“Excellent”

and 1 more site!
Windsor Hotel
Ranked #289 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very good service provided from Jane. the rooms are very cosy and comfy. The breakfast is delicious. The hotel is very close to the beach and to the attractions. Nothing bad to say. It was an amazing experience. Will be visiting again when going to Blackpool. Thank you Jane ;D

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Windsor cannot be accused of false advertising, their small double is indeed as small as it gets and I suppose that because we were there for a short stop over and just required a be/shower, I should be satisfied that because this is what we booked, but I'm not - simply because of the amount of competition and that I have stayed in other places for the same price for more.

Yes it's a good location, but there are plenty of others along this road and in the surrounding areas, yes it's clean, but I don't think this should be a plus point, rather a given, yes the selection at breakfast was good, it did arrive quickly, was hot and was well cooked - but it wasn't excellent, the sausages for me were the cheap variety rather than being meaty and the seating was cramped - I was able to see what the lady on the table next to me was looking at on her phone. T

The couple that run this hotel are extremely friendly and welcoming and there is a wide range of material to chose from in the communal area but the thing that got to me about the hotel were the amount of signs prohibiting - perahps this is now the norm in small establishments but do I really need 3 no smoking signs in the room? I'm a non smoker but do smokers really think that they can get away with it nowdays? On top of the no smoking were signs forbidding any eating or alcohol in the room for hygene reasons (it doesn't say no drink, just no alcohol) plus the non allowance of electrical items for fire hazzard. Being in Blackpool I wanted to use my hair straighteners before I went out but didn't.

As I said previously, perhaps this is the conduct of many hotel establishments but it felt like I was back at school with overkill on the do nots - including do not take reading material from the room - ok I won't walk around Blackpool with the advertising?

The bed was a bit soft for my liking but this isn't a criticism, each to their own and the hoteliers cannot be responsible for this, the shower was excellent, the sheets exceptionally soft, the temperature just right and the decor ok. I slept well, although it wasn't as quiet for me as some previous reviewers have stated; we were in room 1 and were disturbed by other guests arriving later that we did on the Saturday night.

All in all, for the money it was ok, but I think I'll try somewhere else on my next visit.

Room Tip: A small double is a very small double.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Comfortable bed, great shower, excellent breakfast & more importantly wonderful experience! Location was ideal for all the attractions but wasnt directly on the promenade so was fairly quiet! First time my boyfriend & i have been in blackpool in 12 years & we will definately be back! We were in Room 7 & it was clean & comfortable! owners were very friendly & couldnt do anything enough! Going to book again later in the year & will book here! Thanks matt & jane for the great experience!

Victoria & paul

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at Windsor Hotel with a group of friends. It was absolutely fabulous quaint B&B. My girlfriend and I had one of the four-poster bedrooms and it definitely added to the romance that weekend.

Because it was one of the first warm weekends, we thought the hotel was empty because we had a great night sleep. We found out the following morning that there were actually another 10 guests staying at Windsor. Well done on sound-proofing!

It is only a couple of mins off the main boulevard, in a quiet street. Plenty of parking and a private car park around the back. Walking distance to all main attractions, including Pleasure Beach.

Plus, complimentary (cooked) breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: Go for four-poster
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ewa Marcin M
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Always nervous coming to b&b's in Blackpool as your never sure what you will get.

Lucky for us the Windsor is all you can want, clean, polite and happy staff, great shower, comfy bed....and a great breakfast.

We were in Blackpool for my dad and brother to do the marathon, the owners started breakfast early to account for the runners so they could get food in early!! Very thoughtful!

Enjoyable stay and would definitely recommend and one stay here!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Myself and my wife were a bit unsure as we normaly stop next door, but we had nothing to worry about as we had a great stay even as we didn't meet the Hosts till the last day who were very nice and we were looked after by the rest of the family. The Breakfasts were ok but I missed my hash browns and Blackpudding and mushrooms would of been nice. The Hotel is very clean and Matt and Jane made us very welcome when we finally met them, hoping to return later in the year and hopefuly have a drink and proper chat with Matt and Jane.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just back from a 1 night stay at the Windsor hotel. Myself and my husband went for one night to celebrate my birthday, we were greeted by Jane who was a fantastic host and nothing was too much trouble, we forgot our toothpaste and mentioned this to jane and within a few minutes she re appeared with a tube of toothpaste for us. Our room was room 10, a 4 poster room, it was superb. We had champagne on ice and a beautiful bunch of flowers waiting in the room upon request from my husband a few days earlier. The room was warm and cosy, very clean, had everything we needed. Location is fantastic, at night could hear nothing, slept very well. Breakfast was lovely, lots of choice. Thankyou to the windsor, we will definatley be going back again this year.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple