“Perfect for what we needed!”

Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel
Ranked #35 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Perfect for what we needed!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

This premier Inn is easy to find and in a very handy location for the airport. The rooms are clean and tidy and the staff are friendly. The pub next door us,also a very handy place to get something to eat.

Will be happy to visit again,no complaints.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chloe M
Donna N, Manager at Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Hello Chloe M,

Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Blackpool Airport, I am pleased you had a lovely comfortable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Donna N
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2014

After choosing a Premier Inn(our normally preferred choice ) for our day in Blackpool 6/8/14 we arrived at our hotel about 5pm and went to our room to discover its was really warm I checked the temperature unit to discover it wasn't working (no read out) and assuming it was an AC unit I complained and I was told that it wasn't AC unit and a fan was provided and I could open window ,also they had taken batteries out of unit for obvious reasons ????...what in case I accidently turned heating up ? or maybe if I was cynical I couldn't see the actual high temperature reading ? so after explaining to guy at desk that a comfortable temperature is conducive to a good nights sleep I was greeted with a nothing we can do about it attitude. So after an awful nights sleep I have requested a refund, strangely enough it was cool outside ( I was hanging out of window at 3am to get cool) yet the heat inside would point to a heating issue with the hotel in general.
Looking at old reviews going back to 2012 it seems this heating issue has been long acknowledged by head office ......so there really is no excuse hence my refund request.... slap on the fingers for Whitbread Inc.
Couple of other small gripes worth mentioning disappointed that the hot breakfast was not buffet although food was good quality and no coffee machine (coffee in thermos was awful) and no whole milk there was semi skimmed only which stopped my wife having cereals there really should be a choice. All other aspects of our stay were the normal high standard.
I'm sad to be negative our stays in other Premier inn locations like Liverpool, Manchester ,plus business stays have been top notch.

Mark

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the good - all the reception staff were pleasant and helpful just as you would expect.

However, everything else was not want we normally expect from this chain. The cleaning was not great (no tea bags or coffee on two occasions and cleaning spray left in the bathroom luckily my child is old enough to know not to touch it).

There is no restaurant in the hotel but you go to the pub next door.

The main issue I had was nowhere on the website show does it state there are no lifts. I admit there are only 2 floors, however, as a single mum with asthma taking suitcases up and down stairs can be an issue. If I'd known this I might have requested a downstairs room or gone to another hotel.

Both my daughter and I said nothing apart from the reception staff made this hotel feel like a premier inn and if we return to Blackpool we will look elsewhere to stay.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Baddeb
Hello Baddeb,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am sorry that on this occasion you felt our usually high standards where not met. I will be personally looking into your cleanliness comments. I have looked into the website and if you click on disabled access it has a break down of each hotels details. However I will look into having the fact we have no lift made clearer and on our main page.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Donna N
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I always stay at this hotel its in close location to the beach and other amenities.
The staff are all friendly and polite.The bedrooms are clean and comfy although i had a problem with my bed it was eventually sorted( it did not spoil my stay in any way).Great place for families with children, has a Wacky Warehouse on site too. No need to ponder on whether to stay here or not.. BOOK NOW..!!! Yes, i may seem a little OTT but I do so LOVE Premier Inn BlackPool Airport. xx

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon T
Donna N, Manager at Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hello Sharon T,

Thank you for your very lovely review, we are so glad you had a lovely time again, beside your bed issue, we are getting the brand new premier inn beds very soon, and hope to welcome you back to an even better nights sleep.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We liked everything about the hotel other than 1 main thing. The room was far too hot through night. We had to put up with a fan on all night which hindered our sleep but please consider air con here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello David9307,

Thank you for your review on Premier Inn Blackpool Airport, we are sorry your stay was hindered by the hot room, although we do try our best with fans and providing sheets, we are aware that air con would be fantastic. The company is upgrading some sites with air con so fingers crossed.

Hope to see welcome you again soon
Frizington, Cumbria
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before a flight from Blackpool Airport, but it would be worth considering it for a visit to Blackpool itself as the Squires Gate tram stop is only a 10 minute walk away.
The location is ideal for Blackpool flights as it is only 100 yards from the terminal. The staff were very knowledgeable about the quirks of flying from Blackpool (Airport development fee, parking) and saved me a lot of time and effort with their advice. We will definitely stay here again.

The only downside was the Air Balloon restaurant. Although the food was good and the staff very freindly and helpful, for the evening meal they were severely understaffed. It's one of those restaurants where you note your table number then order your food at the 'food ordering point', then your drinks at the bar. There was one person taking food orders and one at the bar. The queue was enormous! It took nearly 25 minutes to get my food and drink orders placed! Luckily we were in no hurry, but for some in the queue it was very frustrating.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Jonty007,

Thank you for taking time to write your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it is nice to hear we provided you with information you needed. I can only apologise for your poor experience in the air balloon and I will pass your comments to the manager next door.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at Premier Inn Blackpool Airport.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have used this Premier Inn many times and yet again had a very comfortable stay.
They now provide a separate sheet in case the duvet is too warm which is an added bonus.
The staff were very helpful

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jayne S
Donna N, Manager at Premier Inn Blackpool Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hello Red L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review, I am glad you had yet another enjoyable stay with us and you found the sheets a welcome addition in this hot weather. We look forward to seeing you again soon.