“this is the new blackpool! hopefully.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Kenley

The Kenley
Ranked #2 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
london
“this is the new blackpool! hopefully.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Excellent in every way. first trip to to blackpool for eight years and invited to a civil ceremony it was my job to source the hotel lot of pressure!
The location on St Chads was on a very well kept street where all the hotels seem to be smarter than the front or surrounding streets.
Lived up to all the reviews the attention to detail is above and beyond decent hairdryer,clothes brush,earplugs and my other halfs favourite hallway sweetie bowl.
The breckfast was of a first class standard in quality and presentation fresh fruit in blackpool !! things have really changed.
The bed and bed linen and cleanliness was exceptional.
thankyou tony and mike for regaining my faith in blackpool

Room Tip: we stayed in rooms 1 which is at the back standard double excellent
1 Thank libbimanos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just back from a lovely weekend at the Kenley run by 2 fantastic guys Mike and Tony. This is the height of 5 Star B&B. From arriving Mike was on duty watch for one of the limited parking space on the road outside and within 15mins we had parked up for the weekend. We were in standard rooms, what an effort these guys make to cater for everything. The rooms are spotless, modern, comfortable and warm with everything you need even down to white robes and slippers. Don't expect 5* star hotel but this is easily the very best B&B in Europe. There is also free wifi. Full english breakfast lives up to the first class service, with all fresh locally sourced food cooked and presented to perfection, the fresh fruit, cereals, toast, juice, brewed coffee. We all had the evening meal which you would struggle to beat in a high class restaurant, just check out some of the photos. If only other B&B's came somewhere near to this standard we wouldn't have a problem in this country, if you are a B&B owner go and stay there and see why they are No 1!
Tony and Mike you are a credit to Blackpool and the industry, thanks for making our stay the best. Kes, Laraine, Carole, Alan. Sheffield

1 Thank Kesilar
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights here, the nicest hotel ive ever stayed in! You wouldnt think youre in blackpool! On arrival bags were taken to room and we were offered a brew and given cake which was a nice welcome, The decor is amazing in the bar area, dining room and bedroom and is spotless everywhere, the fish tank is lovely and the retro games machine is addictive! Little touches in the room ear plugs, bottled water, mini shampoos etc and good range of hot drinks is nice i think there were slippers/robes too. Both hosts do a great job running this hotel, breakfast lovely good choice and fresh, i hate it when you get greasy cheap breakfast but here everything tasted great, we had 3 course meal which for £15 each was a bargain and again lovely perfect tasty food and plenty of it, i was stuffed all night! Bar drinks are well priced and lots of choice, location of hotel is in a nice smart street and nearer the pleasure beach end, we parked at the top end of the street ehich was payable to another business, which was £5 per 24hrs, theres free on street parking along 1 side but as lots of hotels hard 2 get a space but was expected so didnt bother me. All in all id recommend this hotel to anyone and if i go to blackpool again il go here, thanks and well done to the owners they deserve their no 1 on here!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank iluvmyholz
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I was in Blackpool for business and thought I'd give a BnB a go rather than a hotel as I like peace and quiet and hotels tend to be noisy. I slept amazingly! Bed was very comfortable. The place is spotless and Tony and Mike are very hospitable and accommodating. Would highly recommend for anyone visiting Blackpool. Great value for money.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Debra79
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just back from another brilliant stay with my very special 'Bops' Lynne at our favorite hotel, this time with our hubbies to celebrate my 50th. As always Tony & Mike greeted us like old friends and treated us like royalty. They went above and beyond, and at dinner our table was beautifully decorated to celebrate my birthday, and included a complimentary bottle of Rose wine and a lovely card. I didn't think it was possible to improve on anything at the Kenley but these guys are passionate about their beautiful establishment and never rest on their laurels ~ along with total redecoration/refurbishment in some of the bedrooms, all the amazing rooms (not just the deluxe) now have bath robes & slippers and other extra little touches like comprehensive information binders & hairdryer holders. When it comes to delivering a first class service they could show the finest hotels in the world a thing or two! As always the food was delicious, beautifully served, and plentiful. In the words of Lynnes husband Glenn, every meal is "A party in your mouth!" I can't thank Tony & Mike enough for spoiling us all and making my special weekend even more special. Can't wait to get back in August with more of the family, (including my lovely Dad, Sister, & Niece who haven't been before) so they can enjoy the wonderful experience that is the KENLEY! Thanks again Tony & Mike, you are a credit to Blackpool ~ Heather & Lee x

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

As my Wife loves Blackpool so much we went again and I now demand that we always stay at the Kenley. The best part of my trips to Blackpool is returning to the Kenley in the evening! It is simply the best place that we have found to stay in England. We have been on our adventures in the UK this year and stayed at plenty of hotels, B&B's and Apartments which have got great reviews on trip advisor but the Kenley beats all of these hands down. If I could score higher that 5 on trip advisor I would for the Kenley. Mike and Tony are always welcoming and each time they surprise me in making the Kenley better! I don't know how they do it!

The bed i n the room we stayed in was huge! It was one of the best nights sleep I have had for ages and my wife's fidgeting went unnoticed as she was on the other side of the bed!

To sum up my review.. "Simply Suberb"

Thank you Tony and Mike you really do run the best Hotel.

Room Tip: Seriously any room will amaze you!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Troon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Fantastic place! more like a 5 star hotel! everything was perfect, especially the bed, so comfy kept going back to it after breakfast! hadn't been in Blackpool for years, now cant wait to go back just to stay here again. Tony and Mike are lovely guys looking forward to seeing them again, will definately try the superking delux room next time, cant wait!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple