“Very enjoyable, going again next month!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Strand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
The Strand Hotel
Ranked #26 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Dorset
“Very enjoyable, going again next month!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, if we needed anything it was done while we were out enjoying ourselves.
The food was very nice and good value, with plenty to choose from.
The room was very comfortable and well looked after, fresh towels were brought in every day.
It is situated opposite the beach and north promenade, with tram lines running past so you can jump on and off easily. In just a short walk down the road you are at the north pier.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay at The Strand Hotel and will be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

Having booked the Strand back in March for myself and my daughter, my friend told me i should check tripadvisor to see what the reviews were like.

I am really particular and after reading the through the reviews i was pleased to see so many good ones although the couple of poor reviews did concern me.
I absoloutely needent have worried this hotel was superb. From the minute i arrived with my two year old daughter we were made to feel welcome. The room was so modern and clean. It wasn't the largest of rooms but big enough and had everything you could ask for.
My daughter is very fussy eater but the chef told me not to worry and went out of his way to buy her favourite spaggeti shapes and chicken nuggetts (from ASDA) the only ones she will eat. So meal times were a joy as for my food delicious.. the diet starts now!!
All the staff were friendly and made sure i enjoyed my stay giving me money off vouchers and advising the best places to visit. I would definatley recommend this hotel and have already booked a return visit for the illuminations. Im even bringing along my mum and grandma for her 90th birthday. 4 generations holidaying together for the first timei just know that the Strand will make it extra special!!

• Stayed March 2009
Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

I recently stayed at the strand hotel with my daughter, my friend and her two sons. The staff at the hotel are very polite and accommodating.

The standard of the room was excellent with a bath and shower cubicle (no black mould to be seen in the bathroom), the room also had a lcd tv with freeview which was great for the kids.

There was also a pc with internet access located within the hotel, the staff were very good in allowing the children to play on the computer when it was not in use.

The food, well what can I say, there was lots to choose from including the kids menu, there was something on the menu to please everyone. The quality of the food all freshly cooked and the staff within the resturant were very polite. We had bed breakfast and evening meal , the breakfast included ceareal, fresh fruit, and also the choice of a hot breakfast including a full english, food is made to your liking. There was a 3 course menu for the evening meal including daily speacial and tea/coffee.

The hotel totally and truely lived up to the expections and more and was just as pictured in the brochure. I would recommend this hotel.

bradford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

The hotel was lovely and clean and staff was nice and friendly, only downside was we had a room with no view which obviously some 1 has to !!! i went with 5 friends and we asked for a room for 4 people a double and a single altho if id of realised that meant me having to sleep in a top bunk of a bed i would of not asked but by the time i got there ( my friends got the train on the friday morning and i drove through after work) my friends had already unpacked and bagged there beds so i fellt i should just put up!! we didnt realise how far on we was either as at the time of booking(booked through an agency) we got told it was near the manchester pub but that was the fault of the booking agency , not the hotel.
On the 2nd night our shower blocked just as we was all getting ready but as we had other friends in the hotel in other rooms we just jumped in thiers as we didnt really have time to go report it then wait for some1 coming out to it, we told them the next morning so im sure it was sortrd out for the next guests.
The food(breakfasts) was nice and the service was excellent altho again we was told by the agency it was a party hotel so was abit disappointed that there was not so many "party guests" it seemed more of a family hotel really.
As i said i drove through so was already aware there was only 3 spaces but there is a road at the side that had a few places but you have to be quick to get in there as well!!
All in all we had a nice break but would not return to the hotel with friends as it was abit too far out of the party scene but i would definatley return if i took my family.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
west lothian,scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

When we booked this hotel,like many others i wouold imagine,we read the reviews, and were a bit uneasy as to some of th comments made. WE SHOULDNT HAVE WORRIED!!.
From the minute we arrived to the minute we left, everything has been excellent. All the staff were v.friendly and helpful at all times. Our room was spotless, everything we needed was there for us and it all worked. Meals were fantastic, good menu supplemented by excellent choices of specials(changed daily),although agree about choice of sweets, could do with a wee bit more choice/change.Small portions? no way. ive eaten more in four days here than i would in a fortnight at home.Breakfasts were first class also. Overall we had a brilliant stay and a big thanks to all concerned. we enjoyed it so much we are going to book for xmas. If you want quality,quantity,value for money and good service, then this is your kind of place. many thanks.

jellyfish2009
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

We booked two rooms and both were excellent. Meals were fantastic and the service great. The staff were very accomodating and friendly. The kids had a wonderfull time. Would reccommend to anyone and will stay again in the future.

1 Thank jellyfish2009
middlesbrough
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

stayed it this hotel for 4 night on arrival was asked for rest of money immediatley. then was shown to room which was tiny the smallest hotel room i have ever stayed in kept banging my leg on corner of bed everytime walked past as no room at all. as i was unpacking my 2 year old daughter came out of the bathroom with a disposable used razor she had found behind the door . i reported this to reception who was not concerned and said she will let cleaners know. at evening meal it was raining we were sat near the window which was leaking it was splashing on window ledge on to myself and daughter and making a puddle on the floor when told them about this they put a towel on window ledge but didnot offer to move us so had to pick my daughter out of high chair with a big slippy puddle of water under neath after the meal . meals were ok but small portions and waitress service was poor they could not do more than one thing at a time and had to ask then to serve you did not come over on there own. rooms were not cleaned the razors slide on cover remained behind the bathroom door for whole of stay , floor was not hoovered and tops werent cleaned and bin was not emptied for 2 days which has razor in . just beds made. when i went down for breakfast the next day had to ask for high chair to be cleaned as it was covered in food from night before . my daughter was promised marshmallows for the waiter/ bar man for at two meals but didnt get them she got quite upset about it man on next table had heard him and very kindly went out and bought her some himself. later on in the week did the same with a ballon and did not get her one either. my 3 friend sarrived to stay on thursday for my birthday they had phoned to book triple room with sea view as you couldnt book a triple room on line when they a rrived were given a double and a single with a view of a wall and told triple wasnt available even tho had all booking information with them at evening meal friend found hair in her meal waiter/ bar man was stood there as her had just put meal down her simply said its not mine its to long! and walked off no offer on a new meal . hotel is nice and modern but not pleased with service was the worst hotel i have stayed in

• Stayed July 2009