“Don't waste your time or your money!”

Blackpool Model Village & Gardens
Ranked #27 of 85 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Owner description: An award winning attraction set in over 2 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens. The hand crafted, entertaining and amusing models are tactfully woven into the gardens. Our aim is to bring smiles to your faces and there is something for every member of the family.
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Dreadful and dated. OK if you like tonka toy dumpers - they're thrown in all over the place - completely unauthentic. Most displays are set on dull concrete bases and are old and very worn out. Only one exhibit - the castle - was worth looking at. We were in and out in less than 20 minutes at a cost of £23.47 for 3 of us. Extremely disapointing

4  Thank Goldilocks107

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Found it all very boring,children were bored got around the model village in about 10 minutes.

1  Thank poppet1972
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This needs updating. Some of the buildings are not very authentic. I've read some of the reviews before we went and because I had some free time, I decided to go there. I am so sorry, but the visit was a waste of time and money. If you do not have a car, you'll have to take a bus. You can take bus 5 from downtown and then walk for about 10/15 minutes or bus 4 that takes a long time to get you there. Before you go inside, check the time of the next bus and plan you stay according to that.

1  Thank Ouvrou2012
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Went here with my wife and one year-old son during his first birthday week, it was a nice enough place to visit but I definitely feel there's not much to hold the interest of older kids or young adults.

Having been to more impressive model villages like Madurodam I feel the Blackpool one could have done with more moving parts, it had a small tramway and a windmill but as far as I could tell that was it (the mini railway line wasn't in operation when we visited). You get a quiz sheet when you enter and that serves as a guide to which route to follow to see everything, though it's small enough that you're not going to miss out on much if you keep wandering around.

The entrance fee of £6.95 seems quite steep.. if you pick up the leaflet from a Tourist Information Centre then you get a £1 per adult discount so that's definitely worth doing. My son was free as he was just a year old but at advertised prices a family ticket for two adults and two children would cost £22.95 - not sure if it's worth that TBH.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

visit was ok but needs updating theres not enough to do if you have older kids with you. ok for little ones

1  Thank holidaylover201059