“Very friendly B&B”
Review of Manor House Hotel

Manor House Hotel
Ranked #472 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have just returned from a two day stay on a voucher so to me this was at a great discount, but from the point we phoned to make the booking we knew that whoever ran this place takes care of his custom.

We were not able to turn up till very late in the evening , but the hotel owner made sure everything was sorted for us so there was no problems when we arrived which was appreciated .

We had a small double which was very clean and tidy.
The cleanliness of the place was fantastic - obvious recent upgrade of new beds, lamps, tv's, kettles, hair dryers, shelving, decoration, has made it really nice. The en-suit bathroom was very very clean, with handwash, hand and bath bath towels with a mint chocolate sweet placed on top on arrival in the room! and the softest, nicest toilet paper i've ever come across not the normal I wish I brought my own ( well done)

the breakfast was second to none you just helped yourself to the cereal and tea/coffee juice with abundance of jams /honey/butter ect if you wanted then followed by a full English if you wish.

I personally would use this establishment again if I was back in Blackpool and ty to all the staff for a excellent visit

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me and my Wife wanted to get away for the weekend, and chose Blackpool - a quick 45 mins trip down the M6. We had a budget of how much we wanted to spend, and I found the Manor House Hotel comfortably inside our budget for 2 nights (Fri & Sat). Now, we could of had a double for £120 or a small double for £110. Unfortunately I shouldn't have been so tight in trying to save £10 opting for the small double because it really was small....I know I chose it but didn't expect it to be that small - my fault, not the Manor House's. Another unfortunate point was the quality of our sleep - mine being the worst as although there was zero noise from outside, the guests on both nights staying in the room directly above ours found it neccsarry to bang, clatter, stomp around the floor, constantly visit the toilet, continuously plug and un-pluging things into the electric sockets which was so, so loud - this went on untill 12;30am and started again at 05.00 both days so I got 4.5hrs sleep both nights. Again, not the Hotels fault. Now the reason for the 5 stars. The cleanliness of the place was fantastic - despite the age of the place, this being masked by an obvious recent upgrade ie new beds, lamps, tv's, kettles, hair dryers, shelving, decoration, carpets - really nice. The en-suit bathroom was very very clean, with handwash, hand and bath bath towels with a mint chocolate sweet placed on top on arrival in the room! and the softest, nicest toilet paper i've ever come across!! The shower was powerful, despite it taking a bit for the hot water to arrive through the pipes but when it did it was hot!! The staff - sorry Pal can't remember your name but you were a really nice polite fella, and your mate who was helping out with shifts on the bar and cleaning, both of you are a credit to your parent's business. And the lady and gent on breakfast service - lovely friendly (and funny!) guys. You cooked up and served a CRACKING breakfast, really tasty - this was a help-you-self to coffee/tea/juices/cereals/cook your own toast/ butters, jams, marmalades, then an order was taken if you wanted something cooked which if taken full consisted of bacon, sausage, egg, a piece of fried bread, hash brown, beans (served in a separate ramakin) and plum tomatoes (also served in a ramakin) We thought it a nice little touch to serve it like this - well done guys. There is a bar down stairs which we had a couple of vodka n lemonades in and the lads were in there chatting with us and it was nice sharing stories about the hospitality trade (my wife works in a hotel) So to sum up, staff - 5*, breakfast - 5*, cleanliness - 5*, location - 5*, value for money 5* would we stop again? yes - but not in the small double!! Seriously, the only bad point was my poor sleep.

Room Tip: I'm a very light sleeper - never heard any noise from outside at all, only the noisy guests abov...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here in September for the weekend, me my husband an 3 children, had a lovely family room ,one double an one triple bed which was very comfy... We all slept very well . Very modern an the words I said when opening the room door was WOW!! The staff are also very friendly and will do anything they can to make your stay as comfy as possible. location of the manor is also great as your located in the middle of the tower and pleasure beach. Breakfast here is also the bees knees with a selection of everything you can possibly think of, my children were so happy to choose what ever they wanted an there was plenty to choose from . I could go on an on about this place so I would highly recommend to everyone see you again

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Dailingping
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I bought a wowcher for a two night stay at the Manor House Hotel and made sure before buying it that it covered the dates that I needed which were during school holidays so that I could take my son to Blackpool for the first time. As stated on the wowcher I emailed the hotel to make a booking and when I didn't receive a reply I rang about 5 times with no answer when I finally got an answer I was told that there was no availability at all that week. As I then checked on the website for availability for some strange reason there was availability that week. I guess Wowcher customers don't really matter to them because they're not paying full price and a disappointed 7 year old most certainly doesn't matter to them. What makes it even more disappointing is that the reviews from people who have stayed at the hotel are really good so they seem to have let themselves down.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 22Disappointed2013
Nickdunnin, Owner at Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

i,m so sorry you had difficulty getting through to the hotel,we were very busy at the time but that's still not acceptable and I have sorted that problem now,the rooms you would have seen on my website were not available on the offer,it was half term week and Wowcher offers were not available for those dates but i still allowed all my double and twin rooms to be used leaving me my family rooms priced at normal rate,my family rooms are a lot more expensive,they sleep between 4 and 5 people and there was no way i could use those rooms with a offer for 2 people ! i'm a small hotel that still needs to make a profit when i can during the main holidays,once again sorry for the inconvenience caused to yourself and your son
many thanks
Nick

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Myself, Girlfriend, 9yr old and 2yr old Daughters and my mother all stayed in this hotel for the night in August and I have to say I was very impressed.....
The rooms were clean and well decorated to a high standard. They had everything needed for a pleasant stay (TV,Hair Dryer.ect) The room we were in was on suite, shower was amazing, towels, shampoo, soap ect all provided. The bed was big and comfy, bedding ws soft, clean and well looked after, the decor was classy.
The Hotel Its self had that warm family feel to it and yet still maintained a touch of class at the same time. With it being a family run hotel you got that warm feeling when your about. The staff there were extreamly helpful and pleasant, always willing to help and tell you about any offers that are currently on in the area which came in very handy.
The Bar in the hotel had a wide selection of drinks, pool table, big screen TV's and an extremely funky table with a built in games machine in. (fantastic to pass time on with the kids) It also offered live entertainment at the peak times (live music ect)
The breakfast was a buffet style and boy do you get a selection. From your full English with all the trimmings to cereal, fruit to croissants the selection was fantastic all of course with tea, coffee or fruit juice.
Parking is about a 2-5min walk on the next road along from the hotel. Its a pay and display car park which is monitored by cctv 24hrs a day, the price is not exactly wallet busting at about £5 for 24hrs and there was pleanty of space.
The Hotel is located directly between Blackpool Tower and Blackpool Pleasure Beach, althought the hotel is not directly on the sea front you can see the famous sea view from the room we were in as its at the beach end of the side street its situated, there are a few local shops within a min walk to get pretty much anything you've forgotten or left at home.
This hotel may not be the cheapest hotel in Blackpool but its not a gut busting price per night and definately worth every penny if you do want a comfortable stay. When I go back to Blackpool I will be re-booking with the Manor House Hotel and if any of the staff are reading this review, thankyou for a lovely stay and i'll see you all next time.....

Room Tip: The room at the front of the building has the sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank B_Ray1892
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Have been here many times over the years.. The current owner and his family took over some years ago and things just got better overnight .. There were a few years when we were unable to go, but when we were able to start going back again .. WOW, The improvements that have been made in recent years have been outstanding .... The Breakfast is very casual with a wide choice to suit both our tastes....The food is Superb and nothing is too much trouble regarding eating tastes.... An evening meal, and bar food are catered for if required...Privacy was wanted and we had it., without asking .. A Credit to Nick and his family <3

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just returned home from a stay at The Manor House & what a fab time we had!! All I can say is, can't wait to go back. The rooms were great, the Bar & games room were even better especially the cola bottle flavoured Vodka & the full English was lovely too! Nick and his Parents made us all feel very welcome & would recommend this Hotel to any Family going to Blackpool looking to have a great time.
The Bates Family.