“Lovely!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
England
“Lovely!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

Myself, partner and my 13 year old son stayed at the Flyde mon-fri half term week and we all had a fantastic time. Breakfast was lovely, the choice was yours whether you wanted a full breakfast or just sausage beans and toast which my son prefered.Vicky is a lovely lovely lady, she was very friendly and always had time for a chat. The Rooms were lovely too, not very big but spotless, and Vicky cleans them all herself, she does a remarkable job, and she's a remarkable lady. We will definately be returning to the Flyde next time we visit Blackpool.
Thankyou Vicky.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
scottychick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

Myself and 5 friends travelled to Blackpool last weekend for a girly weekend. We were greeted by Vicky on arrival to The Fylde who was very friendly and welcoming. None of us could fault the service we received. The rooms were spotlessly clean along with the whole of the hotel! The breakfast was brilliant, just what you needed after a long night out in the many bars and clubs!
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone for a cheap and cheerful visit to Blackpool.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights. Best small hostel/hotel we've ever stayed in for the price. Couldnt fault it in any way. 10 minutes walk from the Centre. Great breakfast, Comfy beds, bags of communal area. Spotless. Nice friendly owners. Don't expect large rooms and the carparking holds 4 cars on a first there basis so may have to use the car park at the end of the road.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

I really, really don't want to tell people what a gem The Fylde is because then all and sundry will be clamouring for rooms, and my chances of securing one when I want will be slim. Soon this place will be like The Ivy or something, where you have to book 6 months in advance or you don't stand a chance.

I had the great pleasure of staying in the Luxury room, and was chuffed to bits with it. What more could you ask for but a lovely large comfortable bed and a bathroom where you don't have to worry about accidentally turning the shower on while you're cleaning your teeth because there's no room to swing a toothbrush never mind a cat.

The location is quieter than that of other hotels I have stayed at in Blackpool, but it's only a 10 minute walk into the centre, and I never heard groups of lairy hens/stags coming back from nights out which was ACES.

Mmmm what else? Breakfast was marvellous, everything you could want, and the the owners are soooooo friendly and welcoming it's like going back to your mum's house.

I really can't wait to come back, thank you for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed September 2009
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

I can't thank lovely Vicky enough for making my 30th birthday go with a swing. Trying to arrange for 23 people to go up to Blackpool is a bit stressful, but was made so much easier by Vicky's friendliness and helpfulness: she did everything from booking me more rooms in the hotel next door as we didn't all fit in the B+B to receommend restaurants and things to do. She also sent me an amzing birthday cake to the restaurant. The hostel is really beautiful too: much nicer than most hotels. I'd recommend the Fylde to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009
Seaham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

Since I have just joined tripadvisor, I thought the first place I would review was The Fylde - a memorable place for a memorable trip.
I stayed at The Fylde in November 2007 when myself and my partner Eddy went to see The Verve in Blackpool. We wanted somewhere inexpensive and comfortable to lay our bodies simply for the one night after the gig...
The Fylde is a family run B&B/Hotel - and this family could not have been more welcoming. As soon as we entered we received a warm greeting and were taken to our room.
The room really amused me because as you went through the first door, the toilet was behind another door to the right (this meant we had a toilet to ourselves which was a nice relief. As you walk through the next door you are greeted by a lovely little room with a comfy double bed, coffee facilities etc. The thing that really amused me was that the shower unit was in the right-hand corner of the room :) So your partner could have a shower whilst you are lying in bed staring straight at them :)
As I say, this was simply somewhere to lay our heads for the night, so we went out to the gig and came back to sleep.
We were greeted downstairs the next morning for breakfast and there was so much on offer, the staff really couldn't have done more for us. There was cereals, toast, fry-ups (you name it). We ate our food whilst sitting watching Jeremey Kyle which was on the TV in the corner of the dining room. The food was great and we left around 12pm really content with our stay.
Brilliant little place and the family who run it are so welcoming. Would definately go back if I am ever in Blackpool again.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheFyldeBlackpool, Owner & Manager at The Fylde International Blackpool, responded to this review, July 3, 2009
Dear Sara

Thank you for your review, it was nice to hear your comments even though it was a few years ago since your stay. Many things have happened to The Fylde since 2007. The property has been updated considerably and refurbished. We also became accreditted with a 4 star Backpackers with Visit Britain in December 2008. You are more than welcome to come back and visit when in Blackpool. It has been pleasing to know that your visit to The Fylde is still memorable after two years. We look forward to welcoming you boack in the near future.

Kind Regards

Vicky, Kate & Allan
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

Once again we had a great stay at the Fylde. Very clean and comfortable, very friendly and very reasonably priced! It is situated in Palatine Road, close to Blackpool town centre but far enough from any noise at night. If you want cheap and nasty, there are plenty of places to choose from. But if you are looking for quality accommodation that doesn't break the bank, then book a stay at the Fylde.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple