“staying at the Parisienne, thankfully only for one night”
Review of Parisienne Hotel

Parisienne Hotel
Ranked #65 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Me and my husband stayed for one night, as did my sister and her partner. We had a suspended ceiling in our bedroom like you might expect to find in a factory or shop. Our light was a strip light as you might expect in an 80's kitchen, Our en-suite had a very old metal window in it and the view............well the view was breeze blocks, they had bricked it up on the outside leaving the frame inside!!! The breakfast was awful. How we paid £100 per couple to stay for one evening is really beyond me. Please dont stay here, there are lots of smaller B & B's around, book your room early, dont leave until last minute and DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie P
There are newer reviews for Parisienne Hotel

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Firstly, the advertising of this hotel is totally wrong, our 2 rooms were like rabbit hutchs and none of the pink silk bedding.
We were told the bar was 24hours and they sold cocktails, when we asked we were told that the bar man didnt know how to make them and offered us shots. We went to the sister hotel to watch the entertainment, which we were told was in our hotel when we booked.When we got back the bar man had shut the bar and there was our party and also a party of 6 ladies too who wanted drinks too. We asked to sit in the bar area and was told to go to our rooms because he was cleaning the bar area. Wouldnt mind if we were loud but we have children with us.
When we went for breakfast there was no orange juice and they brought the toast 15mins before the brakfast, so toast was cold and they wouldnt bring anymore for us.
We logged our veiws and were told the the manager would ring us, after 2 reminder calls i am still waiting for a call 3weeks later. customer service terrible as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The photographs and description supplied by this hotel, swayed me into booking. They describe themselves as a hotel with French themed boudors. The ceilng was wallpaperd with white anaglypta, corners clearly coming unstuck. There was a large damp patch on one wall and even damp stains on the lampsade. The carpet was filthy and worn through in places with cigarette burns on it too. Our room was tiny, but the bathroom was a joke - more miniature than tiny; they had had to saw off half of the flush handle to get the toilet in the space in the corner. The room was at the front and so had a sea view, but not a hint of France, let alone Paris! My sister's room on the other hand, had Paris themed wallpaper on one wall, but unfortunately her room had only a breeze block wall for a view. There bathroom was bigger than our's and had a window in, but unfortunately that was breeze bloccked up from the outside.

Breakfast was appalling and restaurant staff talked over tables of people eating to each other.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Denise W
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was looking on the internet and decided to book the parisienne hotel from 27/9/2012 to 30/9/2012. Instead of booking online, my partner telephoned the hotel in my presence and secured a booking for the aforementioned dates.As far as we were concerned we were booked into the parisienne for these dates.Nothing was mentioned at this time that this was not the parisienne.My partner did not get the name of the person who took the booking.On arrival at the hotel on 27th september 2012, the receptionist on the desk checked and found that she had no booking for us at the parisienne.Apparently the said hotel is the sister hotel of tiffany,s hotel a few doors northwards.The receptionist telephoned tiffany,s and found that we had a booking there.We were told that we had been upgraded to Tiffany,s.We did not ask for this and let the receptionist know this.However we had to go to Tiffany,s.While at Tiffanys we found out that this type of transfer had been done to other people and this was not our mistake and we were transferred due to over booking of the Parisienne.I will in the future not be booking in at either of these hotels.I should say that the receptionist in the Parisienne was very nice and i am sure that it was not her doing for the transfer.The receptionist at Tiffany,s was rude and tried to make out that we booked Tiffany,s.when we know that we definetily did not.I will review Tiffany,s

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank alexander l
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went with my family a few month back, and it was without doubt the worst hotel I have yet to stay in. The carpet in my room had cigarette marks, the wallpaper was peeling and the view in my window was a brick wall.

Tho food however, was lovely. So was the dining area. But if you want a nice sleep, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank MrChurchy
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'm a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for' and with hotels in mind, you can't expect 5 star hotels for 3 star prices. Myself and my partner stayed here in August with another couple, having pre-booked the hotel online paying a deposit. When we arrived we were greeted by the friendly receptionist and were asked to pay the remainder there and then - which is odd and different to other hotels I've stayed at where you pay your bill at the end of your stay. (However, I'm sure this isn't the only hotel that does this). The first thing you notice when you walk into the hotel is the 'french' music playing softly in the background and resonates throughout the hotel - very creepy! On arrival we were given a parking permit for our stay, which was one night, but were assured that we could use the same permit throughout the following day after we'd checked out. This was not the case in the morning though, as we were informed by a different receptionist and we were consequently asked to move our vehicle. Although a pain, it was not the end of the world as there is ample parking further down the road and it is very reasonably priced.
To get to you rooms you have either a choice of stairs (which are a maze) or a lift (tiny and looks/feels like it's come straight out of a horror film!!). The rooms are not huge but are comfortable. While the room we stayed in didn't have a shower, it did have a bath which was fine. The couple we stayed with did have a shower room, which was so small you could probably use the toilet at the same time! My partner and I stayed on the top floor and had an awful nights sleep due to an air conditioning unit, or something, clunking away throughout the night directly above our room. However, the couple we traveled with were also on the top floor and did not hear anything, so this must have just been bad luck on our part!
Breakfast was great, your standard full English tea, coffee etc. Would have been perfect if it wasn't for the slightly louder creepy 'french' music playing in the background with the same song on repeat!
The location of the hotel is also not so bad, just a shot tram ride into the main center of town and just a bit further to the Pleasure Beach.
Before venturing off into the night we sat in the bar to have a few drinks and listen the cabaret singer. Although not to our tastes I can see that he was quite good and that the more mature hotel visitors were enjoying it.
Overall, the hotel served it's purpose of a bed for the night and breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a good weekend,food good,room excellent,friendly staff as always especially reception who were very helpful also was nice to see Kevin back as the compare.Looking forward to our next stay which will be for 5 days at Christmas.Thanks again to all the staff.

Room Tip: 302 Has a good sea view........
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple