“Another great stay at Lollys!”
Review of Lolly's Hotel

Lolly's Hotel
Ranked #675 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
south yorkshire
“Another great stay at Lollys!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Third stay at this great b&b and once again we had a great time!
Simple check in, value for money room, lovely breakfast, and great company! Not many hotels will go out of there way to ensure you have a great stay but they do here!
I actually consider the owner Steve as a friend now!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank marcnjo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I travelled to Lolly's for the first time recently while supporting a gentleman on holiday (I am a support worker working with adults with learning disabilities). What can I say - it's excellent reputation preceded it, and boy did it live up to it!

The first thing I'd like to mention is the food - it was gorgeous, and really professionally made. While there we were treated to delicious breakfasts and the dinner we had was one of the best I have ever had, not just in a B and B but anywhere! Just writing this makes me want to return! There is plenty of choice, but do yourself a favour and sample the full English - delish.

The second thing is the service and staff - Sarah and Steve were not just professional, responsive and helpful, but damn nice people too! What more could one ask from a hotel or B&B? I'd also like to point out that they were absolutely fantastic with the gentleman I was supporting, and I can thoroughly recommend this place to adults with learning disabilities who may be wanting to visit Blackpool, as both Sarah and Steve have a thorough understanding of this due to their background in support work! But of course, that is by the by, as I would recommend this place to anyone. Anything we wanted, we simply asked Sarah or Steve and it was done in a flash.

And now to the third thing on my own particular checklist: atmosphere and decor. Brilliant on both counts, while here we both really felt like we were at home. It was clean, comfy, cosy and the rooms were superb.

And now to location - it really couldn't be better. At this hotel you are no less than five minutes away from the town centre and the beautiful Blackpool seafront. Perfectly located for both. Just walk straight on and you're there - even I could do it! Despite being close to the town centre, you can be sure of a great, quiet night's sleep here.

It's not often that I feel compelled to write reviews on TripAdvisor (or any website) unless I have had a particular good or terrible time - Lolly's Hotel was most definitely the former, I thoroughly recommend it and look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Steven M
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our weekend started with rain and when we arrived at Lolly's we all wanted to get warm and dry. Steve and Sarah made our whole family feel welcome, greeting us with a much needed cup of tea.
This cosy B&B provided the perfect base for my family to enjoy the Blackpool experience. It is a short walk from the town centre (about 5 minutes) but it is just a straight road with no navigational skills necessary. Parking was good. Comfortable beds, the TV was full freeview, but we didn't watch much due to being tired or out enjoying ourselves. Our toddler fell in love with their little dog, who was quiet and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chris B
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have just returned from my second trip to lollys this year.The first was in July this year,a trip for a friends birthday and this second trip was with my children.Lollys has to be the best Blackpool B&B I have stayed in ( been in a few over the years) The service you receive is 2nd to none,Sarah and Steve (owners) can't do enough to help, from extra tea,coffee or toiletries in your room to a drink at the bar, nothing is too much trouble.Breakfast is fab,with plenty of choice of cereals and fruit and a great full English !!!! It is also immaculately clean and fresh.I will certainly be returning !

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Kerri W
Bridgend
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My partner and myself booked 3 nights in Lolly's at the end of Blackpool for a short break, having been to Blackpool every year since i was 3 i'm always eager to return and we decided on staying at Lolly's after staying there last time. All in all our experience was good, the room was clean and cosy and breakfast was lovely. The location is great too being only a few minutes walk from the tower and town centre. Sarah and Steve were lovely and so was Daisy their dog. The only downfall really was a group of women staying there on the Saturday night, although we weren't woken by them through the night they were very loud when checking in, and at breakfast.
Although generally our stay was nice and comfortable I somehow didn't feel as welcome as I did on my previous visit when there were different owners, and the rooms could do with some updating, more modern televisions and beds etc. This however are just small points to pick at and if you don't plan on spending much time in your room, which we didn't it's not an issue at all. Value for money was average going by other B & B's we have looked at and although overall we enjoyed our stay I think we will book somewhere else next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah_John_Noah
sarahf118, Owner at Lolly's Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Hi Pickles D

Many thanks for your response, most of it positive and we'll gladly take on board what you've stated.
Just a couple of things i'd like to respond to though, if i may.
Firstly, regarding the updating of things. The b&b is repainted at the end of every season, this will be actually happening in the next fortnight but as you have stayed here before perhaps you had noticed that the furniture and bedding had been updated as we bought it all when we moved in?
Also on police advice the tv's haven't been changed to slimline plasma screens as lots of them go missing from various establishments.
Secondly, we are really disappointed that you didnt feel as if you were welcome, that's never the case. As you know Sarah has recently had a major operation and has to rest for long periods where i also work during the week and therefore i'm not here in the weekday mornings.
Every night we chatted to guests in the bar area but you always opted to go straight to bed. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever but how could we chat to you if you didn't come in and interact? You don't have to buy a drink in our bar area either, most guests just come in to chat and watch tv.
Finally, the girls were rowdy, they were asked to keep it quiet and respect the other guests and mainly when they came in they were respectful, just a couple of them let the party down somewhat.
So thanks again for your review, hopefully you'll have a more pleasant experience in Blackpool next time you are here.
Kind Regards
Steve
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Traditional B&B in a great location. Steve and Sarah create a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Rooms very clean and excellent value for money. Got a nice bar area which is great if you want a drink later in the evening especially if you got kids. Only a few minutes walk to Tower, shops etc but not too near so avoid any night noise etc which is a big plus! Very nice breakfast!!! Defo recommend Lollys and will be back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bluenyellow
hartlepool
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Another visit to Lolly,s a couple of weeks ago with a couple of friends,and another very enjoyable weekend was had .No negatives only positives from the hosts to the clean and comfortable rooms to the splendid breakfasts and the price is very good as well .So if anyone reading this review has not booked anywhere yet ,try Lolly,s you will not be disappointed .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends