“Excellent Value and Service”
Review of Claremont Hotel

Claremont Hotel
Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Over the years we I have attempted to make a reservation to stay at this hotel, however on the dates that I could travel they had always been fully booked.
Consequently I have stayed at most of the Hotels in the area and enjoyed them, however for quality and value the Claremont leaves them all behind.
The room was excellent with good sea views if I had to make a criticism it would be that the bathroom was on the small side and that the bath/shower was quite high which is a problem for older guests.
The Restaurant was excellent with a good selection of all courses for dinner and the breakfast was first class.
Also the bar/cafe offered an excellent menu for bar lunches at very reasonable prices.
It was interesting to note that the hotel was fully booked up over the 4 nights of my stay and everyone I spoke to in the hotel was on a return visit.
Repeat business is the best reference in the world.
Thanks for a great time hope to be back early in 2014.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the elevator area gets a little loud when the bar is closing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,589)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff are good .food is top quality. Rooms are very clean.entertainment is good, Marcus the manager is very helpful and will do his best for you to enjoy your stay there.the hotel is a short walk into town.I have stayed many many times and enjoyed then all. John and teresa

Room Tip: All rooms are good Marcus the manager is very good and helpful
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We booked this hotel after searching for a hotel on the front which would suit our family. We booked a family room for myself, my husband and 3 year old son. On arrival at reception, the young receptionist very hastily checked us in, all the while looking over my shoulder at goodness knows what! She spoke extremely quickly and I had to ask her to repeat what she had said twice. As I walked away, she called me back to say she had made a mistake and gave me the information again which AGAIN was very difficult to understand! I smiled politely...On the way up to the room I gathered my first impressions of the hotel...chipped paint work, skirting thick with layers and layers of paint, a distinct smell of boiled cabbage, dated decor and, on the fourth floor a very sticky door. Our room was tiny, the bathroom in particular was minuscule. We struggled to use the toilet (we are both slim of the build might I add!). The window in our room was filthy and we were hugely disappointed. That evening, we went down for dinner. The front part of the dining room seemed passable but the part reserved for families was disgusting. Our tiny table was covered in cutlery and we had to wait about 20 minutes before we were served. Staff were disinterested and our starter was brought out immediately suggesting it may have been sitting waiting...The food was greasy and disgusting. The windows in the dining room were smeared with marks and the floor and carpet were littered with trod-in food. It made me sick! That night we went to the bar only to be given a filthy glass covered in lipstick. Our 3 year old was given a roasting hot fruit shoot as the fridge had "broken down". We left sharply the next morning as there was an emergency at home (our booking was for 4 nights). The lady at reception was nice enough and told us that if our room was re-let then they would reimburse us and they would call us to let us know (We are still waiting on the call, despite phoning the hotel to find out, and we have been home a week now!) When we went to our car which we had had to park in one of the back streets as the hotel car park was full, we found it had been 'keyed' and there was a massive scratch down one side. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone with standards.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
1  Thank JDLOVERS
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Our group consisted of my wife and self, plus my wife's twin sister and husband.

We come back to the Claremont at this time each year to celebrate the ladies' birthdays, the fifth of October. So we must enjoy our experience at the hotel in order to come back each year!

From our arrival on Sunday afternoon, until our departure on Friday, we experienced really friendly, top service. From the receptionist arranging a non-slip mat for the bath, to restaurant staff serving our food and drink, just right for us all.

Our room had a great sea view and we managed to get some super sunset pictures, looking out to sea from our window. The room was spotless as was our on-suite bathroom.

Located within walking distance of the Tower and shops, at least for us fellas. The ladies used the tram or bus, with the stops located within yards of the hotel entrance.

Again, we used the famous trams, and buses, to visit towns, with their markets, up and the coast. Having tea and coffee making in the room, we could have a cuppa while relaxing before getting ready for dinner.

As there is only one lift, it gets very busy when going down to breakfast, and, in particular, at change-over time on Friday morning.

We are coming back in February for more of the same.

Room Tip: Choose a room with on the front, and on floor three or four, for a great view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have just had an excellent stay at the Claremont we vist the hotel a couple of times a year but in October we bring the family with us & this year my sons in laws came for the first time

We all enjoyed the hotel the staff are so friendly & helpful nothing is a problem to any of them

Now the only fault with the Claremont is it is a very warm hotel now that's not bad if it's the only fault we could find between 8 adults & 1 child

Well done see you on our next visit

Room Tip: We like the 2nd floor as you don't hear the entertainment
Reviewed October 25, 2013

stayed at claremont with my daughters last weekend. everything was spotless in the rooms. food good for the price we payed for the weekend..swimmingpool was good and clean. We all had a aromatherapy massage while we were there and it was really good, would recommend it.Had a really good weekend

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our third visit within 12 months and this time with friends. Nice location especially for bus and tram stops and taxis outside the door. Room with a view excellent, clean and nicely furnished. Food top quality and plenty to eat. Very friendly service in restaurant, bar and at reception. Good entertainment couldn't ask for better. See you soon. Would recommend to couples, families and friends.

Room Tip: Sea view worth the extra pennies
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends