“Good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belgrave Madison Hotel

Belgrave Madison Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blackpool
Belgrave Madison Hotel
Ranked #64 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My partner, my friend and I stayed at this hotel from 08/07/13 to 12/07/13. My first impression of this hotel was that it looked shabby and run down on the outside. It could do well with a coat of paint. When we got inside it looked like any other budget hotel in Blackpool. Now I am going to go through the negative things first but don't let it put you off too much.... The lift was VERY narrow. Two people could just about fit in there with their suitcases. God help anyone who is claustaphobic. The bathrooms were tiny, a person my size could just about fit into the shower (I'm an average size) I don't know how the larger person could manage. Also there were only two small bar soaps provided (I prefer squirty soap as it's more hygienic) there was no air freshener so if you or someone with you takes a dump and it stinks well you better have a spray on you or suffer the consequences. Saying that, you could even smell it from outside the bedroom door. Nice. The room itself was plain, nothing stylish about it. There were cracks and damp patches on the ceiling. The TV's were so small you might as well stand right in front of it to watch it. I think the furniture must have come from a skip judging by all the marks and dents they have. There is less lime scale in the sea life centre than inside the kettles. The floor above us sounded like there was a herd of elephants kept there. I thought surely we're not staying at Blackpool zoo. The 99p bar was at a ridiculous 3pm - 8pm. A time when most people are out having a ball, why not have it a bit later on say after dinner - 11pm? That's the time anyone with a normal time pattern would want to get wrecked before climbing the stairs backwards (or getting stuck in the lift) to make it to bed. The dining room was roasting, you might as well have been the one being cooked and served. Some people were waiting half an hour for their food. The drinking glasses on the tables were like thimbles. Um that's about all the negative stuff about this place. Now the positive :) The rooms were kept clean, there was room service available everyday. There was always plenty of tea and coffee provided (and sugar) the beds were comfortable-ish. The showers were powerful. The toilets were pink. The food was quality, a different choice everyday though I did not understand why fruit juice was a starter? The staff were friendly and cheerful though one waiter was a grumpy old git (nah kidding) he was just a little familiar in a good way. The location was a little far from the town centre but there was a tram stop and bus stop right outside the hotel so cannot grumble. I didn't watch the entertainment but I certainly heard it alright because I was right above it. Yes it sounded good fair play. Overall it wasn't a bad hotel to stay in. We went there with leisure time coaches. Believe it or not I would actually go back there. The place just needs some sprucing up.

Room Tip: I forgot to mention that my partner and I had separate rooms to my friend in case I had you wonderin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here for the weekend and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Our room was fine with ample space and very comfy bed,it was also very clean. The couple who own the hotel were very friendly and accommodating and we got the feeling they would help you in any way they could. We look forward to staying here again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo C
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We got a good deal on this hotel via Wowcher, so I wasn't expecting anything amazing. The room was basic, but clean. The breakfasts were good and there was the choice of cereals and a full English - which was tasty and the service staff were friendly enough, as were the owners.
The room had a TV in it, but we could only get two channels - not something we were that bothered about. A post on the four poster bed actually blocked the TV, so it wasn't the best layout, but in the small room there wasn't much choice of position, so we lived with it.
The hotel is a couple of miles out of the centre of Blackpool, but the tram stops practically outside, so there's no problem getting to and from - I would recommend buying a day pass from the newsagents around the corner. I think this was about £3.50 for the day and for unlimited stops - really good value if you intend to be going up and down the strip.
All in all - basic but good. If you;re on a budget and not expecting the Earth then you'll be more than satisfied.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very annoying reading negative feedback on here! my mother and I paid £89 to stay here for a weekend...that included breakfast and a 3 course evening meal - all of which were lovely. This is a bargain. The rooms were clean and the owners are lovely and more than happy to be of assistance. The 99p bar was also a nice extra. We had a great time. I dont know what people expect for their money sometimes!! We had a delightful time.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank zeppelinbabe84
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel needs to be draged kicking and screaming into the 21 century. It has a new owner after the last owner gave it up after her husband died. You can see that this hotel was a warm and homely place with regular entertainment, check out the pic on the internet, unfortunately all the lights have gone out!. It now needs an overall refurbishment that sadly i think will not happen in todays financial climate. The new owners are young but enthusiastic and very helpful. Early season the bar is not allways open but there are some very good hostelries nearby, The Conservative Club open to non members, excellent and the newly refurbished Albion in Bispham village. The rooms are very small, in need of new decoration, clean carpets and the bathroom/shower was very poor and minute.Scolding Hot water in the sink but shower went freezing after 1 min. Coffee making facilities plus hair dryer. If we had staye 1 more night i would have neeed a chiropractor Breakfast was very good at 09:30am, we ate out in the evening. The hotel is on the front opposite the Tram line with stops approx 200yds in both directions, one every 12mins until evening then every 30mins , last tram 01:15am. Use your bus pass on this service free. Papershop approx 500yds passed the Con club. We booked this with a KGB £89 for 3 nights. Hotel ok for the lads weekend away, I wish the new owners all the best.

Room Tip: Wait until the hatel has a major refurb
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Me and my fiancée booked this cheap weekend with a coach company and it's safe to say you get what you pay for. The room was quite small and the bathroom was tiny. The hot water tap didnt work at first then we managed to fix it. The switch on the shower where you change it hot and cold came off in my hand and the bathroom light didnt work. Also there was no hair dryer in the riom. The food was basic not very filling and you'd swear it was from frozen. Breakfast was basic but nice. The bar was ok. 99p bar was only open from 3-8 and it was half pints and not many drinks to choose from. Didnt have many drinks to choose from anyway. The hotel was a fair way from the centre and all the shops but there was like a 2 minute walk to the tram station and trams were cheap. Apart from all that, the staff were very very nice and and we're very helpful. Also the group of people we were on the coach trip with were fun so we had a very good time and had a laugh :)

• Stayed May 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Booked this through KGB deals - £89 for 3 nights - you certainly only get what you pay for. This hotel is in need of a good clean, needs decoration and updating. Lights in our bedroom and en-suite didn't work, they managed to fix the ceiling light, but not the bedside light. TV had only 2 channels and unclear picture. Room was small and cold, dirty blinds and curtains, sink taps were grotty and sink had toothpaste marks in it when we arrived. I had to clean it when we arrived. Staff and owners were very nice though.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank S K

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels