“filthy hotel”

Ranked #512 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
ireland
“filthy hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

I stayed in this hotel in July.
I had just made a long journey from ireland and wanted to relax.
It was a terrible experience.
It was filthy and there was an awful smell every time you walked into the lounge!
There was dogs hairs all over the sofas and in the rooms.
The springs were digging out of the beds and it wasnt friendly!
The dogs were running up and down the stairs barking at 12:30 at night disturbing your sleep.
The place was very unhygienic!
There was blue mould on the toast for breakfast and the meat was half cooked.
The drinks at the bar were over-priced compared to every other hotel.
When i woke after the first night here i packed my stuff and left straight away!
I would never, ever stay or recommend this hotel to anyone!!
When I left i found another hotel called the Osborne House Hotel On Reads Avenue
I was welcomed in with open arms
There was a pool table a huge lounge and bar and the staff (Jo and Rob) were very friendly.
The rooms were very clean and the hotel was fabulous.
I would recommend The Osborne House Hotel to anyone staying in blackpool looking to be near the central pier!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
shirleanne, owner at Da Ville Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2009
These two Irish couples arrived together. On their first night the husband of one of the couples was down in the bar dringking and having a laugh and joke with the owners' partner. Everyone seemed happy. The first sign that it wasn't,was when we heard a row going on because the husband had been down drinking in the bar and she had been left alone and that they had a smaller room than the other couple, who apparently had the bigger room when they went away somewhere before.. After the big row with him, she packed her bags and left. The rest of the party stayed for the night and the next morning her husband said they were leaving because the child was ill. I am not allowed to tell you on this site what then happened, but I will say that we have a cancellation policy and if you leave and want a refund you must give 48 hours notice, because we could have let the rooms over and over again. As I said in another response, at the time these people stayed we had a yearly visit from the Health and Safety Inspector. I am sure he would have noticed the endless list of complaints listed, but instead he passed the hotel with flying colours, he comes unexpectedly without appointment at breakfast time so that he can see the conditions within the hotel. ( I think any person of reasonable intelligence would know that a hotel having all the things listed wrong with it, would not be allowed to trade, (not in the UK anyway. )) He not only inspects the kitchen and dining room, but also insepcts every other part of the hotel, i.e, the letting rooms, en-suites,hallways etc and he is very strict.I would lik to say, If you were to reverse what these people have said you would get the correct impression of our hotel. Finally, I would say that for £15 per night that customers pay, I feel that they get extremely good value for their money. Our breakfasts are always complimented on, bed linen towels, etc, are all washed at home, smell beautiful and everything is changed new for every person, we do not; as some other hotels do, leave a duvet covers or counterpaynes on a bed and just change the sheets and pillowcases. Although we only have 6 rooms we have 2 cleaners. These cleaners come in everytime guests are due, there is no mould in our showers, and our toilets are spotless, they are bleached and cleaned everytime new people come as is everything else.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
drogheda
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

My family and i stayed at the Granville on palatine rd in July 2009, my brother and his family were with us also, all i can say is that it was one of the worst experiences of our lives, we had travelled from ireland for a short break and when we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the owner a male that appeared very scruffy dressed, alarm bells should have started then but we just wanted to begin our hollidays for the childrens sake, the proprieter asked us to pay the full amount for our stay as he said that this was common practice, we paid and he showed us to our rooms the were very tatty and tired looking but decided to make the most of it for the children, we left for the evening and on our return we noticed the full extent of how dirty the hotel was, there was dog hair all over the stairs and the thickness of it indicated that it had not been cleaned for a very long time, after a very long and stressful night both families decided that we would leave and find alternative accommadation as the owners had let their pet dogs in to the house while people were trying to sleep and they were barking outside the bedroom doors, my husband was very brave and decided to try breakfast and to our disgust he was given mouldy toast, we confronted the owners andtold them we were leaving and explained about the dogs e.t.c they refused to refund us any of our money back, we left anyway because we felt that it was a serious health ans safety issue, i would just like other people to avoid having to go through that ordeal with their families so my advice would be to stay clear of the granville on palatine rd if you want to enjoy blackpool.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family