“first class hotel.”
Review of The Strand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
The Strand Hotel
Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed August 26, 2009

just back from a weeks stay at the strand, from the moment we arrived until the moment we left we had an excellent time. the staff were superb, the food was fantastic great choice and plenty of it ,top entertainment ,clean modern rooms and great with the kids needs i wll definetly be going back to the strand.i would like to take this oppertunity to thank the management team and all their staff for a wonderful holiday in blackpool

Reviewed August 21, 2009

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, if we needed anything it was done while we were out enjoying ourselves.
The food was very nice and good value, with plenty to choose from.
The room was very comfortable and well looked after, fresh towels were brought in every day.
It is situated opposite the beach and north promenade, with tram lines running past so you can jump on and off easily. In just a short walk down the road you are at the north pier.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay at The Strand Hotel and will be staying there again.

Reviewed August 20, 2009

Having booked the Strand back in March for myself and my daughter, my friend told me i should check tripadvisor to see what the reviews were like.

I am really particular and after reading the through the reviews i was pleased to see so many good ones although the couple of poor reviews did concern me.
I absoloutely needent have worried this hotel was superb. From the minute i arrived with my two year old daughter we were made to feel welcome. The room was so modern and clean. It wasn't the largest of rooms but big enough and had everything you could ask for.
My daughter is very fussy eater but the chef told me not to worry and went out of his way to buy her favourite spaggeti shapes and chicken nuggetts (from ASDA) the only ones she will eat. So meal times were a joy as for my food delicious.. the diet starts now!!
All the staff were friendly and made sure i enjoyed my stay giving me money off vouchers and advising the best places to visit. I would definatley recommend this hotel and have already booked a return visit for the illuminations. Im even bringing along my mum and grandma for her 90th birthday. 4 generations holidaying together for the first timei just know that the Strand will make it extra special!!

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I recently stayed at the strand hotel with my daughter, my friend and her two sons. The staff at the hotel are very polite and accommodating.

The standard of the room was excellent with a bath and shower cubicle (no black mould to be seen in the bathroom), the room also had a lcd tv with freeview which was great for the kids.

There was also a pc with internet access located within the hotel, the staff were very good in allowing the children to play on the computer when it was not in use.

The food, well what can I say, there was lots to choose from including the kids menu, there was something on the menu to please everyone. The quality of the food all freshly cooked and the staff within the resturant were very polite. We had bed breakfast and evening meal , the breakfast included ceareal, fresh fruit, and also the choice of a hot breakfast including a full english, food is made to your liking. There was a 3 course menu for the evening meal including daily speacial and tea/coffee.

The hotel totally and truely lived up to the expections and more and was just as pictured in the brochure. I would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed August 14, 2009

The hotel was lovely and clean and staff was nice and friendly, only downside was we had a room with no view which obviously some 1 has to !!! i went with 5 friends and we asked for a room for 4 people a double and a single altho if id of realised that meant me having to sleep in a top bunk of a bed i would of not asked but by the time i got there ( my friends got the train on the friday morning and i drove through after work) my friends had already unpacked and bagged there beds so i fellt i should just put up!! we didnt realise how far on we was either as at the time of booking(booked through an agency) we got told it was near the manchester pub but that was the fault of the booking agency , not the hotel.
On the 2nd night our shower blocked just as we was all getting ready but as we had other friends in the hotel in other rooms we just jumped in thiers as we didnt really have time to go report it then wait for some1 coming out to it, we told them the next morning so im sure it was sortrd out for the next guests.
The food(breakfasts) was nice and the service was excellent altho again we was told by the agency it was a party hotel so was abit disappointed that there was not so many "party guests" it seemed more of a family hotel really.
As i said i drove through so was already aware there was only 3 spaces but there is a road at the side that had a few places but you have to be quick to get in there as well!!
All in all we had a nice break but would not return to the hotel with friends as it was abit too far out of the party scene but i would definatley return if i took my family.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2009

When we booked this hotel,like many others i wouold imagine,we read the reviews, and were a bit uneasy as to some of th comments made. WE SHOULDNT HAVE WORRIED!!.
From the minute we arrived to the minute we left, everything has been excellent. All the staff were v.friendly and helpful at all times. Our room was spotless, everything we needed was there for us and it all worked. Meals were fantastic, good menu supplemented by excellent choices of specials(changed daily),although agree about choice of sweets, could do with a wee bit more choice/change.Small portions? no way. ive eaten more in four days here than i would in a fortnight at home.Breakfasts were first class also. Overall we had a brilliant stay and a big thanks to all concerned. we enjoyed it so much we are going to book for xmas. If you want quality,quantity,value for money and good service, then this is your kind of place. many thanks.

Reviewed August 7, 2009

We booked two rooms and both were excellent. Meals were fantastic and the service great. The staff were very accomodating and friendly. The kids had a wonderfull time. Would reccommend to anyone and will stay again in the future.

1  Thank jellyfish2009