“I'll be back”

Ranked #443 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Worcester, United Kingdom
“I'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Don't understand these negative reviews. I've stayed at the Carn Brae twice in the last 12 months and will certainly stay again, The hotel is spotlessly clean, the rooms, especially those on the front with sea views are very comfortable. Nice and quiet even though they are on the front! Quite frankly, I didn't find anything to complain about so what the negative reviewers are talking about is a complete mystery to me and the rest of our party. The location is good, the food excellent and plenty of it so, as somebody has already said, what more can you ask for?
A nice clean room, a comfortable bed, good food, friendly staff. The Carn Brae has the lot!
A good family run hotel, Will be staying again soon.

Room Tip: We had a lovely double room on the front. Unfortunately I don't recall the number.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tigi2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Glasgow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I took my 70 year old parents here for a final farewell as I was going away for a few months, what an absolutely awful time we had. Got to our rooms and as soon as I opened the door my skin crawled both rooms were worse than disgusting. The walls were crumbling, carpets has never met a hoover in their 100 year life span and the bathrooms were from the dark ages, I would have been cleaner washing in Blackpool's sea. We never got any sleep the first night due to feeling so uncomfortable in the rooms, the bathrooms put us off so much that we went to the local pool to have a shower, totally degrading for pensioners. They were so upset with the state of the room they stayed out from the moment we had breakfast until dinner and then from dinner until late at night to stay out of the roo m. My father had had 2 knee replacements just 6 months before our trip so all this time on his feet nearly finished the old boy off and my poor mum was so tired she was I'll.

The meals were no better, no choice of dinner on the first night and the sauces on the table all ranged from 6months to 3years out of date, a total joke!!!

I was so sad that these people had taken away a special time with my parents and wasting a hole lot of my hard earned money. They should not be allowed to get away with it.

Please please stay away and put these people out of business so they can't ruin other families special moments together.

Room Tip: Stay away!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Maggie07d
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Have been staying here for years so have my parents . We Love the place. It has a Homely friendly atmosphere and you a are treated like part of the family. Food is excellent plenty of choice on breakfast items, dinner menu always delights. rooms are spacious the lovely beds are very comfy. What more can you ask for. Highly recommended this hotel

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Joolsmc35
lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had several family members visiting the Uk that wanted to visit Blackpool I chose this hotel as its only a short taxi ride away to the little airport, This is what they asked me to portray on here just why they enjoyed it so much
it's right on the promenade ( yet quiet as the hotel is set back a little from the main Prom. in a crescent, the tram stop is very convenient ( think they run till about 1 am ) so t was very easy for then to get into Crazy Zany Blackpool lol it's a great spot walking distance to the pleasure beach an the fantastic waterpark The beach & sand dunes are 5 mins. Walk away for a lovely morning stroll to walk off the calories after the lovely breakfast & to blow the cobwebs away served by efficient cautious & friendly staff
Already booked again for our next trip
In a nutshell Our rooms clean and comfortable the location was just ideal, the transport to Blackpool was very reasonable, I don't think we ever waited more than 15 mins for a tram which were safe clean an reliable

Room Tip: Ring the hotel speak to the owner explain what you would like SIMPLES if its within their power they...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cockeyedoptomist
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We just got back from a weekend break at this hotel A great family run hotel which we found our rooms to be very clean x tidy the food that was served to us was second to none the Owner x staff are very friendly all the staff worked realy hard to make sure our stay was an enjoyable one, i can only say it was our first time at this hotel but it will not be our last it was one of the best hotels we have stayed in for a long time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed her on work, as I travel a lot and found this hotel fantastic location to commute into St Annes or Blackpool town centre. The rooms where clean and tidy and you can see that they are improving all the time. Never really go off the pictures so as for the comment before me I do not understand that. If I had ben offered another room, why not just move across to that.

My room was great for me, and the owner was very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was the best I have had in a very long time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Billingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had the misfortune to use this Hotel, the photo of the room was different than what i got, i complained at the time and they said we could run across the hall and keep using another room - not ideal at all, i have contacted the Trading Standards who agree with me and they have reported this Hotel to the Advertising Standards Agency, the manager emailed me and said to talk to him through a Solicitor so as you can see good customer service - NOT....
I found the management intimidating , not bothered, we fely very wary leaving valuables in the room so we had to take them out every night.
About a 90 minute walk to the Tower so as you can guess its a long way out , also there where so many rules and regulations with this hotel it spoils it for you, we didnt have children but we felt sorry for families because it was dictating what children could do, also no food in rooms only food that they served (EXPENSIVE AT £8.25 FOR A BREAKFAST) and threats of getting chucked out if YOU DARED TO BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS.
There are thousands of good hotels in Blackpool - THIS ISNT ONE OF THEM - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY.
The good points was the day we left and finally got away from this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple