“gorgeous breakfast, incredibly clean and a lovely lady doing the breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandford Hotel

Sandford Hotel
Ranked #110 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Liverpool
“gorgeous breakfast, incredibly clean and a lovely lady doing the breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2008

The rooms are small, but they are all obviously standard B&B rooms now made ensuite, they are adequate, nicely decorated, spotlessly clean, and a very orthopedic style, seemingly new bed. We were put in a back room, number 1, I asked if any chance of a sea front room, after the man spoke with his wife, she said I had mentioned I would like one; we were given the keys to a sea front room, number 17. Whilst number 1 was bigger, Number 17 had a gorgeous view. We didn’t stay in the hotel much, but I can not see anything wrong with it. When I came running back in desperate to use the loo, my husband followed a little behind, he was stopped, in a friendly way, and asked if I was his wife, so they are obviously on the ball with the comings and goings which always makes you feel a little more secure. The breakfast the next morning was perfectly cooked, coffee cups refilled as much as we wanted, and we were even asked if we wanted another breakfast, I assume at cost, but how nice to be given the opportunity. The lady that did the breakfast service was the same lady that took my booking, so I assume she may be the owner. She was very neatly dressed in a uniform style outfit, as becoming a top of the range hotel. I know the other review on here is a bad one, and it is a shame they had such a bad experience, although that can happen anywhere for whatever reason. Maybe you might be better looking on Booking.com for a wider range of views. I can not leave my feed back on there as I did not book through them. Happy holidays.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Llandudno, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2008

My Wife and I had just closed our own Hotel in North Wales, having finished working the 2008 Season. We were off to spend a few days in Northumberland and decided it would be nice to split the journey with a night out in Blackpool. We wanted to be on the Front so that we would be nice and handy to see the Illuminations when they were switched on. At the first Hotel we tried (not named) an Asian gentleman offered as the keys to 3 rooms and told us to choose whichever one we liked. We checked them over and decided it wasn’t quite what we were looking for so returned the keys thanked him and moved on.
Then came The Sandford Promenade, it looked clean and smart, so we went in and asked if we could have a Front Bedroom for a one night stay. As there had been a large turnaround in Guests that morning the male Receptionist (owner?) got his wife to physically check the 2 available rooms as he was unsure if they had been changed / serviced. During the 10 minutes or so she was upstairs we talked in a friendly manner about what the Season had been like and how directly in front of the Sandford, the Sea Defence work was progressing.
His wife called down to say both the rooms were ready, so he told us the tariff and asked for my Credit Card and that it seems is when we made a Colossal Error. My wife asked very politely, if we could see the room first. At this he change personalities completely and in an instant became totally aggressive and rude. We were told in no uncertain terms that we hade no right to ask to see the room, in fact he had brought that very point up with the 1100 strong Blackpool Hoteliers Association and wanted them to officially ban the practice. Having spent loads of money on the Refurbishment of the Sandford we should just take his word for it that everything would be alright. When we tried to explain that we always invite potential guests to “Look before they Book”, at our own Hotel, he ranted “I’ve meet your sort of trouble makers before, get out you’re not getting a room now”. As we turned to leave his parting jib was to scream at my wife “You miserable old Cow”. Fortunately she had the good sense to push me outside and I decided there is more than one way to skin a scabby cat.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — The owner Rob, who in my personal opinion, as a fellow Hotelier, is a disgrace to himself and the Profession
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
7 Thank blongb
RVallance, owner at Sandford Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2008
This person was not a customer of the Hotel, was very abusive, and cannot review a hotel that he diid not see further that the reception !
cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

we booked 3 nights week end break end of august have stayed at this hotel 3 times and booking again for october good food value for money clean rooms and clean linen staff are 100% dedicated would recommend this hotel close enough to all attractions not in busy part of town you go as customers come away as friends david shirley wigton

• Liked — clean friendly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)