“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #70 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Newport, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in the North Pier room. Very luxurious (tv in the bathroom!) and so clean.
Lots of choice for breakfast. Claire is very welcoming and helpful.
Only a 10 minute walk to the front but also a bus stop right outside if you don't want to walk.
Would recommend this to anyone. Will stay here again if visiting Blackpool.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. I do hope by now you've recovered from all the walking and it would be my pleasure to have you stay again - I do like to be surrounded by lovely guests! Very best wishes Claire.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed here with our 6 yr old daughter whilst visiting the illuminations. We stayed in the North Pier room, it was fantastic. Very comfortable and our 6 yr old loved the tv in the bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and we were made to feel extremely welcome. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your really lovely review and it was my pleasure to have you all stay. The Halloween decorations have only just dried out and I hope by now you have too! Take care and I very much hope to see you again sometime with lots more 2ps for the amusements. All the best Claire.
Bakewell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This must be the best b&b in Blackpool, from the warm welcome to the sumptuous room, stunning bathroom and the delicious breakfast. Claire couldn't have been nicer and nothing is too much trouble. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
What lovely people you are! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for your really kind words. I thoroughly enjoyed having you stay and I hope to see you again soon for a return visit by which time hopefully we will have all recovered from the traumas of Coronation Street!!
Castleford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

From the booking to arriving to leaving everything is done with a touch of class by the hosts Claire & Mark.
Best hotel / BB we have stayed in at Blackpool. Definitely worth its 5 star rating.
Claire went out of her way to make my family feel welcome and was great with our 5 year old daughter.
The rooms are superb with all the latest cons. Bfast was excellent.
A must stay if your in the area.
We will definitely be returning.
Rob, Lisa & Sienna.

Stayed October 2013
My goodness you must have literally arrived home and written the review - thank you so very much!
You say you really enjoyed your stay, well it works both ways and I thoroughly enjoyed having you to stay although I have had to replenish the lollipops again!! Again, thank you so much for your lovely comments and I hope to see you all again soon with Lisa having two good legs!
Binfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just returned from a 2 day stay at number one St Luke's and what can I say apart from I didn't want to leave my kids didn't want to leave it was so lovely. Claire and Mark make u feel very welcome I didn't feel like we was paying guests I felt more like family. My 2 daughters adored Claire she's so friendly and welcoming and nothing is to much trouble. Breakfast was amazing I totally recommend having the bacon it's amazing. The attention to detail is spot on we have taken some really great ideas away for our own home. If u want to stay somewhere that you can chill out and get away from the hassle of the town Number One is perfect only a very short walk to the pleasure beach. I can't thank Claire and Mark enough for such a lovely stay and how brill they are with younger guests can't wait to book again for July.

Room Tip: What ever room u have it will be brilliant
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
My goodness, what can I say except that it was our pleasure to have you all stay - I knew we were all going to have a great time after speaking to you on the phone and the girls are just so adorable and extremely well behaved so thank you!! We very much look forward to seeing you all again next year. Hugs & kisses all round!
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a very enjoyable stay at number one st lukes. The attention to detail made our stay extra special, from beginning to end, from the offer of coffee one arrivial because we were early, to the tv while in the jacuzzi using the complimentary the White Company toiletries or the molten brown hand wash beside the fountain tap in the downstairs bathroom. Claire couldn't have been more friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The choice of breakfast was great, I chose something different daily and everything was beautifully cooked with great quality, ethical ingredients (local, organic/free range where possible).

The location is far enough away to be peaceful but close enough to be a short walk into the start of the prom, next to the pleasure beach.

Optional extras were reasonably priced such as a selection of snacks and drinks, champagne breakfast hamper and hot tub hire with bubbly. The weather was windy on our stay and not knowing about the hot tub we did not come prepared but it looked great.

Overall, a very nice stay, all the luxury of a hotel with the personal touch of a b&b. I have to admit, really missing the remote control lighting since arriving home!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank sweetilemon
Claire S, Owner at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
My goodness - thank you so much for saying such lovely things about us. I'm really sorry about it being so windy during your stay so if you come to visit us again I'll try and do better with the weather! All the best, Claire
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Me and my partner have stayed in this BB and it's sister hotel and both in everyway were outstanding. Attention to detail is second to none, especially for us was the breakfast. The selection was suitable for every palate and it was served with a smile and nice conversation. The interior design was beautiful and classy. So clean you could literally eat your food off everything. You do pay a higher price for this BB/Hotel but every penny is worth the comfort and elegance you get.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lynneddie
Claire S, Manager at Number One St Luke's, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Just a quick note to thank you for your lovely review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and breakfast - the most important meal of the day especially when you're on your hols and don't realise how far you walk!! Again, very many thanks!