“IMPRESSED” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #271 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Hexham, United Kingdom
“IMPRESSED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have just spent a lovely weekend in Blackpool at the Baron Hotel. The room and en suite bathroom were spotlessly clean, comfortable and we had a beach view as promised. Our initial welcome was very warm and this friendliness continued for the duration of our stay. The breakfast's were delicious with so much choice available. Everything was cooked to order and served quickly and efficiently. When we return to Blackpool we know which hotel to choose.
Derrick and Caroline C.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Have just come back from a 2 night stay at the Baron & i have to say it is one of the best hotels in blackpool that me & my partner have stayed at, this was the second time we have stayed. Have stayed at other hotels in blackpool that are not a patch on this one.
The rooms are a very good size & spotless, the bathroom was really clean & modern & could not fault the food. I have always found the owners very warm & pleasant (especially Grahams witty banter ) & are always very approachable to resolve any issues that may arise.
Me & my partner will definately be back next year.

Littlehampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights late October with my semi-invalid mother. Overall it's a really good value excellent little hotel/guest-house - very clean, good facilities, good size rooms, comfy beds, good shower, excellent quality cooked breakfast, nice lounge with reasonably prced bar, very friendly and helpful owners. No real downsides to speak of - I see that another poster has commented on needing four of the four milk cartons per cup of coffee in the bedroom. That's true but if that is all you can find to winge about then you will never find a hotel that satisfies you - I have stayed in 5 star hotels and they use the same silly little milk cartons because, well, if you want coffee and tea facilities in the room then that's the only way to keep milk fresh. Someone else posted that several light bulbs in their room did not work. Admittedly one of the ceiling bulbs in my rather nice room was blown ... the words "life, "a" and "get" spring to mind. I shall write to the hotel to demand my money back ;-)
The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the North pier along the seafront. There are some steps up into the hotel just after the front door which I was happy to traverse when carrying my mother's wheelchair in and out. The owners have a wheelchair for client's use which they keep by the fornt door if you do not want to carry a wheelchair up these steps (as I was happy to do). Alternatively there is rear access into the hotel without any steps. The lift does only go to the second floor which meant that I had two flights of stairs to climb to my room on the top floor, but the owners had informed me about this when I 'phoned to book and I had the option of choosing a room on a lower floor with lift access had I wanted to. My mother was kindly given a room on the ground floor. All in all, excellent caring service and a really good value hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lift access if you have mobility issues.
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

we had a short 2 night stay in the 4 poster room. looking at the pictures on websites does not do the room justice. It is very clean, and roomy with fantastic attention to detail. The bed was massive, bedding very warm. I usually have to ask for extra pillows when I go away, but was more than happy with the quality and size of what we had. The hotel itself was quiet and tastefully decorated, Unfortunatly the breakfast room was a little cramped, and the full breakfast itself was a bit small, but there were other choices of fruit, cereals and juices. Also one other little niggle was the hotel did smell of cigarettes everywere except our own room. and the parrott in the lounge did like to make a mess. I found the staff very friendly and always had a smile. would recommend this hotel to the older generation.

newport shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

i have stayed at the baron many times,when i was working i stayed all over the country courtesy of a company who never argued over hotel or food bills [they did exist once] i find the baron clean freindly and mine hosts always helpful,on occassions[rare] when say a light bulb as gone it is replaced immediately,i can only say health prevailing i will be back i am not very good on my legs and they couldn`t do more to help [---]

Room Tip: just ask if you need more help
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

we stayed at the Baron i september 2011 along with my large mobility scooter, graham was a real gent & he couldn't do enough for us to assist with our stay & helping with accomodating my scooter. The hosts were extremely helpful at all times & the breakfast was second to none, thank you so much for making us so welcome, we shall return. We also saw "the Legends Show" it was fantastic value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
walsall
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

not sure how this hotel got 4 stars,just got back from a weekend stay there,the room was not too bad except there was 3 lights not working in the ceiling,shower door was off the rails and dint shut properly,the shower its self was coming away from the wall,there was no signs anywhere where the dining room was,the breakfast were very skimpy and was served on like a sandwhich plate,wasnt asked if we wanted beans or toms just got 1/2 a tom 1 sausage,1 bacon,ahs brown egg,the pot of tea we had was like dishwater must use cheapy tea bags,it says it has ample parking but it hasnt,you have to leave your car keys with the owner incase he has to move your car ,no mention of that on the website,we used our car one day when we came back we couldnt park anywhere ,on the door as you go out it says have you left your keys with reception (car keys) there is no reception what so ever ,when we left there was no have you enjoyed your stay or anything and his wife is very moody not someone you could approach ,the tea and coffee making facilities you had in your room was very skimpy 4 little milks (we needed 4 in one coffee)4 coffee sachets i suggest you buy some milk and take it with you,for £70.00 a night for a double room with breakfast in my opinion was not woth it the breakfast was very skimpy,and they dont even tell you were the dining room is and there are no signs up any where and no reception ,i would not return to this hotel and would not recomend it and the whole of downstairs stunk of fag smoke