“Enjoyable and relaxing”
Review of The Baron

The Baron
Ranked #319 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Just spent a 3 night break at the Baron, I must say i enjoyed it very much. It is very clean and tidy , the food was good and the management and staff very helpful and polite. My only slight gripe was that the room was a bit on the small side , but quite adequate and the price was good too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Rick H
There are newer reviews for The Baron

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We liked the warm friendly welcome which lasted throughout our stay. Graham, Marion and the staff were very accomodating and helpful. Family atmosphere of the Baron gave a homely feel for out stay. Our en-suite room was nicely decorated overlooking the seafront. Facilities included a hair dryer, wardrobe and TV. Ironing board was available on request. Choice for breakfast was veried including cereals, fruit juices and full english. The breakfast was very enjoyable with table service.

Room Tip: We were in the superior room and I would recomment this for the spacious size of the room and the be...
1  Thank happyhkv
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a weekend break in Blackpool. We stayed at The Baron and I have to say I can't think of a single bad thing to say about our accommodation.

On arrival we parked outside the Hotel which was very handy. The friendly welcome from Wayne and the clean fresh decor throughout gave an instant feeling of 'we've booked the right place here'. Our room was clean and again tastefully decorated, no dated furnishings in this place I can tell you!

My full English breakfast was lovely as was my wifes poached eggs served, once again in an immaculately decorated and beautifully furnished dining room.

In the evening before going out the small bar provided a nice drink in the (yet again) tastefully decorated lounge with a nice sea view. There has clearly been a lot of thought given to the interior design of this place and it shows, every room is simply 'a nice place to be'.

All the staff we're extremely friendly during our stay and I have to say I will definitely stay here again when I return to Blackpool and wouldn't hesitated to recommend!

1  Thank daviecolNewcastle
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Booked here as recover from operation on stomach.. had read few reviews that was mixed but booked as id rather make up own mind.. we arrived 25 mins early and had little problem with parking.. the owner came to book us in polite on arrival when she found out about my opperation she asked Bob ( man of many jobs ) to take our case up to our room on second floor we had a room at back of the hotel as we didnt intend spending much time in there, the room was clean little small but good size for myself and tina.. flat screen T.V on the wall a Full size kettle a bonus all you need in a B n B the breakfast was lovely good selection of cerials and juices and Bob running around doing more work exellent chap great customer skills ... food was spot on .. read in another review that breakfast to early .. 8.30 untill 9-15 is a good time i suggest you go camping next time. the place doesnt allow under 12 year olds which is a plus point for us.. on down side we was jumped on at 9-25 and asked for or keys when we dont need to give them untill 10.00 would come back again Bob makes this place tick..

Room Tip: any room are good not top floor as not served by the lift..
1  Thank happyraytina
Reviewed August 13, 2012

wouldnt stay here not even so much as asmile from the owner. Had the door slammed in my face when i asked for a room for me my daughter and my mum.. "we dont take kids under 12". dont crack a smile love!!!! best part of hotel was the location

Room Tip: dont bother
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
dar_lan, Owner at The Baron, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

This person did not stay here and did not have a reservation here.
Come on Trip Advisor get a grip.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and i have Just returned from a very pleasant 2 night stay at the Baron hotel, The proprietor Graham was very friendly, and welcoming, our room no: 12 was lovely, very clean and modern with a flat screen tv, hairdryer ,tea and coffe making facilities and a complimentory bottle of water, also a radio alarm clock, The shower room was small but ample for our needs and there were little complimentary shower, gel, shampoo, conditioner, cotton wool balls and buds. (Nice little touch), there was an iron and ironing board out side our room for the guests to use.. The breakfast was supurb good choice of top brand cereals, fruit juice. yoghurts and croissants on request for a continental breakfast.. Full English consisted of good lean bacon, sausage, hash browns mushrooms and grilled tomato sprinkled with olive oil and herbs and it was delicious, white/wholemeal toast, tea and coffe and even a choice of herbal teas.. The gentle man serving our breakfast was very friendly ,efficient and attentive..nothing was too much trouble for him a very pleasnat gentle man indeed.. The Baron is a lovely clean warm and wecoming hotel right on the sea front and has a small balcony so guests can sit out and enjoy the sea view whilst enjoying a drink from the well stocked and reasonably priced bar. There is an african grey parrot that lives there and he is called Barnaby, he is delightful altough he wouldnt speak for me i did hear him giving out some wolf whistles this morning as we were leaving.. will defintley go back here and would most definiltley reccomend this lovely hotel....

1  Thank susanrooney09
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Graham and Marion made us more than welcome during our stay. This is the second time we have stayed in there 4 poster room which is very elegant and cosy we found it very romantic too, everytime we have been to Blackpool we have stayed at the baron you do get what you pay for and would recommend the lovely hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2012