The Woodley Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$59
Hotels.com
Oak Lea Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$41
$90
Kings Hotel(Blackpool)
$98
$66
All reviewstea facilitiesfamily roomthe ritzcouldn't do enoughfreeviewprom
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel ain't the Ritz, also they don't charge silly prices like other places in Blackpool... Really dont understand why this hotel has bad reviewe on tripadvisor, we both didn't find any problems while we stayed for 2 nights in a double room with en suite toilet/shower at a bargain £28 per night (no breakfast included) so for £56 we found it a bargain hotel very close walk to town, the staff couldn't be any friendly and helpful from arrival to leaving, the room had clean bedding and coffee/tea facility's in the room with tv freeveiw. they also provide free Wi-Fi for all guests and a pool table in a games room (charging £1) we will be defiantly be coming back when we return to Blackpool again.

yea the hotel is in need of updating in areas but get past the deco.... you've found a bargain hotel :-)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank claret1882
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with our friends. The landlady was friendly and showed us all to our rooms.
The double room me and my boyfriend was in was small but clean and the bed was comfortable, we would of benefited from a headboard however. The shower ran cold, hot water was hard to come by but after complaining this was sorted out quickly. The building itself looks rundown and could do with some work. I can't say anything about the breakfast as we refused (we would of had to pay £8 extra anyway) and had it elsewhere. In short, It's a place to sleep and conveniently close to the north pier, the tower and only a short walk to pubs and clubs and is very cheap.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect having read the reviews but was ok. Great location , great welcome from the owners and we were shown to our room. Booked as a small family room but was actually bigger than expected. Room was clean , tea and coffee provided. No towels provided unless a deposit is given. Could have done with more pillows on the bed. Didn't ask for more but sure they would have been provided if I'd asked. The room did smell a bit damp but the building is clearly old and in need of some work which I understand is happening but as with most things I appreciate this cannot happen overnight. Managed to park in carpark very close to hotel for £5 for 24hours. Hotel is very near to north pier and only a short walk to promenade.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Kylalass
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Trip adviser...In this case Trip Avoider!!

Stayed at the Woodley Hotel Bank holiday weekend in May 2013 with my boyfriend and family booked 2 room's the day before we went...no wonder it was one of the only hotels left in Blackpool...

Walked in and was greeted by a very particular smell sort of musty, old, damp smell...a few air freshers wouldn't have gone a miss...looked up and brown stains covered the ceiling..lick of paint would have done the job!...then a very "I can't be bothered" woman came to show us to our rooms very unhelpful and un- welcoming...bit of Clearasil was defiantly needed... she shown us to our rooms..walked up to the first "room" and my boyfriend couldn't hold in the laughter we thought it was some sort of practical joke we were waiting for the camera man to walk round the corner at any moment..to our dismay it wasn't! The room was more like a cupboard than a room i wouldn't have even let my dog stay in that room- two single beds squashed together, a wardrobe that would fit about 3 things in, the smallest en-suite in the world, tiny TV that had no volume that lasted at 3 mins then it turned itself off, wires hanging out and tangled fire hazard! no biscuits on the tea tray, paint and wallpaper hanging off the walls, bits all over the carpet like it hasn't been hoovered, the shower was cold no hot water, no temperature control, you couldn't even sit on the toilet because the sink was in the way!! the only thing that was good for is if you were being sick and needed the toilet at the same time! no towels! nothing matched horrible carpets, curtains and duvet covers, no bins in the room where are you suppose to put your rubbish?? out the window like everyone else had seemed to? lovely view of a skip outside our bedroom window, no headboards, duvet covers smelt and felt like grease, no soap in the "ensuite" which was desperately needed after being in this hotel! No phone to call reception, toilet seat didnt even fit on the toilet, light switich hanging off the wall, everything was a bodge job, You feel like you don't even want to walk on the carpet in bare feet,you didnt want to sit down on anything, no central heating in the rooms, old worn beds, mould under the mattresses, mould all the walls, dirty, smelly,damp, cold and just plain disgusting!!

On the way to the other room we had booked (getting my hopes up incase this one was any better) I heard the sound of dripping, I looked up to see some sort of leak in the ceiling then I looked down to find a plant pot underneath..creative idea i suppose!! Watering the plants from the leaky ceiling! This just gets better and better I thought! Opened the door to the other room...any last bit of hope was suddenly destroyed the smell and the fact we could now see our breathe had hit us in the face my god I was suddenly seriously thinking about committing a crime at this point...a cell for the night would have been better then this...Before she left us to enjoy our gorgeous rooms she asked if we would like breakfast in the morning for an extra £5 She would have to pay me to eat here!!! Then we got "If you need anything else give me a shout" She then disappeared into thin air to never be seen again or any of members of staff for that matter..probably on purpose!!

And to top it off after being in the room for half an hour i notice my chest started to itch i looked down to find a bite mark...oh what a surprise i thought!! God knows what that was from!

The pool room...No xbox, Wii or any kind of modern technology looked like it has ever seen the room which was advertised as having on the hotel website...the fire didn't even fit in the fire place for crying out loud!

Final thoughts...
I just had to laugh else I would have cried
I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to stay here
The kind of hotel you have to wipe your feet on the way out
I wouldn't go back here again even if I was paid!
The pet fish and snails in the tank in the living room area looked more appealing than the breakfast
Makes the hotel the Inbetweeners stayed in look like a palace
Absolutely disgusting, dirty place, worst hotel I have ever witnessed in my entire life,
Hell hole.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Yvette S
Reviewed April 29, 2013

just got back from our visit at blackpool we stayed here for 2 nights. did not get a very good welcoming from the lady she stood there and didnt say a word never even saw the man owner. we didnt stay for breakfast we had it at the local weatherspoons. room was clean and bed was comfy apart from bunk bed that my sons were on really did make some noise felt like it wasnt put together correctly. my son wanted to play the xbox as it states on here they have one but there wasnt one in sight and there was no bar. quite misleading. the car park where she showed us to park was horrid my husband car was covered in all sorts which had been dumped right by his car. overall had a great time in blackpool but could of done with an homely hotel i which we have stayed in plenty in blackpool.

Room Tip: family room is ok just the bunk beds not to good for kids
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family