“Remarkable service for value”
Review of Claremont Hotel

Claremont Hotel
Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Remarkable service for value”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is our 4th stay at Claremont and we have had a brilliant time each stay. Very clean hotel with great rooms and service. Food is lovely with lots of choices and great entertainment each evening, hosted by Ryan the compare. Very friendly staff. We will be back next year x

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Ebonyballs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2014

A party of 15 of us have just returned from a weekend break jan 10th -12th at the Claremont there is only one word to use and that's "Fantastic". It was my girlfriends Birthday and we wanted to make it special and the staff at the hotel made it special and went out of their way to do so.
Check in was fast and professional, our room was amazing it had a double bed and 2 singles and a cot for my daughter and it was spotless housekeeping should be proud. Both evening meal and breakfast was fantastic, hot plates and red hot food, the food was lovely on both nights it was better than some 3-4 star hotels. One staff member in particular called Laura who was the waitress on the Friday night was first class she went out of her way to make the night special and she did.
All in all a fantastic all inclusive break"Thank You"

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Arrived at the Claremont on Sunday 5th Jan for a 5 night stay with my niece and from beginning to end it was a lovely experience.The staff in all departments are the most courteous I have had the pleasure to meet as nothing was too much trouble for them,the food was absolutley great well presented, hot and delicious,the entertainment was a welcome bonus ,hats off to the staff and in particular Ryan who provided us with a lot of belly laughs,bar staff were excellent and though it was free drinks we didnt have to wait long to be served in fact the most I ever seen in a queue was 4 so well done.Cleaninig staff were great and unobtrusive and our room was always cleaned to a good standard,I have stayed in many hotels in Blackpool and although the decor needs a little tlc i would put this hotel up there with the best, well done to all who helped us have a great stay Will definately stay here again and will sing its praises to anyone who will listen

2 Thank dippy_nan_bread
Selby, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Just returned after spending a weekend on an all inclusive basis at the Claremont, we met up with some friends who we'd met the previous summer in Egypt, anyway although it was slightly cooler in Blackpool than Sharm, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the room was basic but perfectly acceptable & most importantly very clean, the food was superb, the drink package brilliant, the kids loved the swimming pool & the evening entertainment was very good, all in all an excellent weekend had by all, we'll certainly be returning at some point, way better than 2* rating!!!

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Matthew B
Sheffield
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We went to the Claremont Christmas 2012 and enjoyed it so much we rebooked for 2013 before we went home.The food was good both at lunchtime and dinnertime we couldn't fault it,so this year we had no worries about what our stay would be like.
What a differance a year makes, Ok we knew it was an old tired hotel, but the food . the entertainment and it being all inclusive counted for a lot.
Now we did try the lunch once,it was a bit like a free for all, but it was really bad. chicken thighs which are usually tasty, were the skinniest chickens I'd ever seen, all skin and bone, We didn't bother again as it was served other days and seemingly was just as bad.
Now lets talk about Christmas day ! I have cooked many Christmas dinners in my time , but at 70, I wanted someone to look after me, now our seats were in the sun lounge and very sort after, but on this day we would all have changed places with the people in the normal dining room, because their Christmas dinners did come on time, unlike ours. We had our starters then the waitress disappeared, we were all looking round at each other until someone did ask what was wrong? The answer was "we didn't do enough veg" well they'd had our money long enough to know exactly how many guests there were, then we heard " the veg isn't cooked yet" well the other guests had had their dessert and left?? Then we heard "the oven had broken down" We didn't know if any of these excuses were true because no one in authority bothered to come and tell us.
Then our dinner came, a slice of turkey covered in gravy that had set solid and cold, three sprouts about six carrot batons, one roast potatoe, two small new potatoes, no bacon, no chipalatas, but to add insult to injury half a sausage???? Good God I've never served half a saugage to anyone in my life!!
I found the manager Marcus, I asked him what had happened, he said why thats a normal portion? I said well I've waited an hour for this, and its not fit to eat so I left it on the side, I went back to my seat and another manager came Emma I think her name was, and she said the veg had took longer than they thought, I said how long does a spoon full of frozen peas take? she said they were not frozen, so I asked her if she yad sat and podded the peas then, and she said no thats how they came so I said Frozen then? she said no steamed? well even steaming doesn't take that ammount of time. After all this fiasco we went to try and get seat in the "ballroom" this was a riduculous situation people were carrting tables and chairs from anywhere they could, it was areal struggle to get a seat, In front of me a family finished up putting their chairs on the dance floor, when suddenly Marcus bounded through the door and shouted at one of these old men, he shouted " don't you ever walk away from me when I'm speaking to you, and don't ever tell me what to do, I'm the manager and no one tells me what to do!! I felt so embarrassed for this old guy and thought how lucky Marcus was that it wasn't a younger man, or perhaps that was the reason he spoke to him as he did.
I filled in the form which tells the hotel how much we enjoyed it, but thinking that it would never see the light of day I decided to send it to the owner, this proved rather difficult so I sent it to head office thinking it would go to the right person, well no it didn't it went to Marcus, who did admit the Christmas lunch was unacceptable, but he said I was so rude and insulting I;d upset Emma and I'd left her in floods of tears??
There was no offer of compensation at all, and it appears the owners don't read any complaints hence Marcus replied to me.
I have no idea what went wrong, but we payed almost £1000.00 for two of us for Christmas, so whoever the owners are, I think we, and others had a raw deal and that you should be looking at your complaints as you seem to be out of touch with your clients
MRS M.D,CROOKES

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Maria14Sheffield
Bury,Lancs.

Couldn't fault it !
The service was excellent, the food delicious and upgrade to a family room with sea view. could not have asked for more. Incredible value for money.
Only suggestion for the future - to consider ocassional no kids weekends !

Room Tip: Most twin rooms are bigger than the doubles
1 Thank Colin D
UK
Reviewed January 13, 2014

A large group of couples booked The Claremont for a post-Xmas / birthday bash.
This was the first time for some of us.
Having had a bad experience in Lytham a couple of weeks ago, we needed something extra special to perk us up.
We found this with The Claremont - it most enjoyable & excellent value for money.
After being lucky enough to grab a parking space, & a swift & efficient check in, we found our sea-view room.
This contained all the necessary & promised facilities: hairdryer, kettle etc, en-suite (albeit a little compact!) complimentary toiletries etc.
An information board in reception clearly showed the itinery, plus several information sheets in the rooms also offered advice, and reception never had less than 2 staff whenever I passed.
Our all-inc wristbands provided free pre dinner drinks, then after a quick shower & change we were shown to our dinner table.
Staff had gone to the trouble of decorating the table with complimentary birthday confetti, streamers & napkins.
The food/restaurant at all times - dinner, breakfast - was wonderful. Tasty. great choice. Piping hot plates, swift efficient service by pleasant staff.
The entertainment room next to the adjoining bar area was well set-out.
Entertainment by comedians & singers each night was very good. (Maybe those with small children could consider being moved into the adjoining bar area, when later-night comedy was clearly tailored to an adult audience?).
All the time staff were clearing tables of empty glasses. If a drink was spilled staff attended to it immediately & professionally.
Morning after - Rooms were cleaned & tidied whilst we enjoyed a full english tasty breakfast.
Free Tea, Cappucino, Coffee, Hot Chocolate etc is always available & very welcome after a cold day out.
I enjoyed a swim in the pool whilst there - again I found staff re-stocking pool towels etc.
Whatever department - Staff were always available, attentive and pleasant.
On check-out the bill was correct, Car keys returned & payment taken, all swiftly & efficiently.
Will I use this hotel again - Certainly.
Will I recommend - Definately.

Room Tip: Corner rooms nice & large. Sea view rooms not worth the higher cost.
1 Thank TheDogsDooDahs