“A little oasis !”
Review of The Strand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
The Strand Hotel
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our second stay, two couples, two rooms,two nights, yet again a wonderful stay. Superb rooms tastefully decorated, one sea view, both clean, warm and welcoming with all the neccessities provided. Crisp white sheets, comfy bed, lovely bathroom with white towels ( yes they were white ) and enough room to swing the preverbial cat.
Evening meal was again very good, hot foot with a good menu choice served in a lovely dining room overlooking the sea all topped of by a beautifull sunset.
Two nights of good entertainment provided in the comfortable lounge.
Breakfast was buffet style, too much choice, unlimited everything and again good quality.
Public areas of this hotel are super clean, warm and welcoming providing internet access with in house computer, library and free wifi, we couldnt have asked for more............... but we got more, THE BEST most friendly team of staff you could imagine, right from check in time to checking out,
Thanks to all, back again in April for the Titanic night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank DIYPOP
TheStrandManager, Manager at The Strand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hi all, thank you for your excellent review of The Strand Hotel. This is possibly the best team of staff we've ever had at the hotel and I know they appreciate your comments as they all work so hard to make each and every guests stay a pleasurable one - which is one of the reasons you keep coming back! Thanks again and hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

me and my partner came away for valentines weekend and it was beautiful i would highly recomend and would deffo stay again! We stayed in the king sea view room which was very big and very tidy the staff had also made and arrangement on our bed with two swans made out of towels and a heart of roses around them this took our breath away. Its a very quiet family friendly hotel and cant wait to stay again! Also close to the town centre.

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank roaryy

Thank you so much for your positive feedback for your stay with us in February, I know the housekeeping girls enjoyed preparing the room so we are glad you liked it. They were so pleased with it that they even took a few pictures which we've uploaded onto our Facebook page! We very much hope to see you both again next year, if not then before!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just got back from a three night stay with the family.

The room was clean alsong with the bathroom, The service was warm and welcoming. the food was alway fresh, tasty and plenty.
The decor was upto date and bright. When need the assistance was always quick, helpful and cheerful.
Would reccomend to friends and family and we would deffinetly come and stay again.

Room Tip: seaview are birght.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Pauline T

Hi Pauline, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad that we managed to fit you in and that you all enjoyed your stay with us on what was a very hectic week. We look forward to welcoming you all back at the hotel very soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just got back from a weekend at The Strand, with my husband and 4 year old. The hotel was easier enough to find and we found a free parking space straight away. The front of the hotel looked quite modern, but could have done with a bit of a clean. The reception and bar area that greets you as you come in was modern and clean, a good start! The girl on reception was polite and friendly and showed us to the lift, as we where on the third floor. The lift is slow but it does the job.

The room was ideal for us as a family and my little girl loved the bunk beds, we had a sea view which was nice. Just a couple of points which would have made the room better - the carpets were dirty and had not been hoovered, the window had dirt smeared all over it, and the toilet had not been flushed and there was a little 'surprise' in the bottom. The beds were clean and that's what mattered as we wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the room. We immediately went out into Blackpool and returned about 9 pm. There was entertainment in the bar so we stayed and had a drink. When we went back to our room to put our little one to bed, we found that there was no electric to our room, the lamps wouldn't work and the TV . I tried to phone reception but couldn't get a reply, so my husband went down stairs, the only person he could find was the barman. The barman said he would sort it and get back to us, in the mean time our little girl was put to bed as she was so tired. After 15 mins I phoned reception and managed to speak to somone who said we would have to move rooms for the night, just to bring the things we needed for the night. I said that I would move rooms but for the weekend not just the night, I didn't think it was ideal to keep moving rooms. We woke our daughter up and went to the room that we had been told to go, it was in the process of being cleaned and we would have to wait. My daughter was upset as she wanted the bunk beds and this room didn't, my husband decided he had had enough and that we would go back to our original room. The duty manager was very helpful and said the problem would be sorted.

The next morning we had a nice breakfast in the dining room and again the staff were very polite and helpful. We went out for the day and was reassured by reception that the rooms electrics would be sorted. True to their word at tea time when we came back the TV was working, but still no power to the lamps, at this point we just gave up and lived with it. We went back out for the evening and when we returned at 10 pm was confronted to a private party in the bar area, we wasn't told about it. A notice said that we were to use the lounge bar - it was closed!

My family was really looking forward to this break, we did enjoy oursleves in spite of the things mentioned above. I'm not quite sure how the hotel rated so high, but it just goes to show we all have different standards.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Charliestarfish
TheStrandManager, Manager at The Strand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Charliestarfish,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor, it was a pleasure to meet you and to find out that the entertainment, reserved car parking space, bunk beds and sea-view were all appreciated - even though they were neither requested by you nor charged extra for by us.

Not only are we praised regularly about the high standards of cleanliness, verbally and in previous reviews, if there was an issue then this could've easily been taken up with one of the numerous staff members shown to your room when "you had no electric" on the first evening.

I believe the team members involved did their very best to sort the problem and wonder how they could have handled it any better having been told that late in the evening. Incidentally it was only two sockets that were down which were both fixed the following morning as the lights and bathroom electrics worked perfectly fine, commendable service I would say on a situation we have never experienced at the hotel before - I'm still really not sure how you managed to do it!?

Personally I would have been appalled if there was a "little surprise" in the toilet and my standards would not have allowed me to simply accept it due to your reasoning of the fact that "the beds were clean and that's what mattered as we wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the room" - you can imagine why this justification seems a little odd, I'm not convinced - sorry.

The carpets in all bedrooms and public areas are less than two months old and are still "fluffing-up" - anyone who has ever purchased a new carpet of a high standard would know this. WARNING: Walking in socks on these new carpets can accentuate fluffing because the fibres in the socks can draw these loose fibres to the surface.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel is excellent on every level.
The entire hotel is spotlessly clean, all the decor and fixtures are of an excellent spec and the staff are brilliant!!
The food is really nice and served hot!!
The entertainment was also very good.
Although you are in a hotel, the atmosphere is just totally relaxed. You can do your own thing, at your own pace.
I would, and have indeed recommneded this hotel to family and friends.
Great place for a long weekend.

Room Tip: I stayed in a single room on the top floor. Room 301 has had a new window in it since last February...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ams1964

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Each year we try to improve the hotel for guests comfort and I'm pleased that each year you are able to see the investment and development. We look forward to welcoming you all back for your annual visit in February next year.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went to The Stand for christmas as my father had passed away earlier in the year. The hotel staff were fantastic. The food was fantastic and the rooms were very clean. The entertainment was very good. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachael H

Hi Rachael, thank you for your positive feedback for your festive break with us at The Strand Hotel. It was a great Christmas, perhaps our best yet, and we shall build on this for next years celebrations. We very much hope to see you and your lovely family again in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

First time at this hotel we arrived 30th Dec as a surprise b'thday present for my son who was 8 on New Years Day so he was delighted when we finally got there.. Upon arrival the receptionist wasnt very helpful (think her name was Abby) she looked like so fed up so we were a bit sceptical. We then got to our family room which was on the 3rd floor, the room was beautiful very modern, clean and the sea view was epic so the Receptionist was soon forgotten aboout!! That evening there was a murdery mystery pantomine during our 7 course meal well WOW this was amazing, my 3rd old daughter and son absolutely loved it. We got seated next to 2 couples from Tamworth (Diane, Geoff, Karen & Tim) couldnt have met nicer people. Jane & Aaron (owners) and there staff were all dressed up so my daughters face light up when she met Snow White :-) The 7 course meal was excellent couldnt fault it at all, Marta & Michael (waitress/waiter) were always zooming about and smiling constantly. Karl & Fran also there on hand for drinks, first class service!! Full English Breakfast on offer and you help yourself, they also had cereals/fresh fruit/drinks every morning. The entertainment was continuous which was a bonus and free coffee/mince pies were available all day. We usually go abroad for New Year however the Strand was 10 times better apart from the horrendous weather which is just the norm for UK. The beds were very comfy usually I cant sleep when I am away but slept like a log and didnt here a pin drop which was an extra bonus :-) We were due to leave on the 2nd Jan but my kids didnt want to leave so we stayed another night, it was quiet as most guests had left but Karl was still around to help my son fix his remote controlled car. We also forgot nightime pullups for our daughter and he took my hubby out at 12.30am in his own car to find a place - the guy is a legend!! Marta the waitress also went out her way on my sons b'thday she dimmed all the lights and brought his cake in at our dinner and every1 sang Happy Birthday to him, very special - Lovely Girl!! I wouldnt hesitate in going back to this hotel infact I dont think I would stay anywhere else in Blackpool. I am a very fussy person as to where I stay/eat but this hotel cannot be faulted in any way should be a 5* Well done Jane & Aaron for having such a wonderful hotel and staff we will see you again soon!! Nicky, Greig, Rio & Iris xx

Room Tip: Choose Sea View - Beautiful!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NickyGreig

Hi Nicky, thank you so much for am excellent review. It was a great New Year, possibly the best yet, which was in part down to all the guests being such a good crowd. We believe the team of staff really do go that extra mile and if that means driving you to the garage after midnight to get nightime pullups then so be it! New year is already filling up for next year with a lot of the same crowd and hopefully we'll see you all again back at the hotel too, if not then before! Thanks again.