“not worth the money”

and up
SEA LIFE Blackpool Admission Ticket
Ranked #16 of 85 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Showcasing more than 50 dazzling displays and more than 2,000 spectacular aquatic creatures including tropical sharks, colourful reef fish, octopus, rays and sea horses, SEA LIFE Blackpool is the perfect way to experience the wonders of underwater life without getting wet. Explore the magic of the world's oceans and journey from the coast and sandy shallows of the great British shoreline to the equatorial rainforest of the Amazon and into the tropical depths of the ocean.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We paid £27 each that was for access to Madame Tussauds and sealife centre. We really enjoyed Tussauds but the sea life centre was a big disappointment, there were big sections closed, which you were not told about when you purchased tickets. I really think there should of been something else put in instead of paying the normal price. Maybe a game of crazy golf, which is next to sealife centre, you come out into it.

1  Thank lindarSouthport
Write a ReviewReviews (3,333)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I clicked directly from google to the buy tickets section where it does not tell you about the closed sections - cue really disappointed children when we got there, but since we had booked and paid on line there wasn't much we could do.
It is really small - even with dawdling kids it only took us about 40 mins to get round, really disappointed about the shark tunnel, two further attractions shut in the gift shop and the photo was terrible quality at the end.
Would only reccomend if you got really cheap deals as other wise it is a rip off

1  Thank vls137
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We took our Grandchildren for a TREAT!?!?! - What a SCAM!
I would not recommend this place. Total let down. We were in and out in less that half an hour. Should be closed - READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE PARTING WITH YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY - YOU WONT GET IT BACK - B E W A R E !!!!!

2  Thank cumonyooreds
JennNewton, General Manager at Sea Life Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hi,

Please can you contact jenn.newton@merlinentertainments.biz to discuss your recent visit further.

Kind Regards

Jenn

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Me, my partner and two daughters visited( 5yrs and 13mths), cost us £45 just to get in which was abit of a shock, it took us about 20 mins to walk round, as different areas were closed and the shark area was closed, this being the case they shouldnt be charging people full prices to get in! Another problem we found was the toilets being half way round the building, having one daughter still in nappies we had to try and find the toilets which where half way round the sealife centre then walk back to the start, they should be situated near the entrance,

2  Thank Natalie R

Hi,

I would like to discuss your recent visit to us further. The toilets in the attraction are situated towards the end however we do have access for all our customers to use the toilets in the Golf and staff are available to show people through the quickest way.
With regards ot the closure of the ocean tunnel it is closed as we are carrying out essential maintenance work in the tunnel we have closed the area. We have clearly advertised this on our website and on the admissions desk when people enter the attraction. I would like for you to contact me on jenn.newton@merlinentertainments.biz to discuss this further as i would liek to resolve your feelings towards your visit

Kind Regards

Jenn

Reviewed February 1, 2013

me my husband and 1 year old went to blackpool sealife centre 1st feb it was absolutley appauling, such a rip off its cost us £30 to get in, and we were in there a maximum of 30 mins and that included time for my 1 year old in the rubbish soft play area although it was really jst a ball pit! To top it all off the main attraction the shark tunnel was closed for refubishment as was the cafe! Due to this I think there deffinatly shud of bin a reduction on the ticket price! To sum it up a complete waste of money if I were u I would save ure money fi something else to do!

1  Thank Mummymanda

Hi,

We take our customer reviews extremely seriously and we do not want our customers to leave us feeling the way you do. Unfortunately the Shark Tunnel is closed at the moment as we have had to carry out essential maintenance work in the tank and are upgrading it - to compensate for this we are offering the Golf attraction for £1 to all SEA LIFE Customers aswell as Behind the Scenes Tours.
I would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you and would like it if you could contact myself jenn.newton@merlinentertainments.biz.