“lovly hotel but”

and 1 more site!
The Baron
Ranked #319 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 17, 2010

the hotel was lovly and clean the gentelman serving the food was really nice and polite the lady of the hotel was very arrogant and didnt want to help or speak all the male stafe were pleasant to speake to we have been going to blackpool for many years this hotel is one of the best we have stayed in but would not go back to it

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank biggalow

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Had a Wonderful stay at the baron. Everyone looked after us wonderfully. Rooms where clean and big. Breakfast was always hot and so much choice. WELL DONE

Reviewed September 21, 2010

On a four day break both my wife and I found the hotel to be very cean,staff and proprietors extremely helpful .Difficult to find fault in any way. thanks.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

WE GOT RIPPED OFF..Paid £250 pound for Superior Room, it was freezing cold, no heating at all, 2 single beds pushed together, instead of king size bed which i thought was appalling. Pillows was hard and flat. Shower was Claustrophobic, very old shower , went hot and cold. No Clean towels in 4 day stay wanted to charge £1.50 for clean ones. Room was never serviced as promised, Breakfast only served between 8.30am - 9.15am. Breakfast very very small. Dining room way to small. Bar didnt open til 6pm, couldnt even get soft drink through day, no store close by to buy from so had to walk into town, which was 15 minute walk. Window latch was broken, could hear wind and traffic al night. The lift didnt go up to top floor where we was. No TV or music in bar. Just very very quiet. Would never ever recommend this hotel, i feel CONNED by the photographs and write up on this hotel.

2  Thank nana12345
dar_lan, Owner at The Baron, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2010

Thank you for your review. We welcome fair and constructive criticism.
Unfortunately yours in neither fair or constructive. What it is however, is highly amusing.
I would like to respond to your complaints one by one.
When it was mentioned to me you were cold in the room,I immediastely put the Central Heating on.Unfortunately several of our other guests informed me that they were too hot, and could I turn the heating off. Seeing that they were red faced and perspiring I had no alternative but to turn it off. What I did then was put a convector heater into your room for you to use. I informed you of the situation regarding the heating. We have several convector heaters for just such occasions.
It is interesting that no mention was made of this in the review.
You complain that the bed in the room you occupied is just two single beds pushed together.If only, it would save us a great deal of money.It is obvious this reviewer is not very well travelled. What we have is what is known as a Zip and Link bed which is made for the Hotel industry in order to maximise the usage of a room and costs considerably more than two single beds. We first saw one of these beds in a 5 star accommodation ..If its good enough for a 5 star establishment then its good enough for the 4 star Baron , Visit Britain and the A.A of which we are members and award the accreditations agree.
Heres the amusing bit, its actually bigger than a King size bed!
The review complains about the pillows. Had you of introduced yourself to the wardrobe (more of which later) inside you would of found two white plastics bags one marked with indelible black ink,spare pillows. In the other bag again marked in black indelible ink, spare blankets.
We move onto the en-suite shower.I hope my readers are keeping up. Old? Claustrophobic? I have in front of me an invoice to show that the room the reviewer occupied along with 8 other en-suite rooms were upgraded in Feb 2009. The other 11 were upgraded either just before or just after that date.The most recent being completed at the beginning of this year, 2010. The bills were paid and I reclaimed the VAT. Dont you just love that tax man! The shower does go hot and cold, you move the control one way for hot, the other way for cold. You do have to set it to the preferred temperature yourself or failing that get someone to move the control for you. If you refer to our website you will see our green policy regarding towels. We do say that towels are changed after two days as happened in the room you occupied.We can however understand that you would require the towels to be changed more frequently. In a word, Warpaint.Judging by the amount of make-up we found on the floor and on the towels I suspect that the Dove soap and the cosmetic wipes we supply never felt threatened.
We do service rooms daily.The operative words being,room and service. We do not offer maid service, although this could be arranged for a small fee. We do not retrieve dirty underwear,socks hair straighteners clothes and other paraphanalia from the floor, door handles shower cubicle doors and widow sills.As a forementioned there is a wardrobe and dressing tables with drawers for those items.The en-suite shower room would be less claustraphic if as previously mentioned the wardrobe and dressing table drawers were utilised properly. We do make the bed ,clean the shower and wash hand basin empty bins wash cups and replenish teas,coffee,milks etc.

Hold on in there theres an amusing bit coming up.
In the review it is stated that the breakfast was very,very small, well it would be because all that requested was toast. Breakfast is served from 8.30 we take the last orders at 9.15. I do despair, everyone is given the same information as a matter of routine regarding meal times when checking in.I reiterate, last orders are taken at 9.15.Very rarely do guests fail to understand.There is always an exception to the rule I suppose.
I am surprised it was noticed how big the dining room is as this reviewer only made it to breakfast twice. The other days appeared to be that rising at the crack of noon was the order of the day.
At last something which is accurate. Alert the media.
We open the bar at 6pm.Again when guests check in we always inform them that if they require anything, to please ask. If a drink had been requested we would have been only too pleased to serve drinks. On the subject of asking. When guests require anything from a convenience store the vast majority have the gumption to ask where the nearest store is.They are then informed if they exit the building from the rear ,cross our car park, there is a convenience store less than 2 mins walk.
If the window latch or anything else is broken and I am informed it will be repaired or replaced, again gumption required.
This review states there is no music or T.V. in the lounge/bar. I am starting to get bored now,I can only have so much fun.
There is background music,but it is not blasting out at mega-decibals.A lot of our guests like to enjoy the raz-a-matazz that Blackpool has to offer then return to a haven of peace and tranquility.
Now for my favourite part of the review. It states we are a very,very quiet Guest House .If I can refer my readers to the homepage of our website where the first few words are "we are a quiet sea front guest house".

As my dear old Dad used to say.
there are two types of people in this World, those that have something to say, and those that have to say something.
I would like to wish this young reviewer well and hope that something has been learned from the response.
As someone once said,sow the wind,reap the whirlwind (it wasnt me Dad)

Reviewed August 25, 2010

Very clean throughout. The bed was extremely comfortable and linen crisp. The room had everything needed. Breakfasts were freshly cooked and HOT. The location is only a short walk from the North PIer but far enough away to be out of the noise. No trouble parking either.
We particularly liked a relaxing nightcap in the small lounge and enjoyed the quietness of no entertainment or children under the age of 12.
Say Hello to Barnaby the African Grey. He loves to join in with you at the ;Birdie dance'.
Watch him go..

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2010

when my friend and i arrived at the baron we were greeted by a friendly chap. we sat in the clean, spacious lounge and filled in the usual registration forms. our luggage was carried up for us, and we were shown around the room. my fisrt impression of the room was how lovely the towels were. they were really white and fluffy, and arrange to look like two swans sat upon the bed. the beds were comfy and sheets clean. the bathroom was also clean. the breakfast room is lovely with beautiful pictures of striking poppies on the walls, and a red, black, white theme to match. it looks great. there was help yourself cereals, fruit , yogurt, juice, etc and a menu to order full breakfast, kippers from. the food was great and staff wore hygienic gloves. in my opinion the only bad thing about breakfast is no beans on the menu with full english. the view from our window was nice also, looking out to the sea. we used the hotel as a base to change, sleep etc but the lounge (with bar) seemed to have other guests chatting away in the evening, which is nice. a friendly, clean hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We came to Blackpool to visit the Blackpool Pleasure Beach. The Baron is just a short ride by bus or tram from there. The room was very clean. By English Standards it was very spacious. The Bathroom was very clean and very modern, the nicest and softest towels I've ever had in a hotel (US or UK). The breakfast was very nice, cooked to order, or you had a choice of a lighter continental breakfast. Kippers are available with a little notice. Both Graham and Marion are the sweetest, nicest hoteliers I've met! When we arrived, we were immediately escorted into the Lounge, asked to sit down and fill out the registration card. No standing at a desk after a long journey. While Marion explained the keys, and general things about the hotel, Graham took our luggage up to the room, and was there to show us how the TV worked, and make sure that we had no questions. We had a sea-view room on the 2nd floor that was a delight. You could make a cup of tea, sit in the chair and just watch the Irish Sea for hours. The other people in the hotel were a delight as well. You meet them in the morning for breakfast and often see them later in the evening in the Lounge. It was by far the best hotel experience I have had in the UK!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank DisneyGuy20110
dar_lan, Owner at The Baron, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

Hello Disneyguy,
thank you for taking the trouble to post a review.We hope your onward trip to and your stay in Paris were enjoyable.Marian and I are suitably embarrased by your kind comments about your break here at The Baron.We are always trying to improve things and you can rest assured we will not be resting on our laurels.Thank you once again.