“Great hotel ,Jane and Mat made our us vary welcome. Would certainly recommend this hotel.”
Review of Windsor Hotel

and 1 more site!
Windsor Hotel
Ranked #292 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights. Great breakfast, nice friendly bar. The staff were all really friendly and helpful. Great parking , Matt ensured we had parking at the back of the hotel. The rooms were as described , neat and well presented.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked this bnb at short notice 2 days before and chose four poster bed.
On arrival matt gave up a car space so I could park which was a really nice thing to do for customers. Check inn was quick and everything was explained for us. We was allocated room 4 and it was the blue room four poster which I had hoped to get when booked. It was lovely everything u need in there for a stay even a hair dryer and sette lots of storage places, bed was really comfy I slept very well.
Breakfast was served by Jane and she was very polite and friendly I felt comfortable which is good food was lovely and filling. Plenty of choice.
Lovely overall stay cannot fault it faboulas owners and will deffo be back for the blue room and trying the waterpark near aswell :) Thanku for everything matt and Jane!!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My sis and I booked this hotel back in October 2011 for my mum's surprise 50th Birthday. They were not only amazing on our stay but prior to this by helping me to arrange balloons and banners for in mums room. They certainly went above and beyond.
The hotel was clean and the En-suite in each room was a bonus. They also helped us to sort taxi's to go to Funny girls. My mum was treated so well and they just added to her birthday surprise.
I will also add their breakfast was fab (even with a hangover). We had plenty of laughs with them. Thanks for making our trip even better and making my mums birthday that extra bit special. See you in October!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice place to stay and rooms were clean but small. It was alright for one night but more than that I would have felt claustrophobic. I wasn't happy that you weren't allowed to drink alcohol in the room nor allowed to use electrical appliances for your hair. At £55 a night you should be allowed the leeway! Walls are quite thin and heard every 'groan' from our next door neighbours at 3am, plus there was no air as the larger window didn't open and the temperature was high! Breakfast was nice, plentiful and came quickly after ordering. The location is very good and the owner was very welcoming and friendly. Have stayed in better and bigger places for cheaper and will probably shop around more next time.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very good service provided from Jane. the rooms are very cosy and comfy. The breakfast is delicious. The hotel is very close to the beach and to the attractions. Nothing bad to say. It was an amazing experience. Will be visiting again when going to Blackpool. Thank you Jane ;D

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Windsor cannot be accused of false advertising, their small double is indeed as small as it gets and I suppose that because we were there for a short stop over and just required a be/shower, I should be satisfied that because this is what we booked, but I'm not - simply because of the amount of competition and that I have stayed in other places for the same price for more.

Yes it's a good location, but there are plenty of others along this road and in the surrounding areas, yes it's clean, but I don't think this should be a plus point, rather a given, yes the selection at breakfast was good, it did arrive quickly, was hot and was well cooked - but it wasn't excellent, the sausages for me were the cheap variety rather than being meaty and the seating was cramped - I was able to see what the lady on the table next to me was looking at on her phone. T

The couple that run this hotel are extremely friendly and welcoming and there is a wide range of material to chose from in the communal area but the thing that got to me about the hotel were the amount of signs prohibiting - perahps this is now the norm in small establishments but do I really need 3 no smoking signs in the room? I'm a non smoker but do smokers really think that they can get away with it nowdays? On top of the no smoking were signs forbidding any eating or alcohol in the room for hygene reasons (it doesn't say no drink, just no alcohol) plus the non allowance of electrical items for fire hazzard. Being in Blackpool I wanted to use my hair straighteners before I went out but didn't.

As I said previously, perhaps this is the conduct of many hotel establishments but it felt like I was back at school with overkill on the do nots - including do not take reading material from the room - ok I won't walk around Blackpool with the advertising?

The bed was a bit soft for my liking but this isn't a criticism, each to their own and the hoteliers cannot be responsible for this, the shower was excellent, the sheets exceptionally soft, the temperature just right and the decor ok. I slept well, although it wasn't as quiet for me as some previous reviewers have stated; we were in room 1 and were disturbed by other guests arriving later that we did on the Saturday night.

All in all, for the money it was ok, but I think I'll try somewhere else on my next visit.

Room Tip: A small double is a very small double.