“Simply a Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Strand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
The Strand Hotel
Ranked #26 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
London, United Kingdom
“Simply a Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hi. I was a guest at Martin and Doug's civil partnership ceremony last Saturday and I just wanted to say thank you for making their event special; not only for them but the other guests too. The lunch was excellent and I was really surprised at fresh veg and ingredients (the evening sandwiches were delicious as well). Special mention must go to your two waitressing ladies who were really professional as were the guys behind the bar; professional but good humoured too. I used to live in Blackpool and now live and work in London and I must admit I was a bit wary about the lads using an independent sea front hotel as there are, as you know some real horrors. But your venue was great. Clean, friendly (unlike I have to say some London venues) and efficient.

Again, very many thanks.

Kind regards and good luck,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank martyn_kerswell
TheStrandManager, Manager at The Strand Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi Martin, thank you for such a great review and kind words. Everyone work so hard to try to please each and every guest and I know the team will take great pleasure in hearing such positive feedback. It was a great day and all the staff commented what a good crowd you all were, which makes their job so much easier and pleasurable!
It was a good to meet you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you're home in Blackpool next.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Prestonpans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is the second time that me and my wife have stayed at the Strand hotel.

It really disappoints me that people can write such nasty and crude comments about this hotel an the owners and staff.

Jane and Arron are the 2 of the nicest an most genuine people who you could ever meet and they try their best to make everyone happy and to me that makes great owners who love there hotel.

Food was amazing and so was the drinks!

All the staff were great yet again special thanks to Karl and Anneta who looked after us.

Katrina on reception is fantastic always smiling.

A special thanks to Arron who sorted me and my wife out with a new room and who was very accommodating.

100% going back next year!

Thanks again.

Callum and Suzanne

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Cjwilson95
TheStrandManager, Manager at The Strand Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Hi Callum and Suzanne, thank you so much for the great feedback. It was good to see you both and hear that you enjoyed yourselves once again. Everyone works extremely hard to make sure everyone enjoys themselves so it is always encouraging to hear appreciation for it. Thanks again and we very much look forward to seeing you again next year.
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

any problem any thing rong you need anything its not a problem see staff and its sorted we carnt find a problem with them . the food is great the bar .reception and service,entertaiment every night, there frendly ,helpfull and allways there for you,.me and my family stay here 4 nights every stay , bean going here now for 5 years and there is 13 of of us we love it here and all my family have booked next year try it for your self and see its great place

Room Tip: if you book early there is a room to suit every one
3 Thank guinness51
Thank you so much for the review and the positive feedback, the amount of repeat clientèle at the hotel now accounts for over 50% but it's always encouraging when you report your findings on tripadvisor to inform others - even after 5 years! We always look forward to you and your lovely family coming back and next year will no exception! Thanks again!
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have just had my Civil Partnership reception at the hotel and 11 bed rooms were taken up by my guests as well.
The level of service at the hotel was astounding ,every little detail taken care of ,the food from breakfast to reception to buffet in the evening I cannot fault the quality or the quantity .Jane and Arron the owners know there stuff when looking after guests and have some fantastic staff around them. I would always recommend this hotel not just for functions but to stay in as well .the rooms are modern and clean and within easy access of the town its an all round perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: they have rooms with sea view and non sea view its your choice
2 Thank Martin F
Hi Martin, thank you so much for the great comments and photos on what was a great day which we all enjoyed being part of. Your organisation was very impressive and the room looked fantastic which was due in part to yourself, Doug and your proud, supportive families. We are glad everything went to plan and the weekend turned out so well for everyone - some of whom we are still receiving lovely emails from. Hope to see you both soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were staying here for 2 nights for our friends wedding. The reception was held in the hotel and the staff went above and beyond to ensure that everything ran smoothly and they could not have been more friendly and welcoming. Service with a smile!
Our room was a bit on the small side but it was all that we needed, the view was lovely, the room was well equipped and the bed was comfy.
I would recommend that you take the stairs if you can though, the lift is really quite slow!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sharkleton
Thank you so much for the great feedback, it was a fantastic weekend and we were all honoured to be part of it. The team of staff are always happy to assist and you were all such a great crowd that it made it even more enjoyable. We're sorry that you considered the room to be on the small side but we feel that this is reflected in the price and hope it didn't deflect from you stay too much.
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here for four nights with wife and two granddaughters aged 6 &4 in rooms 211&212 which are adjoining. The rooms are small and at the back/side of the hotel on the second floor. The water supply to room 211 is weak and washing/showering is poor. Additionally the shower drains were matted with hair/slime and had not been cleaned for some considerable time/ever. The breakfast is good and the evening meal satisfactory but we would not stay at the hotel again if we revisit Blackpool.

5 Thank jaguar1230
Dear David, what makes your review so intriguing is the email you sent suggesting you weren’t going to write a review until you received a response. No doubt the power you had over us for those couple of days was so overbearing that you had to exercise it.

This may explain why you seem to be protesting about the issue so passionately; “poor cleaning”? Without your already proven lack of integrity this would have been even more difficult to understand but were the bed sheets, towels, carpets, furniture, dining room etc. not clean? Cleanliness 1 star?

The other intriguing aspect is the stark contrast between you and the previous, more comprehensive and detailed reviewer who only had one bathroom to share with his children. Amazingly you both paid a similar rate but you weren’t happy with having 2 bathrooms at your disposal for the same amount of people – presumably this is something you have come to expect in hotel family rooms and consider it the norm?

Whilst I am not endorsing the condition of the drain, and it was only one that had a blockage which has since been rectified, why you felt the need to look at it and put it back without saying anything until you were back home is beyond me.

I appreciate your review comes complete with excellent grammar and exemplary punctuation which is so rare in many of our previous “poor” or “terrible” reviews, but one characteristic still remains true to form and that is the “I didn’t say anything at the time, regardless of the fact that I had numerous opportunities to mention my concerns and have my issues resolved by the friendly staff, but preferred to wait until I got home before reporting my findings on tripadvisor” approach you have taken.

How depressing that you allowed this isolated incident to overshadow your five day stay causing you to overlook the more positive aspects.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here for my birthday really friendly staff great buffet breakfast and couldnt have asked for a better view when eating with a great view of the sea the room was lovely with a great ensuite the price compared to some hotels in blackpool you wont beat it its in a nice quiet area but close enough to the clubs/pubs.The hotel even kept our bags safe on departure day as our coach wasnt untill 3 would definately stay hear again and will recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank matt2968
Hi Matt, thank you so much for the great feedback. You were such a lovely couple that we very much hoped the weekend was special for you both and look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon.