“Excellent guest house”

Branston Lodge Guest House
Ranked #5 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Mike and Sally were very welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. The rooms were of a very high standard with all the facilities you need. Breakfast was good. Branston Lodge is excellent value for money.
The guest house is within easy walking distance of pleasure beach.
Would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked this guesthouse initially because it was fairly close to the venue where my brother's wedding was being held, and also because it had such good reviews on Tripadvisor. It certainly lived up to the reviews. Parking was free - there is a car park at the back but I managed to find a parking space on the road. Mike and Sally met me at the door and offered me a very welcome cup of tea, and Mike even offered to help me with my bag from the car, which was very thoughtful. The room was clean and comfortable and fairly quiet considering how close we were to the pleasure beach and the promenade. Full English breakfast was great. Nothing was too much trouble. Very good value for money. I would stay there again and would certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Branston Lodge is excellently placed for a family holiday to Blackpool. It's close to South Pier, Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Sandcastle Water Park without being so close that it's too close. We were lucky enough to find a parking space immediately outside the B&B when we arrived but they also have their own parking area at the rear of the B&B. Mike and Sally were both very welcoming, with Mike coming to help me with our bags and Sally making a much needed cup of tea for us. They also offered advice on good places to eat in the evening as well as the best way to save money on entrance tickets for the various attractions in Blackpool.

We were in Room 5 which had a double bed, bunk beds, tea/coffee area and seating by the bay window. There was also a chest of drawers and a wardrobe which was more than enough space for our clothes for the week.

There was also a flatscreen TV mounted to the wall - with the added bonus of a HDMI socket so I could connect my tablet and watch films I'd pre-loaded (perfect for keeping my son quiet).

The bathroom was large enough for all three of us and the shower large enough to turn around in even for a large chap like myself ;)

Breakfast was, likewise, top notch with plenty to keep you going.

Overall, we were very happy with our choice of B&B and would happily come back here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you're looking for a great place to stay, you will not find a better guest house in Blackpool than Branston Lodge.
The hospitality of its hosts Mike and Sally are absolutely outstanding. From the moment we arrived and with Mike helping unload the car and take our luggage to our room, we realised we had found somewhere rather special to stay.
Nothing was ever any trouble for Mike or Sally who were always available if we needed anything.
The family room (No.6) we stayed in was spacious and spotlessly clean (with nice decor). With the cooked breakfasts each morning (which were lovely) set us up for the each day.
Mike and Sally's enthusiasm,helpful local knowledge and friendly service (often asking how we were and had we had a great day out when arriving back from days out) made for a fantastic holiday :)
Branston Lodge is ideally located just a few minutes walk from Blackpool's seafront and Pleasurebeach Theme Park.

With the best hosts in the world !!! Mike and Sally truly deserve lots of success with Branston Lodge.
We would love to come and stay again !!! and would like to recommend that everyone visiting Blackpool, to give Branston Lodge a try, you will not be disappointed !!!!

Regards,
Barthram Family

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daz_Barthram
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked this guest house because it had wonderful reviews on tripadvisor and this bed and breakfast lived up to every one! Sally and Mike met us at the door after a very long drive and a gloomy rainy afternoon. They made my daughters and I extremely welcome with a lovely pot of tea and had us all laughing within minutes. Afterwards Mike helped us with our luggage. There was nothing too much trouble for them. Our family bedroom was immaculate and bright and the beds were superb! Breakfast was delicious the following morning. The location was perfect for us as we wanted to be near the Pleasure Beach and Waterpark (just 5 mins walk to each). I would definitely stay at the brilliant Branston Lodge Guest House again and would say that it is the best one I have ever stayed at in Blackpool!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Returned for another excellent stay with Mike and Sally. Branston Lodge offers excellent value , with free parking, superb breakfasts, and hosts who look after your every need. I would recommend Branston Lodge to anyone who wants to have a holiday at the coast.

Room Tip: Contact Mike and Sally .