New Hacketts Hotel
  • Pool
Doric Hotel(Blackpool)
Hotel Sheraton(Blackpool)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturkey and tinselgreat entertainmentexcellent value for moneythe ritzfantastic weekendcouldn't do enoughmy mumlong weekendfull englishbingoberniesingerbreakpensionerslaughtramfleetwood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here with Just Go holidays from 1st Oct to 5th Oct. Got back 10 mins ago. We told the driver that we had read bad reviews on Trip Advisor. He said the Hotel had assured him they were written by ex-employees. We soon found out he was wrong. The receptionists weren't very polite, in fact I would say aggressive. The whole hotel is dirty and run-down. It is on the sea front, but the windows are so filthy you cant see out properly.The 1st room we were given had a double bed pushed up against the wall.You would only be able to get in from 1 side. the door opened onto the bed.The space in the room was as wide as the door.The shower was filthy and the handle came off in my hand. We were given another room, but only when I agreed to pay another £20. The next room was more than double the size.It had a double bed and a single bed.The shower wasnt wide enough for my husband to get in. We were told it was a refurbished room. The sink has a crack in it and was chipped.The beds had coiled spring mattresses on, so you could feel every spring. There were no mattress protectors. The carpet was dirty and stayed that way the whole time we were there.There was toothpaste on the wall by the toilet roll holder when we arrived. It was still there when we left, as was the hair on the wall in the shower.The shower, basin, (and shelf above basin), carpet, shelf where kettle was, and cups were not cleaned the whole time we were there. The bin was emptied daily and the duvet was straightened. It was a sea front room, but we couldnt see out it was sooo dirty. Unbelievable!! The dining room did not open for breakfast until 08.30 every morning. The waiters/waitresses in the dining room were very hard working and polite. A can of Tango from the bar cost £1.45 !
Lettering is missing from the front of the Hotel. Door handles are broken. The fire door at the top of one of the flights of stairs has a 2inch gap at the bottom. It is so heavy that I felt I was being pushed down the stairs and it caught my shoe at the back on the 2nd day. Ms Robinson at Just Go holidays wasn't interested when I phoned to advise that they should come and inspect the hotel before sending any more guests there. It is more like a Hostel for Homeless people than a holiday hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KatyfromWorthing
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed in this hotel 17th - 21st September 2012, the so called double room was a single room with a double bed. There was no wardrobe,sorry a cut out in the wall with a rod with hangers and a shelve, a small bedside cabinet, my husband had to live out of his suitcase which you had to remember not to trip over. A small window could not be closed properly. The lift was old and very worrying, it made all sorts of weird noises when running, you were lucky if it stopped even with the floor, very dangerous, Health and Safety should inspect it. The staff in the restaurant although very pleasant and wellmannered,most did not have a clue, your order was taken and you were lucky they remembered to come back with your food. I ordered my breakfast at 8.20am and it did not arrive on my table until 8.45am. The pictures on the website are definately misleading if our room was an example, you could upgrade supposedly for £2 per person per night, but you shouldn`t have to going with the Hacketts York House Website,. Everyone in the hotel we spoke to said they could not wait to leave and get home. I would never reccommend this hotel to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ann M
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at the hotel with family and friends this weekend and shocked to how disappointing I was with the hotel. Great location, friendly enough staff, but the food was disgusting...you wouldn't feed your dog the food they served. Didn't cater for vegetarians and to much more disappointment the food for non veggies was poor....cold, dry, tasteless, and portions really small. For the price you pay for your stay I would definitely not recommend a stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank TNINN
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My partner and I have just spent a most enjoyable 5 days at this hotel in Blackpool. Staff were all extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel itself is clean and tidy. They have excellent cabaret acts on in the evenings with very reasonable bar prices. I suspect some of the dining room staff were new as there were a couple of them who seemed harassed but waiting times for food was reasonable. Food quality was generally very good except for one evening meal where the chicken was as dry as cardboard.
The hotel even offered packed lunches for us on the morning of departure which we felt to be a very nice gesture.
The hotel is excellent value for money and the room we had was a good size and although the bathroom was small it fulfilled it's purpose. The plumbing noises from the adjacent rooms were noticeable but not problematic.
Although we were on a coach holiday and did not have a choice where to stay, if given the option I would choose the Hacketts York House.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kenonly
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We went to this hotel with two other couples for a friends wedding .rooms were great value for money. Food was fantastic as always staff was great could not do enough for us for us.16 of our family and friends booked another hotel .they had problems smell and dirty disabled mother put on third floor no lift I spoke to bernie and Ann they put every effort in an we. Moved them to Hackett.family and friends said they really in joyed there stay and would not use another hotel as staff and food and entertainment was fab a big thanks to bearnie and staff for all there help from Ian and Maureen and family and friends see yous soon booked new year for family and friends

Room Tip: Book upgrade room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family