“weekend away”
Review of Melville Hotel

Melville Hotel
Ranked #60 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed July 3, 2013

just got back from a weekend away to this hotel, we had a nice room, double bed and a twin bathroom was small but hey it did the job and the water was red hot all the time, they should have put warning signs up. food was ok it filled us. all the staff were friendly and helpful , i would stay here again very close to everything xx

Room Tip: we had the top rooms over the front 63 64
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank susan m

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just got back on sunday evening from going with national holidays coach company, went on Saturday upon arrival given our menus to choose from , with it being about 2,30pm (ish) just we arriving decided not to have the evening meal which is was included as we were in a package through national holidays as they said to be there 5.30pm, we were only in Blackpool for what was the remainder of Saturday and on sunday , 3.00pm bk on coach so decided to eat out to save on time goin back an forth, the menu didn't look to appealing anyway for us that is! Got given our what I thought was OUR room keys , had a shcok horror moment going up to the room putting key in door and going the room I had to look twice! You ask why well, beds not maid etc I thought ah maids haven't been in, then I see peoples belongins suitcases etc I was stunned and obviously abit tired from the journey it tok is a second or 2 to realise what is going on! So went down stairs explained got checked up on system an I was given a key for someone rooms that was already occupied which you know 1st impressions ???? got given right kep but was nt so fast to get in room this time frightened incase the same but wasn't thankgod, I did get apology's etc but thers the what if's though! What if people were in there room what would they think and visa versa and how would they react towards me as if that had happened to me I would be crazy specially your belongings etc are there ,I could have been any 1 and could av took any thing but thank god am not that kind of person, if this could happen to them or me it can easily happen to any 1 (maybe) whether the people of that room new or was informed I will never no! Shouldn't have happened end of , putting people in an awkard most unfortable moment just lucky ther's none of the what if's that happened! Once in our original room had a double bed and a single bed even though on booking there was only one double bed left which we booked hmm? beds really comfortable ours were cant speak for beds in other rooms as never slept in them, had a kettle, with tea, milk, coffie an sugar etc there is a note stating if you like more than is available for a small charge!small lcd tv all channels working an remote, had very tiny window but didn't bother us just thought I mention it for some reason, room very clean had a lamp plenty of wardrobe space a drawer set an a mirror in bedroom as well as bathroom . now the bathroom had a shower , plenty of hot running water, spacious and towels provided! Walls cant tell if they are actually thin or people been over loud all hours ! People in 1 room nxt to us 3.00am carrying on, laughing, joking, which am up for any1 havin a good time but the expense of others an no consideration! Yes every 1 is on there trip, break or holiday or what eva u call it and wants to enjoy there time in their own way but at the same time other people are there too wanting there thing so a little consideration concerning running round corridors etc wudnt go a miss!6.00am banging etc well yes it is Blackpool and it is the end of the mth and the weekend but to me theres no excuse these are people not the actual hotel! There is bar didn't bother with, breakfast ok had English breakfast made to order which I was asked by waitress who was really friendly and I like this compare to buffet style places for breakfast buffets as it then feels less like feeding time at the zoo! Like one viewer said before I agree its a place to get your head down this is my opinon for me if I was to ever come back to this hotel other people might feel different but can only speak for what was my experience and every 1 else will or have experience different experinces at this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AngelaM M
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have just returned from a two day National Holiday break. The Melville was central for attractions and night life, but room was tiny, booked a double - bed was a 3/4!! The shelf was hanging off from behind the bed, the blinds didn't close properly, the lead wasn't long enough to plug the kettle in you had to put it on the floor. The bathroom need a good overall, someone had had a lovely time with filler, but not a good job!! We were given the menu on arrival for choices for the evening meal, just did not appeal, reminded us of hospital food choices. We went out and found a lovely Greek restaurant. Breakfast was okay. For a one night stay, someone to put your head down for a few hours sleep, but would not stay longer.

2  Thank SmsTyping
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have been to the melville me and my partner for a short break. We had such a great time that we are going back again 4weeks later. The staff was lovely and the food was great. The entertainment was reallu good and wasnt to expensive for drinks.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great and there is a lift to all floors.
7  Thank Leah B
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The sea front is litraly 2 minutes away. the rooms are basic but clean.staff seem fine but the food is rank.i had to go to a local take away for tea as i could not eat the food.they have wifi but the signal is poor.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank critehouse
Reviewed June 19, 2013

i found this hotel not bad meals were nice the staff plesant it could do with alick of paint here and there but over all not bad thanks to phil great host on a night time this hotel great for being in the middle of all the shows like winter gardens and the tower and other shows and shops and bars also the hotel was all ways open for you coming back on a night time they play bingo and quizes and singers

Room Tip: we stayed in room 27 very quiet
1  Thank steven n
Reviewed June 14, 2013

stayed at this hotel 10th June to 14th 2013 found it very poor the place is old the rooms very small bathroom would not take two people at once so if you want the toilet and a wash at same time it cannot be done, I had room 34 it did nothing but creak even during the night when no one was about the food was just about adequate menu not inspiring at all, most of the meals were not that inviting you would not get fat on them the only good thing to say was the staff were very accommodating and helpful we came with a travel company so we had not any choice but to stay if I had to I would not book in at this hotel again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends