“"ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS"”

Hotel Fame
Hotel Fame
Ranked #680 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Lesley and Barry were wonderful hosts and were only too happy to do anything to help.The room, which was a family room, was clean, and had plenty of storage space for all your holiday essentials.The beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of fresh towels etc. The hotel has a well stocked bar/lounge,that overlooks the sea, and as we have a 9 year old daughter, it was a great place to relax in the evening after a busy day sight seeing.The self service breakfast was absolutely gorgeous. The hotel itself is situated on the promenade so it was ideally situated for all the main attractions. will be booking again for next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gillian D

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Please don't believe all the 4 and 5 star rateing on this B&B, I would not recommend to any friends or family, very very disappointing. I booked a room with a sea view which I didn't get, although I paid the price for a room with a sea view. I booked on late rooms.com made it sound like I was getting a really good deal for my money, believe me I am sure I was coned and paid full price and over, after reading all the fab reviews on the fame I thought I was booking the right place. The breakfast was just ok, nothing special, I did complain to the owners, but nothing done about it, I would say to anyone do shop around before booking this B&B

Room Tip: A good tip, don't book one .
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sharon A
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Let us begin with the truth , Your Mother booked the room privately over the phone and paid for it with her credit card, [not with Laterooms] you did not book it , you arrived after Reception was closed 2200 hours , but we stayed up and booked you in at 23,30hrs , you were given the room your Mother booked [a Double room] the cheapest rooms available , you never complained to the Owners at all during your stay , if you were so upset by such bad treatment and just ok breakfast why not complain to me personally , You say you requested a sea view room , that would be impossible as they were already booked out , people were already using them by the party from Norway who have been coming here for 7 years , so before you go off your trolley ranting and raving bad reviews about hotels , tell the truth and get it published by all means but doing what you do does not give you more street cred ,

Reviewed July 5, 2012

What can I say les and Barry could not do enough . Rooms are lovely and equiped for all you need bar is well stocked and plenty of tea for me . Loved it . Will stay again . Accommodating homely with the added bonus of first class service . Thanks a lot and thanks for waiting up for us to get there see you soon

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

After a last minute decision to go to blackpool during our two day jubilee break from work we spent hours trailing the internet for a hotel. We found Hotel Fame and it was booked easily over the phone.
The owners were very friendly and welcoming, we had a sea view family room which was clean, comfy beds and a fab view. The hotel is centrally located so was easy to get to the town centre or to the pleasure beach and the free parking was a welcomed bonus. If visiting any attractions check the leaflet stand in the hall way as we found money off vouchers for some of the attractions we visited.
After a fab night sleep we woke up to a gorgeous breakfast, throughly enjoyed. Will be back in the future. Thankyou.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2012

yet another fantastic weekend at the fame with my two sons lovely clean room and comfy beds. the breakfast was gorgeous and whoever said that barry and les are not friendly are very wrong they are the friendliest people you can meet and will go out of there way to help you. Cant wait to go back in the summer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Upon Reading the recent comments on `Trip Advisor` regarding `The Fame` i thought.`No Way...i had booked well in advance for a return visit along with my wife, we had also arranged to meet Old Friends for my Wifes 50th Birthday...
We are very glad we ignored the reviews as we found everything at `The Fame ` of a Very High Standard (as usual).
The Buffet Breakfast was 5 Star and Fit for a King..The Rooms where of a similar status and the Hospitality was Second to None....
Our Guest along with everyone else where treated in a similar Fashion and had a great time..
Overall ..both Barry and Lesley excelled themselves above the Call of Their Duties as Host..when we arrived ..we where greeted with a warm welcome and our Host had taken the time and effort to decorate the lounge area with Banners for my wifes 50th....we where delighted to find our Guest had already arrived ahead of us and where being well looked after.
We cannot thank Barry and Lesley enough for a wonderful experience at `The Fame`.and we will definitely be Returning in the Future...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My partner and I went to Blackpool as a last minute decision and just found "The Fame" walking by. The only positive I would say about this hotel is the location being central and a comfy bed. The Breakfast was just awful, normally is the best part of staying at a B&B but certainly not on this occasion. There was not a warm welcome when we first arrived and no communication when we left. The towels provided were dry and stale, tea facilities were not complete (who uses tea whitening now-a-days?!) The decor was very out dated and the lounge area and breakfast area was dirty.

After advising I was vegetarian they still asked if I wanted bacon with my breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kirsty W
blackpoolbabe15, Owner at Hotel Fame, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

[1] Tea /Coffee whitener is used in 90% of Blackpool hotels , [it does not go off ] Towels were not old dry / stale as these are washed by a local laundry and are checked by VisitBritian [the star quailty scheme ] who never reveal when they are coming and they are more than satisfied , the breakfast was terrible [so you say ] then why eat it all , and toast and jam if it was terrible , If you read down further reviews you will see someone else asked for veggi sausage but also had bacon , So was I not right to offer it ,, There is no need to tell untruths , the lounge area /bar area /dining area are cleaned daily , I honestly believe you have figments of the imagination
The redecor was completed just after the new windows were installed on 17th Jan 2012 . just because it is not to your taste , everyone else likes it , so you are outvoted , [and you are obiously an artist I suppose ]