater but I still enjoyed my breakfast. The hotel was just a walk away from the pier and there was a tram stop just up from it. We were able to relax and enjoy our time away in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mclean123
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Thank you soo much for our stay enjoyed every thing service was excellent. Anything we had requested was done with in half hour rooms were lovly. Management is a great friendly guy will be back as soon as I can thanks to all staff for a great night and all ur help

• Stayed September 2013