“Overnight stay”

Ranked #182 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Bedworth
“Overnight stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I booked this hotel as an overnight stay in Blackpool due to it's location being near to Blackpool football club. The owners of the hotel were very pleasant and i was made feel very welcome however the down side is there is no on site parking and the nearest available parking is at the football club itself which i didn't feel comfortable leaving my car in an open car park over night. The rooms were comforable but a little small but it was clean and everything i needed for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Choose a bigger room if possible as they are small.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Southend on sea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel three times now and each time i enjoyed my stay. The service was excellent and so was the rooms and breakfast. Very worth the money and if i went back to blackpool i would stay here. GREAT BED AND BREAKFAST.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed at The Sandhurst for the 2nd time and it was equally as good as the first. Mick & Joanne are great hosts, it's like a home from home. They can't do enough for you, they work incredibly hard and you really get the feeling you are being looked after. Next door to the pleasure beach and with a Pier close by you have entertainment on your door step! I can't wait to visit again next year!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Huddersfield
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We were expecting a small room as stated but this was literally a large single bed in a box room, the en-suite was falling to bits but what can you expect with the price? Well I would expect hot water for a start, my partner had a nice warm shower which was nice, but afterwards my shower was short lived, by the time I had shampoo on my head the water turned freezing so I was unable to wash it out. I got my partner to go down stairs and we were told the light had gone out on the boiler and to wait 10 minutes for it to warm back up, this didn’t happen. After 10 minutes I went down myself with shampoo still in my hair and was told the water tank didn’t cater for multiple showers. How is this possible for a hotel with multiple rooms?... However after I explained we were meeting Friends at 6pm and it was already 5 we were finally offered an electric shower in another room. However the temperature gauge was on the outside of the shower and also to turn it on you had to turn it from hot to cold, so I set it at the halfway mark. Jumped in the shower and screamed. This was scalding, jumped back out and turned it right on the blue. This was still far too hot and by the time I’d managed to wash my shampoo out I was red raw. I told the hotel owner and was told I could have my money back and leave, but this wasn’t my intention, I just wanted to give advice plus time was getting on and we were pushing it to be out for 6pm. Over all not necessarily happy, the plus was didn’t have to be out of rooms until 11 am but can think of any other plusses.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jezz W
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed for two nights and the accommodation okay, en-suite with a double and two singles. The room was well presented and clean as was the en-suite. The breakfast could have been better quality given the price of the room. The hotel is very close to the pleasure beach and south pier.

There is very limited on street parking in the area, and we had to leave our car a couple of blocks away.

Having booked a room for 4 adults via Bookings.com we were disappointed to discover that the price for the room was apparently for 2 adults and 2 children resulting in additional and unexpected costs. The staff were pleasant and friendly but uncompromising, given the situation. The last thing anyone wants to hear on arrival is that there are additional charges and for that reason I wouldn’t be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank StuEdin
Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Managed to get in for a one night stay - although the shower was not working really enjoyed it - especially as it was a one night stay!!

Promised to come and see them soon as will be staying at the Arncliffe Hotel on osborne road

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

Very comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. The rooms are small but clean and the location is ideal. Would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2010